Last chance to ship of HEDO?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last chance to ship of HEDO?!?

Less than 24 hours before the trade deadline and this is the last chance the Raptors will get anything half decent for Hedo. This under the fairly safe assumption that is play will not improve.

The longer we wait, the less people remember how good Hedo can be on the right team.

We just paid him $121,000 for tonight's 1 point, 1 assist, 2 rebound performance.

At this point I would trade Hedo for just about anything... just to get rid of his contract. But knowing that other teams are desperate to trade their bad contracts I would be calling the Warriors for a Hedo for Magette swap

agreed lol. but good luck.

let's face it he's here till we buy him out.

Comment

I like that idea, however there would probably have to be more players involved.

Comment

On a side note, Hedo played 29 minutes tonight and that works out to a lil over $4000 a minute.

Comment

I know your probably right, but it is a hard lump to swallow. Only if we could go back 7 months - having Marian in the line-up sure would be nice - rebounds and defence - and happy to be thrid or fourth option on offense - damn

Comment

He'll be back, Ball'n. Sometimes I hate raptor fans, all you do is freak out. How about we keep these guys together for awhile, since it's our best team since...seems like forever. This isn't a video gane or fantasy leauge, these are actual athletes, you are fans, but so much of what you read here is how each of them sucks, at the same time it would be easy to trade them, for a player by the way, you would immediately hate...i'm pretty sure cory maggete hates being cory maggete.

Comment

I'm not saying Hedo sucks, but we're now 53 games into the season? I'm really not sure anymore if he's not a good fit for this team or if this team is not a good fit for him, maybe its both. The fact is if we want to keep Bosh around at seasons end, Hedo doesn't have anymore time to gel

Comment

That's not a fact. There will be factors, known to Chris Bosh alone, and wouldn't you say how the team finishes is more important than the details of one loss? Turk is a guy that won't shy away from playoff basketball; my guess is he's a factor in Bosh staying. And that he will.But that, is also not a fact.

Comment

Assuming the raps make the playoffs and win a few games Bosh is likely going to stay. The 53 game Hedo experiment has proven he does not fit with the other long term contracts the Raptors have in place - Bargnani, Calderon, and hopefully Bosh. The team would be better off with a player that can address the Raptors needs, rather than $10 million plus to duplicate strengths the team already posseses. The Raptors will continue to be a playoff team with Hedo, but will never challenge for a title until they get a team that is more balanced and can play better defence. Freeing up $10 million a year would certainly help. Trading Hedo sounds like the easy answer, because he is the weakest performer amongst the Raptors highest paid players. Other options would be to trade Bargnani or Calderon. Regardless of what option is selected a major move has to be made before the team can challenge in the playoffs. A that is what will keep Bosh here long term.

Comment

How about we send him back to Orlando for Gortat and Pietrus.

Comment

We as Raptors fans have given this guy 53 chances, enough is enough! Turkoglu has only had 1 good game all season, If any other player on the team other than Bosh, where to play the way that Hedo did last night, they would be on the bench after 5 or 6 min not allowed to play 29! Why is this guy who hasn't proven anything on this team all year, getting more respect then our premier all star franchise leader?????? For the first time since Sam Mitchell's dismissal I wish we was still coaching just so I can wach him burry Hedo so far down the bench that he would be playing crib with POB while the "Team" was playing "Ball". Everytime Hedo was on the court last night the Kings went on a 15-2 run, we spent the entire time he was on the bench trying to work our way back into the game, only to have him come back on the floor at a crucial time of the game and **** everything up. Colangelo gets GM of the year if he can find a way to dump this clown by 3pm this afternoon. And Jay better start recognising when ajustments need to be made or he will be watching next season from his livingroom with Sam.
                      Last edited by Aris; Thu Feb 18, 2010, 12:09 PM.

Comment

I agree that Hedo hasn't worked out as well as planned, but to all those begging for Marion (or anybody else) right now remember all the pieces we wouldn't have if we had resigned him.

Comment

At some point Triano has to man up and start treating Turk like Eddy Curry. A high priced pizza eating seat stuffer. The guy is bringing almost nothing to to the table and taking loads off of it. Bench him, make him earn his minutes and pray that he can turn it around by spring time.

I don't think we can win with Derozan, Weems and Wright as our wing players, but I don't see any other option.

I would love to pick up Tyrus Thomas, he is the bizzaro Hedo. Can't shoot, can't create but plays great d, loads of steals and blocks and can jump out of the gym.

Comment

People seem to think Hedo will just magically wake up in the playoffs and prove everyone wrong.

Orrrr... maybe he will give us 5 ppg and 3 tos. We don't know! But if Bosh looks at this team in the off season and sees that we tied up 10 million for 5 years in this clown instead of a guy like Joe Johnson, I think his chances of staying decrease (not gone, but they certainly go down).

Comment

OzRapFan wrote: View Post
                              How about we send him back to Orlando for Gortat and Pietrus.
                              I wish. I think Turkoglu will eventually gel with our team, but I like the above suggestion better.

Does that trade even make sense? (Financially, I mean?)

I'm not good with the numbers.

Scott.
                              Don't hate me because I'm an optimist.

Comment

Working...
                              X