No announcement yet.

Ujiri looking for big man coach.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we should go for a player we want to mold jonas as . Him and sabonis have largely different games
    ya dun noe

Comment

It might be that Sabonis will want to coach in the NBA if his son comes over to play NCAA hoops in the Fall of 2014. One would think he'd want to coach on the west coast if Domantus goes to Gonzaga as rumoured.
      Last edited by stretch; Sat Jul 27, 2013, 12:21 AM.

Comment

With calgary. Kevin Willis would be a nice grab. He had a really good post game and was an intelligent player. I like the idea of him much more then ewing. I think jonas needs a player with a bit of athleticism to mentor him and not a slow plodding player like ewing. Robinson would be two types of treason and the last thing the admiral would do would be to sell his country' basketball technology to a foreign country and a foreign player.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
          It might be that Sabonis will want to coach in the NBA if his son comes over to play NCAA hoops in the Fall of 2014. One would think he'd want to coach on the west coast if Domantus goes to Gonzaga as rumoured.
          ... and just how much time does a 'big man coach' need to spend with the players? Can we get Sabonis part time so he can keep his day job elsewhere?

Comment

Agree Kuh. Sabonis could help Jonas out and still work full time at something else.

Comment

Bill Walton?

Good idea, but everyone is talking about centers (except for Karl Malone). A big man coach would help Valanciunas, Johnson, Hansbrough, Acy, and Grey. So think about someone who could help not just things like post moves, but rebounding, jump shots, help defense. Remember that there are only a few true centers in the NBA these days, so a lot of "centers" are normally power forwards.

Larry Bird is otherwise occupied these days, but what about James Worthy?

Comment

caccia wrote: View Post
                Bill Walton?

Good idea, but everyone is talking about centers (except for Karl Malone). A big man coach would help Valanciunas, Johnson, Hansbrough, Acy, and Grey. So think about someone who could help not just things like post moves, but rebounding, jump shots, help defense. Remember that there are only a few true centers in the NBA these days, so a lot of "centers" are normally power forwards.

Larry Bird is otherwise occupied these days, but what about James Worthy?
                Yeah but JV is one of the true C in the NBA. Bird and Worthy were both SF.

Worthy btw works for the Lakers as an analyst. And Bird i believe is back with the Pacers front office.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Bird is team president of the pacers.

Edit:I see that's already known. Can't delete this post.
                  If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Sabonis will coach him this summer anyways. Problem is that Raptors aren't letting him to Lithuania NT training camp, which started couple of weeks ago. They will let him go only tomorrow as far as I know so less time with Sabonis, anyways, if we are talking about long term deal then it's not Sabonis for sure, he's got businesses and important job, so coaching isn't "promotion" for him in this case. I'm pretty sure it's going to be American player.
                    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                      Sabonis will coach him this summer anyways. Problem is that Raptors aren't letting him to Lithuania NT training camp, which started couple of weeks ago. They will let him go only tomorrow as far as I know so less time with Sabonis, anyways, if we are talking about long term deal then it's not Sabonis for sure, he's got businesses and important job, so coaching isn't "promotion" for him in this case. I'm pretty sure it's going to be American player.
                      So what's the word on Domantus Sabonis? Is he going to play NCAA hoops in the Fall of 2014?

Comment

Vlade Divac?
                        TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

Dennis Rodnan
                          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                            So what's the word on Domantus Sabonis? Is he going to play NCAA hoops in the Fall of 2014?
                            to be honest I have no idea, maybe, maybe not because he's playing in a professional club already, Spain.
                            Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Working...
                            X