• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lebron To The Clippers this Summer?

It could happen - read on.

Dunleavy did very well.

The Clippers replaced Thorton with Outlaw a plus
    The Clippers replaced Telfair with Blake a bigger plus
    The Clippers replaced Camby for now with Gooden (see below)

After making those trades the Clippers now will have enough cap space to go after James. Add in Blake Griffin next year plus another lottery pick and Dunleavy did a heck of a job. On top of that it is possible that the Clippers may sign Camby for next season when Camby becomes a free agent this summer.

Lebron and Kobe in Los Angeles. Got to love it.

This is the starting lineup that Lebron would have

Kaman
    B. Griffin
    Lebron
    E. Gordon
    B. Davis

Better than what the Cavs now have.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

I heard them mention this a little over a month ago on The B.S. Report. I thought it was a great idea. That starting 5 would give the Lakers a run for their money. You'd see a hell of a lot more red white and blue out there too, not all purple and gold. I hope this happens, we need LeBron outta the East.

Comment

I don't think they have a legit shot at landing James. If he wants to leave wouldn't he rather go to Miami and play with Wade or even Toronto and play with Bosh? I don't see either happening. The Cavs can offer $30M more than anyone else, it's his home state and they have a great team and just added Jamison. He's not going anywhere.

I could see them landing a second tier star like Stoudamire.

Comment

I don't think he'd care about the extra 30 mil. He'd be in Hollywood and could recoup that plus much more. He'd also be playing with an excellent PG who still has some mileage left, an All-Star C, and the number 1 overall from '09 who may be a mini-clone of himself in terms of talent. I'd love to see it.

Comment

James is the second best player in the world, soon to be #1. He's going to be a star where ever he is. He will get movie offers, T.V. offers, music offers, endorsement offers, etc. where ever he is. If he wants bright lights then NYC is the better option because they have rich history, pre-Zeke, and they have the cap space to build a team around James custom made for him. They also have a world class coach and one of the best basketball minds in the world as President and GM. He cares about winning and the Clippers are perennial losers. There is a reason why you the Clippers never land elite guys, its because they stink and they've built a poor reputation that goes back decades. They landed Davis because he wanted to come home and he would not fit with James in my mind because he needs the ball in his hands far too much to gel with the King. They have as much a shot at landing Lebron as Toronto does, 0% probability. That's my opinion.
          Last edited by Apollo; Thu Feb 18, 2010, 01:28 PM.

Comment

The Clippers franchise is synonymous with the word Fail.

Lebron won't go there just like he won't do a dunk contest.

Comment

Working...
            X