For all the RR based scouts and potential GMs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For all the RR based scouts and potential GMs

Ujiri insists any more additions will be young players with 100 percent certainty.

"Maybe a wing," Ujiri said. "We have been looking for another wing. We will see how it goes. It might be something we do this summer or wait until training camp and invite a couple of young guys and give them a shot and see what happens. We are still working on trying to figure out a couple more parts for the roster."
    This is an excerpt from:

http://probballreport.com/whats-next-for-the-raptors/

For those who have watched summer league games or otherwise know of good young wings on the bubble with their teams for whatever reason.....who you would like to see MU add to the team. Clearly MU is on the prowl for "young", "100%" talent (wing players) in the mold of a Buycks.....low cost and with potential to add to the depth and could stick.

Any names?

Terrence Ross

In all seriousness, I heard Chris Wright might be that guy.

Comment

yeah as an end of bench guy Chris Wright brings a lot of energy and effort, good practice guy who could develop into something more. His effort in building a passable jump shot in a little under a year shows real promise
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

There is a nice player Deshaun Thomas who played on the Spurs sl team and reportedly on the bubble. He was a late 2nd rounder SF. These guys though know when they have a good one and find ways to keep them!

Comment

Another wing? So with Gay, DeRozan, Ross, Fields, Q-Rich, and Acy (as the Power 3) on the roster.. you would think the last thing we need is another wing. I guess one (or two) of these guys won't be there on opening day.

Comment

I wouldn't be suprised to see a young wing and a young C signed, purely for depth (and asset accumulation). I think Richardson will be traded or bought-out and Acy is likely the 3rd PF (especially if Amir/Hansborough see any time at C).

C: Valanciunas, Gray, Rookie
            PF: Johnson, Hansborough, Acy
            SF: Gay, Fields, Novak
            SG: DeRozan, Ross, Rookie
            PG: Lowry, Augustin, Buycks

Looking at where players can actually play:
            - Valanciunas: C
            - Gray: C
            - Johnson: C, PF
            - Hansborough: C, PF
            - Acy: PF, SF
            - Novak: PF, SF
            - Gay: PF, SF
            - Fields: PF, SF, SG
            - DeRozan: SF, SG
            - Ross: SG
            - Lowry: PG
            - Augustin: PG
            - Buycks: PG
            Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Wed Jul 24, 2013, 03:06 PM.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
              Another wing? So with Gay, DeRozan, Ross, Fields, Q-Rich, and Acy (as the Power 3) on the roster.. you would think the last thing we need is another wing. I guess one (or two) of these guys won't be there on opening day.
              I'd probably leave Acy & QRich off the wing;list....which leaves 2 each for the 2 positions...and then taking into account possible injury or movement I can see where there is a need especially if it is of a developmental kind.

Comment

What could Landry fetch in a trade market for a similar poor contract for a C

Comment

I wrote in the predictions thread that Ujiri would pick up an undrafted C from the last couple drafts. Someone who offers an alternative skillset to Gray, maybe someone with a jumpshot?

Anyway, another wing seems to be a bit of overkill.

Comment

Malcom Thomas it is

Comment

?
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

adam morrison

Comment

swingman wrote: View Post
                          I wrote in the predictions thread that Ujiri would pick up an undrafted C from the last couple drafts. Someone who offers an alternative skillset to Gray, maybe someone with a jumpshot?

Anyway, another wing seems to be a bit of overkill.
                          Ok, so you disagree with Masai U. (in the quote).

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                            Malcom Thomas it is
                            I believe he is a PF.

Comment

Malik Hairston or Alex Tyus

Comment

Working...
                              X