DJ Augustin signs 1-year Deal with Raptors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hassan wrote: View Post
    I think MU is making moves just incase he wants to tank mid season and he doesnt think this team can be tweaked to make it into a contender. If we tank agustin can start if not he can sit on the bench
    To tell you the truth I think Raps fans are reading too much into these signings. I feel Ujiri's sole purpose with all the moves he has made this off season is to be fiscally responsible and to get us no further over the cap than we need to be and below if possible. As I have mentioned in previous posts he is filling in the holes in this roster with bargain basement contracts.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
      To tell you the truth I think Raps fans are reading too much into these signings. I feel Ujiri's sole purpose with all the moves he has made this off season is to be fiscally responsible and to get us no further over the cap than we need to be and below if possible. As I have mentioned in previous posts he is filling in the holes in this roster with bargain basement contracts.
      Pretty much. But, raptors fans prefer to hang by his balls..
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Ya I really think this season isn't a part of Ujiri's plans. I feel like he's in a position where he has to wait to be in a better state financially before he can even consider his plan for building a contender. I think the next couple seasons will be a lot more of "Who's worth keeping" instead of being part of his master plan.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
          Pretty much. But, raptors fans prefer to hang by his balls..
          Whether that is deserved or not we won't know until he actually makes a move to shape our roster. So far he has maintained a holding pattern.

Comment

I also think this is why he wants no long term deals. He'll sign(or trade for) young prospects, see if there is anyone who fits longterm and then when Rudy comes off the books, try to build a contender through the assets he's picked up, that he's decided are worth keeping and through FA.

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
              Unfortunately, yes. This move may mean Ujiri had lost hope in signing him.
              Unfortunately? for who?? His fat ass?
              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                Unfortunately? for who?? His fat ass?
                Ya, I'll admit I was a little interested in seeing Stone play, but does anybody REALLY care? At the end of the day he was never gonna be special.

Comment

[QUOTEI think Hansbrough is going to surprise a lot of people this year.[/QUOTE]

I agree. He and Valenciunas would be a great combo. Unfortunately, D. J. Augustin could not make an entry pass to save his life, cannot see over taller defenders, does not have the strength to fight through screens, and does not know how to make a left-handed layup. He is fair to middling on the fast break. I had hoped Hansbrough was well rid of this guy.

Comment

Meh, nothing impressive but can fill the backup role for Ujiri's assessment year, and fits the budget. Other than trying to get something for Q-Rich, these are your Toronto Raptors going into training camp.

Comment

Guys, I gotta admit that I really, really like the way things are going right now. Not kidding, our team looks pretty good!!!

Comment

caccia wrote: View Post
                        Unfortunately, D. J. Augustin could not make an entry pass to save his life, cannot see over taller defenders, does not have the strength to fight through screens, and does not know how to make a left-handed layup. He is fair to middling on the fast break. I had hoped Hansbrough was well rid of this guy.
                        Sooo, over all, you think the Augustin signing was a good one? Lol

Interesting insights into Augustins game. Could it perhaps benefit his game, knowing that Indiana plays more of a half court offense, where as the Raptors are hoping to be a bit more 'athletic' in their approach?
                        Casey really isn't a good enough coach to draw up half court plays, so they'll have to rely a lot on their athleticism and get moving on the fast break. I think DJ could flourish in a system like this.

Comment

The only way I would support a season of tanking is if Gay were to get injured and this team slid. Just like how David Robinson got injured the year Duncan was drafted. They became into contenders, the year after. Although I think it is despicable to wish an injury on players, it would be a fast track into being relevant. I don't like the fire sale mentality. I think we have some good pieces.

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
                            The only way I would support a season of tanking is if Gay were to get injured and this team slid. Just like how David Robinson got injured the year Duncan was drafted. They became into contenders, the year after. Although I think it is despicable to wish an injury on players, it would be a fast track into being relevant. I don't like the fire sale mentality. I think we have some good pieces.
                            I completely agree with this this.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
                              This team work still win 30 games without Rudy
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I like the signing lowery is not a real point guard. DJ may not start but could see a lot of floor time.

But where is that 6'5 point guard I always wanted

Comment

Working...
                                X