Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Brandon Jennings: Whats going on??

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    112
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Brandon Jennings: Whats going on??

    I need some help understanding the situation. The Bucks signed Teague and clearly have moved on from the Jennings-Ellis era. He was a restricted FA and he didn't sign any offer sheets because Milwaukee said they would match anything. Atlanta said no to a Jennings for Teague s&t, I have no clue why?!?! So what happens now? I dont know what happens after RFA. Since its past July 10 is he now with the Bucks on contract for one more year? Is he now a UFA?

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,257
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I think his qualifying offer is his contract
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,438
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Well, he still has to sign his qualifying offer. He has no job right now...And I can't see any team making a strong push for him. He's a pretty mediocre player. Streaky shooter with bad D, no leadership qualities, and doesn't do a good job getting his teammates involved. One of my least favourite players on the planet.

  4. Like Miekenstien liked this post
  5. #4
    Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Posts
    1,918
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Well, he still has to sign his qualifying offer. He has no job right now...And I can't see any team making a strong push for him. He's a pretty mediocre player. Streaky shooter with bad D, no leadership qualities, and doesn't do a good job getting his teammates involved. One of my least favourite players on the planet.
    You clearly haven't seen me play.

  6. #5
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,438
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    You clearly haven't seen me play.
    I should've said in the NBA. But if you feel like shooting (loosely) at a basket, come down to Rotterdam.

  7. #6
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill, ON
    Posts
    2,719
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Chris Vivlamore: Hawks will match the offer sheet to Jeff Teague. Back in Atlanta. #ATLHawks Twitter @ajchawks
    Read more at http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#1JqjApRQzRb0OzGs.99
    Teague is staying in Atlanta! They matched the offer sheet.

  8. #7
    Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Posts
    1,918
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    I should've said in the NBA. But if you feel like shooting (loosely) at a basket, come down to Rotterdam.
    I always shoot loosely. Btw, I've always denied that this is me:


  9. #8
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,257
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    I always shoot loosely. Btw, I've always denied that this is me:

    Trying to pad his stats..or is he just that dumb?
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  10. #9
    Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Kigali, Rwanda
    Posts
    1,576
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Does it count as a rebound if you're shooting at your own basket?
    "We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

  11. #10
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill, ON
    Posts
    2,719
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Well, he still has to sign his qualifying offer. He has no job right now...And I can't see any team making a strong push for him. He's a pretty mediocre player. Streaky shooter with bad D, no leadership qualities, and doesn't do a good job getting his teammates involved. One of my least favourite players on the planet.
    That's being pretty harsh don't you think? If there's a market for Bargnani (which none of us thought there was), there's definitely a market for him. He's not a great shooter, doesn't play great defense, and is still pretty immature, but he has improved his passing. He's arguably a top 15 PG in the NBA. You can tell he doesn't want to play for the Bucks anymore. I say he takes the $4.5 qualifying offer and go where ever the hell he wants next next season.

  12. #11
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Etobicoke
    Posts
    966
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The new CBA is finally demonstrating some level of effectiveness. Monta Ellis got a paltry deal, and several free agents have signed on for only 2-3 years. In addition, over-hyped (at least initially) players like Jennings are not seeing as much market interest. Jennings will probably get a contract along the lines of Teague's, but he isn't willing to accept that yet so he'll probably take the qualifying offer.

  13. #12
    Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Oakville
    Posts
    3,501
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default



    Good breakdown of his game. His form does look somewhat nice though, it would be cool if he actually made it most of the time.
    Writer for RaptorsWatch.com

    Twitter - @thekid_it

  14. Like Soft Euro liked this post
  15. #13
    Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Posts
    1,918
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post


    Good breakdown of his game. His form does look somewhat nice though, it would be cool if he actually made it most of the time.
    Wow, he'd better threaten to sue them if they don't take that video down.

  16. #14
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,438
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    That's being pretty harsh don't you think? If there's a market for Bargnani (which none of us thought there was), there's definitely a market for him. He's not a great shooter, doesn't play great defense, and is still pretty immature, but he has improved his passing. He's arguably a top 15 PG in the NBA. You can tell he doesn't want to play for the Bucks anymore. I say he takes the $4.5 qualifying offer and go where ever the hell he wants next next season.
    I don't think it's harsh.

    Thre was a market for Bargnani because it was a trade. This means a team can shed assets they don't want. So a deal is more appealing.

    I mean, would there be a market for Bargnani if he was a RFA asking for 12 million, but who's worth 4 or 5 at best?

    Also, as much as we all like to hate on Bargnani around here, he is a rarer type of player in this league than Jennings because of size/position, making him a stretch 4. What unique skill set does Jennings have? None. He brings nothing special to the PG position, and doesn't excel in any area of skill.

  17. #15
    Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Oakville
    Posts
    3,501
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Brandon wrote: View Post
    Jennings is a replacement player. There's no evidence that he should be taking as many shots as he does, or that he does anything else particularly well.
    And we think DeMar's inefficient:

    DeRozan - 18 PPG on 15 FGA
    Jennings - 17 PPG on 15.6 FGA

    I know we lack 3pt shooting, but Jennings is not the way to go in terms of improving this.
    Writer for RaptorsWatch.com

    Twitter - @thekid_it

  18. #16
    Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Posts
    1,918
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    And we think DeMar's inefficient:

    DeRozan - 18 PPG on 15 FGA
    Jennings - 17 PPG on 15.6 FGA

    I know we lack 3pt shooting, but Jennings is not the way to go in terms of improving this.
    Looking at it like that skews the numbers a bit because DeRozan goes much more often to the line (a good thing in itself) and thus needs more possessions to get to his points.

    If you look at their effective fieldgoal percentage DeRozan does a little worse than Jennings (accoring to hoopdata) but, it doesn't matter a lot considering they are both in the bottom 5 of the league (looking at at least 40 games and 30 minutes).

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •