Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 58 of 58

Thread: Ujiri looking for big man coach.

  1. #41
    Raptors Republic All-Star TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,357
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    What about a guy like Kevin Willis, who even has a Raptors connection? I have no idea if he's the least bit interested in coaching and/or if he's already involved with another team, but he was a solid player at both ends of the court in his prime.
    Well, Leiweke said "An all time great" Kevin Willis is a nice guy and all but he's far from being an all time great.
    Follow me on Twitter - @RRyan22

  2. #42
    Raptors Republic Starter Raptorsss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    858
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    In all seriousness, we should get Dikembe Mutombo who can teach Jonas the finger wag.
    -"You canít run from me. I mean, my heart donít bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"ďI ainít no diva! I donít have no blond hair, red hair. Iím Reggie Evans.Ē

  3. #43
    Raptors Republic Superstar rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    4,107
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptorsss wrote: View Post
    In all seriousness, we should get Dikembe Mutombo who can teach Jonas the finger wag.

  4. #44
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    802
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Well, Leiweke said "An all time great" Kevin Willis is a nice guy and all but he's far from being an all time great.
    Yeah, but when a basketball executive is trying to sell you on their own moves, phrases like 'all-time great' get thrown around pretty easily. I think it's more likely that whoever the candidate is, he's in that 'top 50 all-time' range, rather than the 'top 10 all-time' range that's being speculated on by some here.

  5. #45
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,144
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    David Robinson?
    @jerboat

  6. #46
    Raptors Republic Starter Hassan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Guelph,ON
    Posts
    462
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    we should go for a player we want to mold jonas as . Him and sabonis have largely different games
    ya dun noe

  7. #47
    Raptors Republic All-Star stretch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,781
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    It might be that Sabonis will want to coach in the NBA if his son comes over to play NCAA hoops in the Fall of 2014. One would think he'd want to coach on the west coast if Domantus goes to Gonzaga as rumoured.
    Last edited by stretch; Sat Jul 27th, 2013 at 12:21 AM.

  8. #48
    Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,764
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    With calgary. Kevin Willis would be a nice grab. He had a really good post game and was an intelligent player. I like the idea of him much more then ewing. I think jonas needs a player with a bit of athleticism to mentor him and not a slow plodding player like ewing. Robinson would be two types of treason and the last thing the admiral would do would be to sell his country' basketball technology to a foreign country and a foreign player.

  9. #49
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    145
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote stretch wrote: View Post
    It might be that Sabonis will want to coach in the NBA if his son comes over to play NCAA hoops in the Fall of 2014. One would think he'd want to coach on the west coast if Domantus goes to Gonzaga as rumoured.
    ... and just how much time does a 'big man coach' need to spend with the players? Can we get Sabonis part time so he can keep his day job elsewhere?

  10. Like Puffer liked this post
  11. #50
    Raptors Republic All-Star Puffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,360
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Agree Kuh. Sabonis could help Jonas out and still work full time at something else.

  12. #51
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    632
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Bill Walton?

    Good idea, but everyone is talking about centers (except for Karl Malone). A big man coach would help Valanciunas, Johnson, Hansbrough, Acy, and Grey. So think about someone who could help not just things like post moves, but rebounding, jump shots, help defense. Remember that there are only a few true centers in the NBA these days, so a lot of "centers" are normally power forwards.

    Larry Bird is otherwise occupied these days, but what about James Worthy?

  13. #52
    Raptors Republic All-Star TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,357
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote caccia wrote: View Post
    Bill Walton?

    Good idea, but everyone is talking about centers (except for Karl Malone). A big man coach would help Valanciunas, Johnson, Hansbrough, Acy, and Grey. So think about someone who could help not just things like post moves, but rebounding, jump shots, help defense. Remember that there are only a few true centers in the NBA these days, so a lot of "centers" are normally power forwards.



    Larry Bird is otherwise occupied these days, but what about James Worthy?
    Yeah but JV is one of the true C in the NBA. Bird and Worthy were both SF.

    Worthy btw works for the Lakers as an analyst. And Bird i believe is back with the Pacers front office.
    Follow me on Twitter - @RRyan22

  14. #53
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,257
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Bird is team president of the pacers.


    Edit:I see that's already known. Can't delete this post.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  15. #54
    Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lietuva
    Posts
    1,304
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Sabonis will coach him this summer anyways. Problem is that Raptors aren't letting him to Lithuania NT training camp, which started couple of weeks ago. They will let him go only tomorrow as far as I know so less time with Sabonis, anyways, if we are talking about long term deal then it's not Sabonis for sure, he's got businesses and important job, so coaching isn't "promotion" for him in this case. I'm pretty sure it's going to be American player.
    #FREE

  16. #55
    Raptors Republic All-Star stretch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,781
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    Sabonis will coach him this summer anyways. Problem is that Raptors aren't letting him to Lithuania NT training camp, which started couple of weeks ago. They will let him go only tomorrow as far as I know so less time with Sabonis, anyways, if we are talking about long term deal then it's not Sabonis for sure, he's got businesses and important job, so coaching isn't "promotion" for him in this case. I'm pretty sure it's going to be American player.
    So what's the word on Domantus Sabonis? Is he going to play NCAA hoops in the Fall of 2014?

  17. #56
    Raptors Republic Starter theycallmeZZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    North York, ON
    Posts
    860
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Vlade Divac?
    TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

    NEVER FORGET... NUMERO OCHO 👌 #saluteJose

  18. #57
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,257
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Dennis Rodnan
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  19. #58
    Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lietuva
    Posts
    1,304
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote stretch wrote: View Post
    So what's the word on Domantus Sabonis? Is he going to play NCAA hoops in the Fall of 2014?
    to be honest I have no idea, maybe, maybe not because he's playing in a professional club already, Spain.
    #FREE

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •