No announcement yet.

Raptors Roster Roundup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't they sign Julyan Stone to play some PG? Where does he fit in now?

Comment

$1.2 million (for Augustin)

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
        dude. c'mon.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Apparently Stone had some physical issues and so the team didn't end up extending him a contract. So he doesn't fit in anywhere right now. Probably ends up in the D-League.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
            $1.2 million (for Augustin)
            peanuts by most standards i guess but not as a 3rd string pg.

@sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
              dude. c'mon.
              Been outta the loop for a bit!

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
                I think Lowry is easily the most movable asset we have: a talented point guard in a contract year with a reasonably sized expiring contract. There's incentive to move him because there's no guarantee we keep him; he's going to want $10-12M for a few years, and can probably get it from some other team. It can go either way, to be sure, but I think it's more likely than not he gets moved.
                I think if you look at what Teague signed for in Atlanta, and that Jennigs is not getting ofered anything in the 10 mil range, Lowry will not be getting that much when (if) he hits the open market.

Now you could look at Caldeon getting 7 mil for 4 year in Dallas and say Lowry is worth more than that, but I think Dallas over paid for sure on that deal.
                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                  does anyone else think there's a deal in place or something for Lowry? i just find the augustine signing way too weird. when they signed Buycks the raps got him because they were the only team that promised him the backup job, everyone else was offering him third string duties. say what you want about augustine, but he's too good to be playing third string. i find the whole thing really bizarre.
                  Yes I found the Augutin move a bit peculiar myself. My conspiracy theory is that Ujiri is going to wait until December, hoping Lowry is playing like a boss, and see what he can get for him. Buycks becomes our starting point guard.

magoon wrote: View Post
                  I think Lowry is easily the most movable asset we have: a talented point guard in a contract year with a reasonably sized expiring contract. There's incentive to move him because there's no guarantee we keep him; he's going to want $10-12M for a few years, and can probably get it from some other team. It can go either way, to be sure, but I think it's more likely than not he gets moved.
                  I agree with ^ which is also why I think a there's a good chance Lowry gets moved. If lowry doesn't play awesome, then you resign him at a reasonable rate. If he does play awesome trade him at let someone else give him his big pay day.
                  "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

He was out of shape, didnt pass his physical

Comment

Patrick Minton thinks Toronto wont be so bad!

Toronto!? But They Lost a Star!

Bargnani was no star player. He was terrible. Simply removing him from that rost makes Toronto better. Yes, Andrea Bargnani was that bad. Replacing him with an average player will make a big difference. JV is going to improve, and Tyler Hansborough will contribute. A lot depends on Lowry's health, of course. And they'd be better if Rudy Gay and DeMar DeRozan weren't getting heavy minutes. Maybe Masai will find a way to trade them. But they can flirt with the playoffs. In the East, this doesn't equate to being "good", but it does mean 40 wins is a real possibility.
                      http://www.thenbageek.com/articles/2014-surprise

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
                        I think if you look at what Teague signed for in Atlanta, and that Jennigs is not getting ofered anything in the 10 mil range, Lowry will not be getting that much when (if) he hits the open market.

Now you could look at Caldeon getting 7 mil for 4 year in Dallas and say Lowry is worth more than that, but I think Dallas over paid for sure on that deal.
                        I agree that Lowry will more likely be in the $8M per year range when he gets a new contract. The only thing that makes me think he might get more is that he will be unrestricted, so teams will actually be bidding against each other to get him. Teague and Jennings were both restricted so basically no one made an offer to either, until the Bucks finally offered Teague which was of course matched. Basically there is almost no incentive to offer the restricted guys contracts because it's so likely it will be matched. I'd also like to point out that Lowry is by far the best unrestricted free agent PG next year (next best is Jameer Nelson), so you can imagine every team with a need at PG will make him an offer.

Comment

connected wrote: View Post
                          C Valanciunas/Gray

I think JV should be our number one option and we should play inside out.
                          I think Casey read this post

“He’s going to get his big portion of the offence run through him, around him, not only just to score out of the low post, but to quarterback.”

Comment

So is Julyan Stone still coming in? his name is still being tossed around by analysts and such... little confused. Maybe its just a training camp invite?

Comment

I really don't know what Lowry has done to get 10M per. Not even 8M as far as I'm concerned. What he gets will depend entirely on his performance this year I think.

Comment

It depends on what he can do this year. If this team is a 4th or 5th seed, and if he proves that he is the effective floor general to be able to utilize JV, DD & RG, then he'll get the money he wants.

If this wasn't the last season of his contract, I do not believe he would have been working so hard this off season.

Comment

Working...
                                X