Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

John Wall almost has his hands on a max contract? Thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Wall almost has his hands on a max contract? Thoughts?

So according to RealGm, John Wall is close to signing to a max deal with the Wizards which is a good idea since he's an All-Star PG in the making. He's set to sign a 5-year, $80 million contract. Thoughts? Is it too much or just right? For me, it's iffy. Health is the biggest concern right now. If he can stay healthy and improve upon his scoring efficiency, then I say it's well worth it. It really make you think about how much of a bargain Curry and Holiday are!

how are you awake? its 4:17 ...............yup thats my thought
    Last edited by lilmamba_; Thu Jul 25, 2013, 04:22 AM.
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
      how are you awake? its 4:17 ...............yup thats my thought
      What can I said. I'm a nightowl :P. Just wanted to post this before getting to sleep. Why are you still up

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
        What can I said. I'm a nightowl :P. Just wanted to post this before getting to sleep. Why are you still up
        looool your going to sleep jheeez, i was trolling on espn.... yea i wake up early to do it
        What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
        The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar

Comment

He deserves it.

Comment

He still has some potential to get better, so I see this as a medium risk-high reward situation.
            Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

He doesn't seem like a max-money player to me. Especially with the injury concerns. At the same time, other franchises would give him max money to lure him away in RFA, so I guess it makes sense.

Comment

He played well for about one month in his career so far; he was just very smart to make it the last one before contract negotiations.

Comment

Marz wrote: View Post
                  He doesn't seem like a max-money player to me. Especially with the injury concerns. At the same time, other franchises would give him max money to lure him away in RFA, so I guess it makes sense.
                  I agree with this! Based purely on injury concerns, he's definitely not worth a max contract. It's a smart move though because they're locking him up in the long run immediately rather than risking other team luring them away. I'm almost 100% sure some team will give him a max contract anyways in FA.

Comment

If they don't pay it somebody else will.

Comment

Was this their first offer?
                      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

John Wall always looks like he's playing lazy. Dude rarely ever takes over a game

Comment

Brandon wrote:
                          The WoW guys wrote an article about this suggesting that if Wall can't be signed for a lot less, he should be traded. That's correct. He is not a superstar player, not productive enough to warrant such money. Also, the 3/18 deal Gerald Henderson is getting from Jordan is ridiculous. He's a minimum-salary kind of player, easily replaceable. Teams are throwing around money like it grows on trees for no reason.
                          Welcome to the NBA!!!

While I look at the WoW metric as, shall we say, questionable. I think when you start to break down how and why players are payed their core thesis is spot on. Too many GMs don't pay for real production, rather they pay players for other reasons (they score points, they sell tickets, they've made big investments in them in the past etc). Also supported by Charles Barkley - "most GMs aren't trying to win they are trying to save their job"

John Wall is an interesting case because he had 2 rather underwhelming (though not necesarily bad) seasons, but then blew up last year (even if incomplete as a PG). But it was also on a small number of games. Given he's got one more year on his contract before RFA, and the Wizards could offer him a max deal just aswell then as they could now, I have no idea why they'd be talking about this right now.

Oh wait, yes I do. Their GM is Ernie Grunfeld. One of the few in this league who are a step down from Colangelo.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                            John Wall always looks like he's playing lazy. Dude rarely ever takes over a game
                            He can do dougie. Money well earned. /sarcasm

Comment

lool dont hate on his dougie it was pretty good

the second one was crazy

Comment

Working...
                              X