Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 156

Thread: DJ Augustin signs 1-year Deal with Raptors

  1. #61
    Raptors Republic Starter Primer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    585
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Tank aficionados need to realize that tanking doesn't happen until after the trade deadline. We're going to go into the season trying to win and make the playoffs. If it looks like we're gonna fall short halfway through the season, we start to deal players and go into tank mode. It's not going to happen in the preseason, or it would have already. I think this team will disappoint all the tankers and actually be a pretty good team. Everyone discounts what a beast JV will be this year like he won't make any impact on this teams wins and losses. I think just JV's improved play gets us into the playoffs. Adding improved play from anyone else (or bench improvement from new signings) is just gravy to get us a better seed. I predict 6 seed and I think we're gonna be a nightmare for the 3 seed this year.

  2. Like p00ka liked this post
  3. #62
    Raptors Republic All-Star JimiCliff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,498
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
    I'm likely very delusional for thinking this, but I think Hansbrough is going to surprise alot of people this year. Albeit right now he'll be backing up Amir, I bet that changes halfway through the year. I'm a Heels fan and he isn't as terrible on the offensive side as some say. Given PT, he'll do well here in Toronto. Book it.
    But I'm assuming you don't think he'll turn into an All-Star. That's what I'm talking about.

  4. #63
    Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Almonte
    Posts
    3,938
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    But I'm assuming you don't think he'll turn into an All-Star. That's what I'm talking about.
    Oh, sorry. No, definitely not an all-star but I do see him performing much like Amir did last season. That's a nice problem to have in my opinion. My concern with this team is the mostly at the SG spot.

  5. #64
    Raptors Republic Rookie Profster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    34
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote drunkmunky wrote: View Post
    I think you should leave all that tanking stuff to the tanking thread.
    Isn't drunk monkey in the tank already

  6. #65
    Raptors Republic Rookie Profster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    34
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Bennett wants to play for the raptors how about we win a few games.

  7. #66
    Raptors Republic Rookie Profster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    34
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
    And what happens when we tank and miss out on the 25% chance of winning the lottery next year? It was all for naught.

    Tanking is ridiculous. I wanna roundhouse all the Raptors fans in the throat who suggest it constantly.

    So line up tank supporters. I'm limbering up right now.
    I love this guy. I'm the guy to the lift of him with the ten foot wingspan I throw tankers to the next lake.

  8. Like p00ka liked this post
  9. #67
    Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,366
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Primer wrote: View Post
    Tank aficionados need to realize that tanking doesn't happen until after the trade deadline. We're going to go into the season trying to win and make the playoffs. If it looks like we're gonna fall short halfway through the season, we start to deal players and go into tank mode. It's not going to happen in the preseason, or it would have already. I think this team will disappoint all the tankers and actually be a pretty good team. Everyone discounts what a beast JV will be this year like he won't make any impact on this teams wins and losses. I think just JV's improved play gets us into the playoffs. Adding improved play from anyone else (or bench improvement from new signings) is just gravy to get us a better seed. I predict 6 seed and I think we're gonna be a nightmare for the 3 seed this year.
    It will still take an astute eye to make that call. We can easily have a .500+ record based on the number of equal and weaker teams. That won't be the case in a few years if we stay status quo.

  10. #68
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,143
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptorsss wrote: View Post
    So, what does this mean for Buycks? He signed with us since we promised him the 2nd string position
    this confuses me as well

    i hate dj augustine
    @jerboat

  11. #69
    Raptors Republic Superstar Bendit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,665
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    this confuses me as well

    i hate dj augustine
    Think the 3 shell game (the one you need to keep away from on certain street corners).

    MU is effing with everyone's head.

  12. #70
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,643
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote drunkmunky wrote: View Post



    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--ra...222640892.html

    Wow! I'm pumped about this. I've mentioned multiple times in here how he would be a good addition. He's small and speedy sort of like TJ. This was a good play by MJ because if DJ can turn it around then he could be a good long term backup PG if the extension then came.

    I didn't realize he was still out there on the market.

    Quote Raptorsss wrote: View Post
    So, what does this mean for Buycks? He signed with us since we promised him the 2nd string position, if he's now our 3rd string I bet he'd rather have signed with OKC.
    More like he signed with the Raptors because they promised to pay him and let him sit on the bench. He should be thankful he made the league. Nobody knew who he was or how to pronounce his name a week ago.

    Quote Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
    And what happens when we tank and miss out on the 25% chance of winning the lottery next year? It was all for naught.

    Tanking is ridiculous. I wanna roundhouse all the Raptors fans in the throat who suggest it constantly.

    So line up tank supporters. I'm limbering up right now.
    Everybody get out of the paint because the Doctor is about to operate ha, ha.

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    So line up mediocrity lovers. I'm not very limber but luckily I don't have to kick too high for most people.
    Are Matt's feet planted? I don't know if he's gonna draw the foul or not here yet.

    Quote Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
    While I agree with you to a certain extent
    Shot clock violation. Boooooooo. I thought this was going to get heated there for a second.

  13. #71
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,143
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    damn apollo, u cold
    @jerboat

  14. #72
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,643
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    It's summer time. Somebody has to bring the chill.

  15. #73
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,043
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I hate that I agree with everything Apollo has said....

  16. #74
    Raptors Republic All-Star TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,321
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Raps got their backup PG
    Follow me on Twitter - @RRyan22

  17. #75
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,257
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Sorry, I fell asleep. Who did the raptors pick up? Django Augusyine?
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  18. #76
    Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,051
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Hassan wrote: View Post
    I think MU is making moves just incase he wants to tank mid season and he doesnt think this team can be tweaked to make it into a contender. If we tank agustin can start if not he can sit on the bench
    To tell you the truth I think Raps fans are reading too much into these signings. I feel Ujiri's sole purpose with all the moves he has made this off season is to be fiscally responsible and to get us no further over the cap than we need to be and below if possible. As I have mentioned in previous posts he is filling in the holes in this roster with bargain basement contracts.

  19. #77
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,257
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    To tell you the truth I think Raps fans are reading too much into these signings. I feel Ujiri's sole purpose with all the moves he has made this off season is to be fiscally responsible and to get us no further over the cap than we need to be and below if possible. As I have mentioned in previous posts he is filling in the holes in this roster with bargain basement contracts.
    Pretty much. But, raptors fans prefer to hang by his balls..
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  20. #78
    Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    1,300
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Ya I really think this season isn't a part of Ujiri's plans. I feel like he's in a position where he has to wait to be in a better state financially before he can even consider his plan for building a contender. I think the next couple seasons will be a lot more of "Who's worth keeping" instead of being part of his master plan.

  21. #79
    Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,051
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    Pretty much. But, raptors fans prefer to hang by his balls..
    Whether that is deserved or not we won't know until he actually makes a move to shape our roster. So far he has maintained a holding pattern.

  22. #80
    Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    1,300
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I also think this is why he wants no long term deals. He'll sign(or trade for) young prospects, see if there is anyone who fits longterm and then when Rudy comes off the books, try to build a contender through the assets he's picked up, that he's decided are worth keeping and through FA.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •