Ujiri looking for big man coach.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    Do you have a link for this quote? I'm just trying to figure out the context of this quote.

As for other possible names...don't think Big "Z" is considered one of the all-time great big men, but the Lithuanian connection is there.
    Arsenalist and PhdSteve had dinner with Leiweke last night and he told them. I know you likely think I'm joking, but I kid you not.

Comment

Do you have a link for this quote? I'm just trying to figure out the context of this quote.

As for other possible names...don't think Big "Z" is considered one of the all-time great big men, but the Lithuanian connection is there.
      This. I think we are speculating on the context of "one of the all-time great big men" means but I take it more in the quality of a Kareem then a Zabonis (who not doubt was a great player). When ever they make the announcement we at least can spend some time talking about the pros and cons of that big coach.

Comment

rap wrote: View Post
        This. I think we are speculating on the context of "one of the all-time great big men" means but I take it more in the quality of a Kareem then a Zabonis (who not doubt was a great player). When ever they make the announcement we at least can spend some time talking about the pros and cons of that big coach.
        Big "Z" was Zydrunas Ilgauskas who played for the Cavs for a majority of his career.

Sabonis who is also Lithuanian was considered the best European player to ever play international ball. When he was in the NBA he played for the Trailblazers for a majority of his career.

I wouldn't mind either of them as a big man coach for Jonas. But Big Z is coaching in Cleveland, and I'd be surprised if they can get Sabonis back in the NBA.

Comment

I would love to see "The Admiral" coach JV. I think you need a C or PF that had a great offensive post game. There's not much better than the top 3 of the 80's-90's. Hakeem, Ewing and Robinson. All three could consistently hit that 16 footer, and had great post moves. JV is missing the the turnaround fadeaway jumper. All three were amazing at it. Ewing is unavailable and he wants to be more than a big man coach. That leaves Hakeem and the Admiral.

I also agree with the posters Sabonis would be awesome. How about Vlade? He had a soft touch around the basket. Sir Charles? He had an amazing back to the basket game. Lol

Comment

Gut feeling tells me it's either Sabonis or Kareem.

Some names mentioned above probably wouldn't be referred to as "all-time greats".

Comment

Correct me of I'm wrong, but I thought Kareem was taking over the men's program at UCLA. Did that fall through?

Comment

rap wrote: View Post
                As Planetmars already mentioned, I was referring to Zadrunis, not Sabonis...just to confirm.

Comment

dr. James naismith wrote: View Post
                  arsenalist and phdsteve had dinner with leiweke last night and he told them. I know you likely think i'm joking, but i kid you not.

LOL, I'm a big fan of PHDSteve's pod casts, and I would have paid to be a fly on the wall during that dinner.

Comment

LOL, I'm a big fan of PHDSteve's pod casts, and I would have paid to be a fly on the wall during that dinner.
                    I'm sure one of them will post a column on the main page regarding their dinner last night with Leiweke. Or perhaps not depending on how sensitive the the discussion was when it comes to the team in general.

Comment

I'm thinking we sign on Alonzo to do it ... and when he refuses to show up, we give him millions of dollars!
                      The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
                        I'm sure one of them will post a column on the main page regarding their dinner last night with Leiweke. Or perhaps not depending on how sensitive the the discussion was when it comes to the team in general.
                        I'm just hoping that nobody was kicked out of the restaurant for raising their voices and Prakash isn't getting a stern talking to about whom he sets these meetings up with.

Comment

tkfu wrote: View Post
                          Interesting. My money's on Sabonis, both because of the Lithuanian connection and because there just aren't that many other plausible candidates that aren't already working for another team.

Ewing - Bobcats
                          Hakeem - Rockets
                          Shaq - Don't really see him being a good influence
                          McHale - Rockets
                          Yao - Rockets
                          Robinson - Not officially employed, but can't see him with anyone but the Spurs
                          Malone - Jazz
                          Russell - Maybe a possibility, but he hasn't shown any interest in this kind of job in the past
                          Kareem - Again, maybe a possibility, but reports are that he wants a head coaching job. Don't see him working for the Raps as a player development coach.

Anyone I'm missing?
                          Bill Walton?
                          "This just in........ THE RAPTORS ARE AMAZING!"

Comment

How about doctor J. Is Tree Rollins and World.B.Free still around?
                            -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                            -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

JV could learn the dream shake

number 1 is just insane
                              Last edited by NoPropsneeded; Fri Jul 26, 2013, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Here's a fun suggestion: Charles Oakley.

Comment

Working...
                                X