Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Casting Rumours For The New "Star Wars"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Casting Rumours For The New "Star Wars"

The Latino review is rumouring that Disney wants Zach Efron and Ryan Gosling for the new episode in the franchise.

I somehow doubt this is going to happen. Even if it is true. But, it sure is funny.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

New Star Wars? Didn't f#%k that up enough did they?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote JawsGT wrote: View Post
    New Star Wars? Didn't f#%k that up enough did they?
    Have you been living under a rock the past 6 months? Disney bought Lucasfilm and they're making a new Star Wars trilogy.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Star Wars is meant to be two trilogies... I have no idea what they're going to make this one about.
    Writer for RaptorsWatch.com

Twitter - @thekid_it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote jawsgt wrote: View Post
    new star wars? Didn't f#%k that up enough did they?
    money.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    Star Wars is meant to be two trilogies... I have no idea what they're going to make this one about.
    It's about Han Solo's kids and shiznit..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    Really? Hadn't heard that rumour before. Could be interesting.

Link please.

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The Latino review is rumouring that Disney wants Zach Efron and Ryan Gosling for the new episode in the franchise.
    scary thought... but the Latino review is actually considered one of the most reputable sources for movie news/rumors

for example, you know the superman/batman news from san diego comic-con?

well, this is from March...

http://latino-review.com/2013/03/03/...ustice-league/

if you scroll down to the "World's Finest" part.... World's Finest was a Batman/Superman animated movie from the late 90s about the two meeting... and it's widely expected to be the basis of Man of Steel 2... Latino Review was on it months ahead of the game

Post Thanks / Like

Been thinking, it could be worse. They could be doing a trilogy with a Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck adaptation... Don't put it past Disney guys. Scrooge McDuck would play the new Sith Lord and Goofy would be his apprentice.

Post Thanks / Like

Actually I'm pretty sure its about Lukes kid/ children.

Each trilogy has followed a different Generation of Skywalker.

Harrison Ford is said to be making an appearance though.
    "I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. We all have self-doubt. You don't deny it, but you also don't capitulate to it. You embrace it. You rise above it." -Kobe Bryant

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Been thinking, it could be worse. They could be doing a trilogy with a Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck adaptation... Don't put it past Disney guys. Scrooge McDuck would play the new Sith Lord and Goofy would be his apprentice.
    lol... in their defense, they also own Pixar... and Pixar consistently knocks it out of the park

Post Thanks / Like

Default The ObiDawg Trilogy

Oh, or they could do a Star Wars trilogy based on Obi's dog aka. "ObiDawg"(what? you say that's not in the films? Well it can be now!). It could start out with Obi being called to a distant planet but inadvertently forgets his light saber and jedi robe because he's like TOTALLY late and stuff. Obi's dog notices the error and enlists in his friends, a jive talking vacuum cleaning droid and an uptight little cat just to name a few, and they set off to bring Obi his saber and robe. Along the way they battle the darkside, get into hilarious situations and discover the true meaning of friendship... Did I mentioned the animals can talk and love to wear booties? Go Disney, go. The possibilities are endless.

Post Thanks / Like

Disney also owns Marvel Entertainment (ie Iron Man, Avengers, etc.) ... so there's that.
    Last edited by Joey; Thu Aug 1st, 2013 at 05:58 PM.
    "I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. We all have self-doubt. You don't deny it, but you also don't capitulate to it. You embrace it. You rise above it." -Kobe Bryant

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

There's actually a huge ass Star Wars timeline, I think it's based off the books. The 6 movies encompass like a TINY portion of it.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timel...lactic_history

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Apparently Solo's kids are called Jacen and Jaina, the former becomes a sith lord and the latter becomes a jedi master.

Wtf lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Actually I'm pretty sure its about Lukes kid/ children.

Each trilogy has followed a different Generation of Skywalker.

Harrison Ford is said to be making an appearance though.
    I meant to put Luke..my bad. But I read sonething about Han Solo/Proncess Leah actually. Just can't remember the details

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Xixak wrote: View Post
    There's actually a huge ass Star Wars timeline, I think it's based off the books. The 6 movies encompass like a TINY portion of it.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timel...lactic_history
    Whoa ... that site is EPIC.. might try that whole thing over a few beers this weekend! Hahah (Not sure if I'm actually that geeky, or not..)

Post Thanks / Like

I meant to put Luke..my bad. But I read sonething about Han Solo/Proncess Leah actually. Just can't remember the details
    Also true. I did hear that as well, you're right.

Post Thanks / Like

Also true. I did hear that as well, you're right.
    Ya, I just read it now. There was a leaked casting call that asked for "two actresses to play two females in their late teens" and back when Matthew Vaughn was rumoured to direct it was rumoured he had a story that would have Han Solo/Leia Skywalker daughter play a protagonist.

Post Thanks / Like

Disney also owns Marvel Entertainment (ie Iron Man, Avengers, etc.) ... so there's that.
    I hear you but this is different.

Movie adaptations of comics have been hit or miss over the years. Iron Man, the Avengers, and Thor were exciting movies but in terms of story telling they were not on the level of Star Wars episodes 4-6. Here the key difference you must consider:

Those super hero movies were born on paper and translated to the big screen. Those movies essentially set the bar because most of what came before them was crap.

Star Wars was born on the big screen. The story telling, the depth of it all, was so well presented in the original trilogy. It set the bar really high. This new trilogy is driven by money, it won't have a soul like the first trio... That is if episodes 1 through 3 are any indication; three entertaining movies and progressively better but all sub par to what came before it.

I will say this. If they chose to go with the Revan storyline from KOTOR that would make a good movie if they did it right.

Thread Information