Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Blowing it all up - Rudy Gay Trade

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    112
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Blowing it all up - Rudy Gay Trade

    This is a huge 4 team trade and will never happen, but just thought I'd see what we could get for Gay. Detroit has expressed interest but was low balling. With recent FA signing Smith, the Pistons Frontcourt wont mesh and Monroe could be available in November.

    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=lcujz57
    QRich had a restriction on the machine, but he goes to OKC

    Raptors
    JV/Gray
    Amir/Psycho-T/Acy/Villeneuva
    Wiliams/Fields/Novak
    DeRozan/Lamb
    Lowry/Jackson/Buycks

    We retool, get a lottery pick and playoffs the next year. We get younger, and become more flexible. We probably have 1 too many Solid PGs, which we could flip one at the deadline along with Fields for a solid 3.

    OKC: gets thier C, enough said

    Detroit: see above

    Minnesota: would get a 1st rounder from OKC

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    810
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    OKC gets Monroe for Jeremy Lamb and Reggie Jackson... A young healthy near - all star big man for two backups.

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    80
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    No.
    Protocall
    https://www.youtube.com/user/PTC204
    http://www.ptc204.com

    Uploaded a new track: Please like or comment on it if you dig it! Thanks
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAT4s_LO-rc

    The best day of 2013 was the day I found out Andrea Bargnani got traded.

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,257
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Protocall wrote: View Post
    No.
    This
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    744
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    This is actually ok other than the HIGHWAY ROBBERY by OKC.

    Problem is there isn't really a way to fix that other than to just take OKC out of the trade.

    Something like this is more realistic, although I'd only do it if Detroit had a 2014 pick to give us which they don't:

    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=k4trd9a

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    112
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Detroit and us both receive 1st rounders from OKC

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    810
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Xixak wrote: View Post
    This is actually ok other than the HIGHWAY ROBBERY by OKC.

    Problem is there isn't really a way to fix that other than to just take OKC out of the trade.

    Something like this is more realistic, although I'd only do it if Detroit had a 2014 pick to give us which they don't:

    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=k4trd9a
    That's much more realistic.

    But yeah, I don't think the Raptors do it.

    And I don't think Sota does it either because Williams >> Ross as a player right now. They are also same age (actually Williams is younger). Well, they'd save some money. But overall, I doubt that's enough for them. They are trying to make the playoffs.

    If the Pistons were willing to give up Brandon Knight in this deal, I guess Knight could go to Sota instead of Ross, Ross stays in Toronto, it would be more fair.

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    810
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote alex_elstone wrote: View Post
    Detroit and us both receive 1st rounders from OKC
    OKC has no good first rounders. They need to give up a couple of lottery picks to make it fair. Or they have to give up Ibaka (which they won't do). I don't see a realistic way to make it work.

    Actually, i do. Harden for Monroe + some picks. If only they kept Harden for a year instead of trading him so quickly...

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    112
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
    OKC has no good first rounders. They need to give up a couple of lottery picks to make it fair. Or they have to give up Ibaka (which they won't do). I don't see a realistic way to make it work.

    Actually, i do. Harden for Monroe + some picks. If only they kept Harden for a year instead of trading him so quickly...
    Detroit gets Gay, OKCs 1st in 2014 and the 2014 1st owed to OKC by Dallas for Monroe and Villeneuva. In a draft class like 2014 I think that is a good trade for them. Minny gets our two seconds from the NY trade and Ross for Williams, good for them. OKC gets the C they need, good for them. We get solid young guys Williams Lamb and Jackson, flexibility and a 2016 1st from OKC good for us

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    810
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote alex_elstone wrote: View Post
    Detroit gets Gay, OKCs 1st in 2014 and the 2014 1st owed to OKC by Dallas for Monroe and Villeneuva. In a draft class like 2014 I think that is a good trade for them. Minny gets our two seconds from the NY trade and Ross for Williams, good for them. OKC gets the C they need, good for them. We get solid young guys Williams Lamb and Jackson, flexibility and a 2016 1st from OKC good for us
    It's not really good for the Pistons or the Wolves, they both lose assets. Those picks don't change much, they are low picks and the Dallas pick probably wouldn't even be 2014.

    Anyway, OKC wins this deal by too much. There has to be a team willing to offer much more for Monroe.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •