Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: DJ Augustin signs 1-year Deal with Raptors

Raptors Republic Starter Primer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Tank aficionados need to realize that tanking doesn't happen until after the trade deadline. We're going to go into the season trying to win and make the playoffs. If it looks like we're gonna fall short halfway through the season, we start to deal players and go into tank mode. It's not going to happen in the preseason, or it would have already. I think this team will disappoint all the tankers and actually be a pretty good team. Everyone discounts what a beast JV will be this year like he won't make any impact on this teams wins and losses. I think just JV's improved play gets us into the playoffs. Adding improved play from anyone else (or bench improvement from new signings) is just gravy to get us a better seed. I predict 6 seed and I think we're gonna be a nightmare for the 3 seed this year.

2. Like p00ka liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star JimiCliff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
    I'm likely very delusional for thinking this, but I think Hansbrough is going to surprise alot of people this year. Albeit right now he'll be backing up Amir, I bet that changes halfway through the year. I'm a Heels fan and he isn't as terrible on the offensive side as some say. Given PT, he'll do well here in Toronto. Book it.
    But I'm assuming you don't think he'll turn into an All-Star. That's what I'm talking about.

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    But I'm assuming you don't think he'll turn into an All-Star. That's what I'm talking about.
    Oh, sorry. No, definitely not an all-star but I do see him performing much like Amir did last season. That's a nice problem to have in my opinion. My concern with this team is the mostly at the SG spot.

Raptors Republic Rookie Profster's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote drunkmunky wrote: View Post
    I think you should leave all that tanking stuff to the tanking thread.
    Isn't drunk monkey in the tank already

Post Thanks / Like

Bennett wants to play for the raptors how about we win a few games.

Post Thanks / Like

And what happens when we tank and miss out on the 25% chance of winning the lottery next year? It was all for naught.

Tanking is ridiculous. I wanna roundhouse all the Raptors fans in the throat who suggest it constantly.

So line up tank supporters. I'm limbering up right now.
    I love this guy. I'm the guy to the lift of him with the ten foot wingspan I throw tankers to the next lake.

8. Like p00ka liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Primer wrote: View Post
    Tank aficionados need to realize that tanking doesn't happen until after the trade deadline. We're going to go into the season trying to win and make the playoffs. If it looks like we're gonna fall short halfway through the season, we start to deal players and go into tank mode. It's not going to happen in the preseason, or it would have already. I think this team will disappoint all the tankers and actually be a pretty good team. Everyone discounts what a beast JV will be this year like he won't make any impact on this teams wins and losses. I think just JV's improved play gets us into the playoffs. Adding improved play from anyone else (or bench improvement from new signings) is just gravy to get us a better seed. I predict 6 seed and I think we're gonna be a nightmare for the 3 seed this year.
    It will still take an astute eye to make that call. We can easily have a .500+ record based on the number of equal and weaker teams. That won't be the case in a few years if we stay status quo.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptorsss wrote: View Post
    So, what does this mean for Buycks? He signed with us since we promised him the 2nd string position
    this confuses me as well

i hate dj augustine
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Superstar Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    this confuses me as well

i hate dj augustine
    Think the 3 shell game (the one you need to keep away from on certain street corners).

MU is effing with everyone's head.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote drunkmunky wrote: View Post

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--ra...222640892.html

Wow! I'm pumped about this. I've mentioned multiple times in here how he would be a good addition. He's small and speedy sort of like TJ. This was a good play by MJ because if DJ can turn it around then he could be a good long term backup PG if the extension then came.

I didn't realize he was still out there on the market.

Quote Raptorsss wrote: View Post
    So, what does this mean for Buycks? He signed with us since we promised him the 2nd string position, if he's now our 3rd string I bet he'd rather have signed with OKC.
    More like he signed with the Raptors because they promised to pay him and let him sit on the bench. He should be thankful he made the league. Nobody knew who he was or how to pronounce his name a week ago.

And what happens when we tank and miss out on the 25% chance of winning the lottery next year? It was all for naught.

Tanking is ridiculous. I wanna roundhouse all the Raptors fans in the throat who suggest it constantly.

So line up tank supporters. I'm limbering up right now.
    Everybody get out of the paint because the Doctor is about to operate ha, ha.

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    So line up mediocrity lovers. I'm not very limber but luckily I don't have to kick too high for most people.
    Are Matt's feet planted? I don't know if he's gonna draw the foul or not here yet.

While I agree with you to a certain extent
    Shot clock violation. Boooooooo. I thought this was going to get heated there for a second.

Post Thanks / Like

damn apollo, u cold
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

It's summer time. Somebody has to bring the chill.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

I hate that I agree with everything Apollo has said....

Post Thanks / Like

Raps got their backup PG
    Follow me on Twitter - @RRyan22

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, I fell asleep. Who did the raptors pick up? Django Augusyine?
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hassan wrote: View Post
    I think MU is making moves just incase he wants to tank mid season and he doesnt think this team can be tweaked to make it into a contender. If we tank agustin can start if not he can sit on the bench
    To tell you the truth I think Raps fans are reading too much into these signings. I feel Ujiri's sole purpose with all the moves he has made this off season is to be fiscally responsible and to get us no further over the cap than we need to be and below if possible. As I have mentioned in previous posts he is filling in the holes in this roster with bargain basement contracts.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    To tell you the truth I think Raps fans are reading too much into these signings. I feel Ujiri's sole purpose with all the moves he has made this off season is to be fiscally responsible and to get us no further over the cap than we need to be and below if possible. As I have mentioned in previous posts he is filling in the holes in this roster with bargain basement contracts.
    Pretty much. But, raptors fans prefer to hang by his balls..
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ya I really think this season isn't a part of Ujiri's plans. I feel like he's in a position where he has to wait to be in a better state financially before he can even consider his plan for building a contender. I think the next couple seasons will be a lot more of "Who's worth keeping" instead of being part of his master plan.

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    Pretty much. But, raptors fans prefer to hang by his balls..
    Whether that is deserved or not we won't know until he actually makes a move to shape our roster. So far he has maintained a holding pattern.

Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I also think this is why he wants no long term deals. He'll sign(or trade for) young prospects, see if there is anyone who fits longterm and then when Rudy comes off the books, try to build a contender through the assets he's picked up, that he's decided are worth keeping and through FA.

Thread Information