Dwight Buycks is no joke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dwight Buycks is no joke

if anyone watched the summer league game between the Suns and the Raps, I am sold on Dwight Buycks. He is lightening quick and is reminiscent of TJ Ford. He tore it up against the suns today. Stays with his man on D and that speed is just ridiculous. Yeah yeah, it's summer league, but c'mon, someone share my excitement at a guy who can be a legit backup for Kyle Lowry. I think he has waaay more potential than DJ Augustin.

PS: Quincy Acy is the man. I always knew he was going to be one of the favourites the moment he played for the raps. He hussles every single play and gets super emotional, which is what I think this team needs. He got hyped up and thug life in the game today like 7 times. I thought him and those Morris twins were going to throw down today. That's wsuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup.
    Protocall
    https://www.youtube.com/user/PTC204
    http://www.ptc204.com

Uploaded a new track: Please like or comment on it if you dig it! Thanks
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAT4s_LO-rc

The best day of 2013 was the day I found out Andrea Bargnani got traded.

He will get 10 minutes a month of playing time. Might be dropped by December.

You don't have to believe me. But, Joey Graham was the king of summer league..
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Protocall wrote: View Post
      if anyone watched the summer league game between the Suns and the Raps, I am sold on Dwight Buycks. He is lightening quick and is reminiscent of TJ Ford. He tore it up against the suns today. Stays with his man on D and that speed is just ridiculous. Yeah yeah, it's summer league, but c'mon, someone share my excitement at a guy who can be a legit backup for Kyle Lowry. I think he has waaay more potential than DJ Augustin.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
        That was a very weird meme..
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

I like Buycks a lot too. Sure, it's summer league, but it's rare to see a player in complete control at ALL times during summer league. He handled the offense like a artist and I can't think of a single guard that could stay in front of him. Can't wait to see what he can do in the pros.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
            He will get 10 minutes a month of playing time. Might be dropped by December.

You don't have to believe me. But, Joey Graham was the king of summer league..
            2 out of every 5 games Joey G actually did something that made you think he could be really good. I hope this kid isn't a tease like that; either he brings it or he's dumped quickly.

Comment

Buycks was impressive alright but right now he's the Raps 3rd string PG. We'll see what he's made of come training camp when he compete against NBA players.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                I like Buycks a lot too. Sure, it's summer league, but it's rare to see a player in complete control at ALL times during summer league. He handled the offense like a artist and I can't think of a single guard that could stay in front of him. Can't wait to see what he can do in the pros.
                I wouldn't say he was 100% in control of the offense since there were multiple times where he make a pass that lead to a turnover, but I agree. He definitely impressed in Summer League and has intrigued me as to how he will pan out in the NBA...

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                  Buycks was impressive alright but right now he's the Raps 3rd string PG. We'll see what he's made of come training camp when he compete against NBA players.
                  Agreed. For now, he's still a 3rd string point guard. As much as I don't like Augustin, I still feel more comfortable having him as our backup point guard FOR NOW since he has actual NBA experience over Buycks. At the same time, I wouldn't be surprised if Buycks eventually takes over Augustin's minutes some time in the middle of the season...

Comment

Is it just me, or is Ujiri planning on trading Lowry, and having Buycks be the starter with Augustin coming off the bench. A la the spurs when parker was injured and Joseph got the start.

Buycks for MVP!!!

I'm mostly joking, but if there's a deal to be had for lowry, I would totally start buycks over Augustin.

That probably means we're choosing development of young players over win now, so why not start the young guy and see what he's got verus the older guy who is probably very close to his ceiling.
                    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

I`m impressed by Buycks too. Some players have graduated from lesser leagues and made it in the NBA and I hope Buycks does it too,

As of now he`s the back up PG if I understand correctly. Apparently it was on that condition that he signed. So it`s his job to lose.

Raps. it seems, lucked out with Augustin. They got a back up PG who to play 3rd string.
                      Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                        Is it just me, or is Ujiri planning on trading Lowry, and having Buycks be the starter with Augustin coming off the bench.
                        I don`t think Ujiri is planning to trade Lowry although he`ll be open to it if a good offer comes along. Even if he (Lowry) is traded, there`s no way IMO they`ll go into the the season with Buycks as the starting PG. At least not yet. Too risky.
                        Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Why are we in love with this guy so fast and right away? Let's all calm down.
                          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Buycks has talent, and none of that talent has anything to do with Defense.

I'm not even going to compare him with other point guards, DWAYNE CASEY is going to DESTROY him in training camp.

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                              Why are we in love with this guy so fast and right away? Let's all calm down.
                              It's what we do on RR.

Liked what I saw of the games he was in. Seemed in control of himself, which isn't always true of players in SL.

He won't be cutting through the defense so easily during regular season play, but he will be mostly used against bench players. I think, at worst, he will look average against other teams second units. That will be a step up from last years Raps bench. So he seems to be a nice find for Ujiri.

Comment

Working...
                              X