Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Allen Iverson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    Hey, hey! Wins Produced said he was only the ninth best player on the Sixers that year! They would have easily won it all if it weren't for him.
    This is why you can't always use advanced stats lol Sixers would have not even made the playoffs without Iverson that year, they honestly had nobody besides him

Post Thanks / Like

#7, holy fucking hustle!

Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Allen Iverson in a lot of ways was the anti-carter.

I can't remember what game it was (I think 5 or 6?) There was about four plays in near succession.

1) Carter goes to the hoop, gets fouled, no call, complains to the ref about the call

2) Iverson goes the other way coast to coast for a lay in.

3) Iverson goes to the hoop, gets fouled, no call. Instead of complaining about the call, be busts his ass back of defense and makes a steal

4) Goes the other way for a lay in.

I may not be remembering it exactly correctly, but that was the just of it. That sequence was the moment when I realized Carter wasn't going to be the basketball savior I thought he was.

After the series I apologized to the guy I had been arguing with all year about who was the better player.

Iverson is responsible for me to get past my carter delusions. He left it all on the floor.
    "We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

4. Like lilmamba_ liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information