No announcement yet.

Updated Rosters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The more I look at the roster the less I'm impressed. However Casey could always try to keep one of DD or Gay on the floor at all possible times, unless its a blow out win/loss. If Fields returns to form then they can rest the starters more but that may not happen. I still don't see Ross getting a lot of minutes. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw Ross in the D-League this year.

If JV gets into foul trouble, and they are playing a team without a true center then I could see Amir/Tyler on the court at the same time. Gray I don't think would keep up with 4's playing the 5 spot. It would have been nice if Camby just shut up and played for the Raptors, but I really do think they should grab someone else. I'm intrigued by Bernard James and hope they go after him.

If the Raptors get into the playoffs with this roster I will be surprised. I still think the Raptors will start off very slowly and MU will pull the trigger on a blow-up/tank job after about 20 games.

Comment

Fields needs to go. With him on the floor, 20% of the teams offensive capabilities are gone.

Y go into the season crippled with 5 on 4s

Comment

drunkmunky wrote: View Post
        Fields needs to go. With him on the floor, 20% of the teams offensive capabilities are gone.

Y go into the season crippled with 5 on 4s
        This is an exaggeration, but he certainly can't play a top 9 role if his shot is still broken.

The annoying thing is that Fields is head and shoulders above Gay, DeMar and Ross in terms of moving without the ball and filling empty spaces. It's all that damn shot....Just damn it.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          This is an exaggeration, but he certainly can't play a top 9 role if his shot is still broken.

The annoying thing is that Fields is head and shoulders above Gay, DeMar and Ross in terms of moving without the ball and filling empty spaces. It's all that damn shot....Just damn it.
          It really isn't. He was useless on offense last year.

Comment

Xixak wrote: View Post
            He's great moving off the ball and finding easy baskets for the team. Just like you need guys who can make tough shots, you need guys who get you what are basically freebies by catching the D sleeping.

*I mean, before his shot got all messed, he was a guy who could easily get you 1 or 2 open 3s, and 1 or 2 open layups a game, just from going to the right spot. Now, the shot is gone, and that's what screws his effectiveness.

Comment

It's been over 2 months since the season ended and there has been no mention of him working on his shot. Supposedly he was to work with one of the assistant GM's to regain his shot, but that hasn't happened because his wrist is still messed up. Of the 11 players that showed up @ Vegas for the Dinner w/ Casey & Ujiri, there is no media mention of him showing up. I mean even Aaron Gray was there for craps sake.

I think he has no love for this team, and he needs to go. With his contract, we could get a third string or Gray-equal string center, and 2 more wing's a la Ujiri's fair market share $$ value for bench warmers.

Comment

drunkmunky wrote: View Post
                It's been over 2 months since the season ended and there has been no mention of him working on his shot. Supposedly he was to work with one of the assistant GM's to regain his shot, but that hasn't happened because his wrist is still messed up. Of the 11 players that showed up @ Vegas for the Dinner w/ Casey & Ujiri, there is no media mention of him showing up. I mean even Aaron Gray was there for craps sake.

I think he has no love for this team, and he needs to go. With his contract, we could get a third string or Gray-equal string center, and 2 more wing's a la Ujiri's fair market share $$ value for bench warmers.
                But we have no means to effectively clear him from the roster. He needs to improve his shot, or Ujiri has to decide if it's better to use the stretch provision on him now or next year, which is probably the only alternative to trying to trade him. If he doesn't improve his shot, at his contract, he has awful trade value, if any.

Comment

drunkmunky wrote:
                  You have the Bargnani Complex. All things that he *could do* but hasn't for this team. I asked Jay Saturo a month ago weather or not Landry has been training and the only thing I got back is that his wrist is still messed as sh!t.
                  It's not at all the Bargnani complex. It's not trying to make something work when it can't. It's trying to find a way to make some value out of Fields. There can't possibly be a trade where you could trade him now and get anything other than a similarly bad player and contract. There's no point in making that deal. So, you hope his shot improves, so he can either be useful or traded...and then, if they want to hope for that and it doesn't happen, I guess that means waiting til next year to use the stretch provision on him.

Comment

I believe as a component of Ujiri's clean house initiative, Fields will get wrapped up with another bench player for future picks or other bench players mid-season.

Comment

I find it ironic how so many on this board consistently have hope for demar to improve on all his areas of his shot, yet fields gets no credit whatsoever to improve on those same areas. He is only one year older, and was drafted one year later. This guy brings intangibles to the court that are not measured by box score. He had noted injuries to his hand, and you kind of need that to shoot a basketball. There was so much changeover with the Raptors last year. Give the guy a chance to prove he can function on the bench. He can provide energy, defense, rebounding, and perhaps a three point shot.

Keep Ross to limited minutes where other teams still believe he has some potential and trade him at the deadline.

Comment

Hurricane_Herm wrote: View Post
                        I find it ironic how so many on this board consistently have hope for demar to improve on all his areas of his shot, yet fields gets no credit whatsoever to improve on those same areas. He is only one year older, and was drafted one year later. This guy brings intangibles to the court that are not measured by box score. He had noted injuries to his hand, and you kind of need that to shoot a basketball. There was so much changeover with the Raptors last year. Give the guy a chance to prove he can function on the bench. He can provide energy, defense, rebounding, and perhaps a three point shot.

Keep Ross to limited minutes where other teams still believe he has some potential and trade him at the deadline.
                        In fairness Derozan was drafted based on potential, while Landry was drafted so low and performed so well out of the gate because he is what he is.

Comment

Xixak wrote: View Post
                          Raps scored 108.4 points per 100 possessions with him on the court. 105.5 with him on the bench. Clearly, the team is good at playing 4 on 5.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                          X