No announcement yet.

DJ Augustin signs 1-year Deal with Raptors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tank aficionados need to realize that tanking doesn't happen until after the trade deadline. We're going to go into the season trying to win and make the playoffs. If it looks like we're gonna fall short halfway through the season, we start to deal players and go into tank mode. It's not going to happen in the preseason, or it would have already. I think this team will disappoint all the tankers and actually be a pretty good team. Everyone discounts what a beast JV will be this year like he won't make any impact on this teams wins and losses. I think just JV's improved play gets us into the playoffs. Adding improved play from anyone else (or bench improvement from new signings) is just gravy to get us a better seed. I predict 6 seed and I think we're gonna be a nightmare for the 3 seed this year.

Comment

Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
      I'm likely very delusional for thinking this, but I think Hansbrough is going to surprise alot of people this year. Albeit right now he'll be backing up Amir, I bet that changes halfway through the year. I'm a Heels fan and he isn't as terrible on the offensive side as some say. Given PT, he'll do well here in Toronto. Book it.
      But I'm assuming you don't think he'll turn into an All-Star. That's what I'm talking about.
      "Stop eating your sushi."
      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
        But I'm assuming you don't think he'll turn into an All-Star. That's what I'm talking about.
        Oh, sorry. No, definitely not an all-star but I do see him performing much like Amir did last season. That's a nice problem to have in my opinion. My concern with this team is the mostly at the SG spot.

Comment

drunkmunky wrote: View Post
          I think you should leave all that tanking stuff to the tanking thread.
          Isn't drunk monkey in the tank already

Comment

Bennett wants to play for the raptors how about we win a few games.

Comment

And what happens when we tank and miss out on the 25% chance of winning the lottery next year? It was all for naught.

Tanking is ridiculous. I wanna roundhouse all the Raptors fans in the throat who suggest it constantly.

So line up tank supporters. I'm limbering up right now.
              I love this guy. I'm the guy to the lift of him with the ten foot wingspan I throw tankers to the next lake.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                Tank aficionados need to realize that tanking doesn't happen until after the trade deadline. We're going to go into the season trying to win and make the playoffs. If it looks like we're gonna fall short halfway through the season, we start to deal players and go into tank mode. It's not going to happen in the preseason, or it would have already. I think this team will disappoint all the tankers and actually be a pretty good team. Everyone discounts what a beast JV will be this year like he won't make any impact on this teams wins and losses. I think just JV's improved play gets us into the playoffs. Adding improved play from anyone else (or bench improvement from new signings) is just gravy to get us a better seed. I predict 6 seed and I think we're gonna be a nightmare for the 3 seed this year.
                It will still take an astute eye to make that call. We can easily have a .500+ record based on the number of equal and weaker teams. That won't be the case in a few years if we stay status quo.

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
                  So, what does this mean for Buycks? He signed with us since we promised him the 2nd string position
                  this confuses me as well

i hate dj augustine
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                    this confuses me as well

i hate dj augustine
                    Think the 3 shell game (the one you need to keep away from on certain street corners).

MU is effing with everyone's head.

Comment

drunkmunky wrote: View Post

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--ra...222640892.html

Wow! I'm pumped about this. I've mentioned multiple times in here how he would be a good addition. He's small and speedy sort of like TJ. This was a good play by MJ because if DJ can turn it around then he could be a good long term backup PG if the extension then came.

I didn't realize he was still out there on the market.

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
                      So, what does this mean for Buycks? He signed with us since we promised him the 2nd string position, if he's now our 3rd string I bet he'd rather have signed with OKC.
                      More like he signed with the Raptors because they promised to pay him and let him sit on the bench. He should be thankful he made the league. Nobody knew who he was or how to pronounce his name a week ago.

And what happens when we tank and miss out on the 25% chance of winning the lottery next year? It was all for naught.

Tanking is ridiculous. I wanna roundhouse all the Raptors fans in the throat who suggest it constantly.

So line up tank supporters. I'm limbering up right now.
                      Everybody get out of the paint because the Doctor is about to operate ha, ha.

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      So line up mediocrity lovers. I'm not very limber but luckily I don't have to kick too high for most people.
                      Are Matt's feet planted? I don't know if he's gonna draw the foul or not here yet.

While I agree with you to a certain extent
                      Shot clock violation. Boooooooo. I thought this was going to get heated there for a second.

Comment

damn apollo, u cold
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

It's summer time. Somebody has to bring the chill.

Comment

I hate that I agree with everything Apollo has said....

Comment

Raps got their backup PG
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Sorry, I fell asleep. Who did the raptors pick up? Django Augusyine?
                                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
                                X