Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Andrew Wiggins says he wants to play for Raps

Post Thanks / Like

Quote AngryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    This is one of THE most sensible posts in this entire topic. He was asked one casual question and he responded by naming his hometown team and the team he grew up cheering for. People are analyzing his response way too much. Wiggins's mindset now will be WAY different than his mindset when/if he does become a FA. What if the team he does get drafted too has a stellar supporting cast? What if they are a contender and Toronto isn't? (At the hypothetical time when he is a FA) Point being, we should be appreciative for the fact that the hometown boy wants to play for the team and revisit this in the future if it happens. All these scenarios of him forcing teams to let him play in Toronto are just crazy.
    blah blah blah blah blah blah

Not listening
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wiggins will most likely be drafted by some crappy franchise that tanked to get him. Even with Wiggins, they'll be mediocre for a few seasons at least (he is not LeBron). Meanwhile, the Raptors should build a solid team around JV and preserve cap space for the first opportunity to snag Wiggins in free agency. If Wiggins sees that he can join another complementary young star (i.e. JV) in his hometown, I don't think it's so far-fetched to think he wouldn't abandon a crappy tanking franchise to join the Raptors.

Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bouncepass wrote: View Post
    Wiggins will most likely be drafted by some crappy franchise that tanked to get him. Even with Wiggins, they'll be mediocre for a few seasons at least (he is not LeBron). Meanwhile, the Raptors should build a solid team around JV and preserve cap space for the first opportunity to snag Wiggins in free agency. If Wiggins sees that he can join another complementary young star (i.e. JV) in his hometown, I don't think it's so far-fetched to think he wouldn't abandon a crappy tanking franchise to join the Raptors.
    At last someone with logical thinking and seriously, lets see him play in college first.
    #FREE

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    At last someone with logical thinking and seriously, lets see him play in college first.
    Logical thinking is to snag him in free agency? That's as much of a dice roll as the draft :P

While we're at it, we might as well assemble picks to land as many players from Brampton as possible:
    http://www.sportseh.ca/article/it-s-...ian-basketball

Then we can field a Jonas + All Canada Team!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    Logical thinking is no fun
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread Information