Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: Let the Jose bashing resume

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Starter Raptor Jesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    425
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Let the Jose bashing resume

    I'll start us off. Tearing down today's devastating loss is an adventure in pain. Trying to pin point how we come out of a break and let a team on a back to back start 13-0, or how we continually waste Bosh's extra effort games is like taste testing different blends of rat poison. And would probably be cathartic but, I postulate, that Jose is the problem and trading him away will do tons to alleviate this teams nature of playing down to opponents.

    The 'Look Off' Phenomenon;
    some of us have been pointing out, is alot like Ball Lightning. Everyone whose seen it, knows exactly what it looks. Everyone else is looking but it hasn't struck them.

    The 'Barely Crosses the Back court line' Phenomenon;
    At the end of the 1st quarter it took him from the :19 mark to the :11 to hit centre, which, ties into:

    The 'Slowest moving half court sets in the History of Basketball played in wet cement' Phenomenon;
    The millisecond after the Ref realizes he's at a 7 count to move 47 feet
    Jose has talked to Triano, consulted English, caught up with his grandmother and figured out he's going to run the same high screen, look off the wing, and dump a post feed to Bosh. Which would be great except it's taken nearly 2/3rds of the shot clock and nobody's in any position to rebound, the defense hasn't moved a muscles since it got set and prepared for that post dump and is resting comfortably in the passing lanes.

    The 'Jose is a liability on defense' Phenomenom; He just is, seriously in everyway you can be costly, or redundant, or unwanted Jose shows new and exciting ways to achieve negative defense rating. He was switched into a minus 6 in OT alone. Rudy Gay must have thought we were retarded.

    Jose runs the offense like a bingo parlor. Calling plays like each rounds (half court sequence) play marked ball is blank and instead means High screen; if bosh is open: pass, if not: shoot. This offense cost Mitchell his job, why would we want it around when Jarrett is having an off night?

    Trade him, buy him out, send him to the farm, turn him to glue. Just keep him, the hell, away from the ACC.

    Raptor Jesus

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Rookie Deanialist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    50
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'm sayin!!!

    Jose for Ellis?

    Jose for Sessions & fillers?(Minni needs Jose to bring the other spanish PG to America)

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    557
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Ya, but look at Jack's game today. He was worse. Calderon ran the offence fine today. It was the Jack+Turk combo that couldn't get anything going at the beginning of the game.

    Calderon got exposed on defence - I would have liked to see some offence/defence subs which never came. Offensively, he played fine though.

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Smoke City
    Posts
    3,460
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Deanialist wrote: View Post
    I'm sayin!!!

    Jose for Ellis?

    Jose for Sessions & fillers?(Minni needs Jose to bring the other spanish PG to America)
    I just... jizzed in my pants a lil bit... when you mentioned Jose for Ellis. If BC could put a package with Jose and maybe DeRozan he might become Raptor God.
    Keep Calm & Chive On

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic Rookie detour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    44
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Gotta blame this one on Triano, not Jose.

    He knows that Jose and Turk can't play together and Turk barely ever got the BALL in OT. Bargs kept shooting when he was having an off day. I'd rather live and die with Turk's clutch play than finely run offense. Calderon can play with Bosh and he can play with the second unit - he can't play with Bargs, Turk, and Jack. No offense to him, he's a decent enough offensive player, but Triano should have known that Turk was the key and Jack would have been willing to let Turk take over. Even on an off day, Jack can turn the intensity up and take over as he's shown us many times. It was just poor of Triano to not go offense/defense AND to run a lineup that stagnates the ball so much. Bosh tried to be the man, Bargs tried to be the man, Calderon had the ball, Turk could have been the man.

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic Starter Raptor Jesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    425
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Deanialist wrote: View Post
    I'm sayin!!!

    Jose for Ellis?

    Jose for Sessions & fillers?(Minni needs Jose to bring the other spanish PG to America)
    At this point if BC can get a sack of used hammers, I say pull the trigger.

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Argh!!!

    Man...I was at the game tonight, let me tell you how pissed I am. As if it wasn't bad enough we lost, I had to listen to 2 damn grizzly fans all night.

    Under the bus TURKOGLU and TRIANO...I would say Calderon because of defence, but I blame Triano for leaving him in for so long. TURK couldn't make 1 shot? 10mil a year for that? screw him.

    How many times was Calderon guarding Rudy Gay because of a pick/screen? They are purposely putting their best player on our worst defender repeatedly. DO SOMETHING,SOMEBODY!!!!!!!!

    The only good thing about tonight's loss, is maybe Colangelo gets a fire under his ass, and realizes he might need to make a trade after all.

    Thanks and goodnight

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Smoke City
    Posts
    3,460
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote detour wrote: View Post
    Gotta blame this one on Triano, not Jose.

    He knows that Jose and Turk can't play together and Turk barely ever got the BALL in OT. Bargs kept shooting when he was having an off day. I'd rather live and die with Turk's clutch play than finely run offense. Calderon can play with Bosh and he can play with the second unit - he can't play with Bargs, Turk, and Jack. No offense to him, he's a decent enough offensive player, but Triano should have known that Turk was the key and Jack would have been willing to let Turk take over. Even on an off day, Jack can turn the intensity up and take over as he's shown us many times. It was just poor of Triano to not go offense/defense AND to run a lineup that stagnates the ball so much. Bosh tried to be the man, Bargs tried to be the man, Calderon had the ball, Turk could have been the man.
    I think The Mask might have had money one the Grizz, that's the only logical explanation for his play tonight. Bargnani blew it with that shot with under 10seconds in the fourth, and then going back the other way one defense didn't make much of an effort for the block. The Mask/Triano can share the blame for this one though, and Bargs to a lesser extent.
    Keep Calm & Chive On

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic Starter Raptor Jesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    425
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote loveandhateraptors wrote: View Post
    Man...I was at the game tonight, let me tell you how pissed I am. As if it wasn't bad enough we lost, I had to listen to 2 damn grizzly fans all night.

    Under the bus TURKOGLU and TRIANO...I would say Calderon because of defence, but I blame Triano for leaving him in for so long. TURK couldn't make 1 shot? 10mil a year for that? screw him.

    How many times was Calderon guarding Rudy Gay because of a pick/screen? They are purposely putting their best player on our worst defender repeatedly. DO SOMETHING,SOMEBODY!!!!!!!!

    The only good thing about tonight's loss, is maybe Colangelo gets a fire under his ass, and realizes he might need to make a trade after all.

    Thanks and goodnight
    BC making a deal, would make losing that one almost, almost liveable

  10. #10
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,367
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I think what you see is it for this season. They need to make the most of this because no trade is coming tomorrow...

  11. #11
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    320
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Turkoglu couldn't stop messing with his mask. It was like he was a ten year old who was wearing a new suit. He couldn't focus and had his worst game of the year...and that's saying something.

  12. #12
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    149
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I can't believe the hate on Jose.
    Thank god for Triano for sitting Jack on the bench tonight. He plain sucked. His defence is better than Jose's, but when your not producing anything on offense, just take a seat. His defence was nowhere tonight so I don't know how you guys keep praising him so much.
    Jose > Jarret
    COME ON NOW!

  13. #13
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Calderon was the only reason the Raptors were able to come back from being behind by double digits in the first quarter AGAIN, he was the second best Raptor on the floor tonight, and your blaming him because he can't stop a guy six inches taller from taking a jumpshot?

    Wow, I thought the title of this thread was sarcastic. You people see only what you want to see, don't you?

  14. #14
    Raptors Republic Starter Raptor Jesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    425
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Positive it isn't what 'I want' to see. We came out flat and the B squad brought us back, by out hustling their B squad.

    Jose is proving to be impossible to hide in our already Swiss cheese defense. His exploit-ability has underage Sweat Shops Workers concerned for his safety.

    If that was all, it wouldn't be time to blow up the key pieces just to get rid of him, but its how he can effortless gum up one of the top offenses in the league that makes it impossible to see him getting more than breather and foul trouble minutes as we get closer to and into the playoffs.

  15. #15
    Raptors Republic Starter James Ballswin (Realizar)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    853
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Which Raptor PG brought the team back to a tie right before halftime after being down 16 points last night?

    JOSE CALDERON!

    [/thread]

  16. #16
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    289
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The original poster is completely out to lunch. Jose was one of the main reasons this game wasn't an easy Grizzlies win. The difference in the offense between when he is on the floor vs. when he's off is night and day. His passing is so precise, he pushes the ball so well...

    Honestly, get a clue.

  17. #17
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
    Positive it isn't what 'I want' to see. We came out flat and the B squad brought us back, by out hustling their B squad.

    Jose is proving to be impossible to hide in our already Swiss cheese defense. His exploit-ability has underage Sweat Shops Workers concerned for his safety.

    If that was all, it wouldn't be time to blow up the key pieces just to get rid of him, but its how he can effortless gum up one of the top offenses in the league that makes it impossible to see him getting more than breather and foul trouble minutes as we get closer to and into the playoffs.
    Yes, the B squad brought the team back....because of Jose. If you deny that, it says just how much you are ignoring his contributions.

    I'm not big on +/-, but his +18 was the second highest on the Raptors for a reason.

    And maybe you could name another PG in the league that could have guarded Rudy Gay....

  18. #18
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,367
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote James Ballswin (Realizar) wrote: View Post
    Which Raptor PG brought the team back to a tie right before halftime after being down 16 points last night?

    JOSE CALDERON!

    [/thread]
    You're absolutely right James and this should be enough in itself to make people step off. If Jose wasn't getting it done near the end then its Jay job to get him out of there or snap him out of it. They got a lot out of Jose until crunch time and maybe then it was time to give him a break instead of fulfilling some sense of entitlement due to his play prior to then.

  19. #19
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    574
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Yea, you guys have to see it from other teams perspectives. The new CBA is going to happen next year and all contracts are going to be watered down.

    Jose and Turk have two of the worst contracts in the NBA and Turk's five year deal may as well be forever. No team is going to take on thier contracts unless we throw them some actual talent. This whole concept of trading Jose for a Butler, JHoward or Ellis is just ridiculous. The only player we could maybe get for a Jose/Turk is agent 0 and thats because he has the worst contract.

    No one wants Jose and I can't imagine anyone wanting Turk. They each make ten million to run the offense and neither of them are that good at it.

    I actually thought Jose played okay d on Gay, but he hit his shots so that is all that matters.

  20. #20
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,367
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Jose has proven in the past he can be a very good starting PG. If he were on a strong defensive team his deficiencies on defense could be hidden. Toronto has no one who can carry the extra weight as 80% of the team could use help most nights. I think if they wanted to move Jose Calderon they could find a deal in the summer. Someone is going to need a starting level PG and his contract isn't that bad at $8.5M/yr. These GMs have known for a couple years now that this owners push back was coming. The recession has been on going for longer than that and they all are aware of their own revenue decreases and their expenses. Colangelo gave him $8.5M/yr because if he didn't someone else would have. Back then it was rumored that more than ten teams were interested. Earlier in this season there was even a rumor that the Spurs had called inquiring if he was available. Jose can be moved and I think he will... Turkoglu on the other hand is here for a long time. Colangelo needed to do something to change course as he was down to one year to convince Bosh to stay. I think Colangelo was hoping for another Steve Nash kind of signing where the player comes in and excels on a higher level in a new system and has the sort of longevity that justifies the contract. Well, it hasn't happened yet but $10M/yr isn't that bad and when the new CBA takes affect the guy will only have three years left on the deal. His contract isn't the end of the world, its just ammo for us and the media to kick Colangelo if this team fails to do anything over the next four and a half years. I know I'm keeping my Rant Cannon loaded just in case...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •