X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xixak wrote: View Post
    Btw for the people who don't think Lowry is under consideration for top 10:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story...s-warp-2013-14

Obviously there's some flaws to JUST using WARP (Tony Parker isn't on the list for example), but that's yet another metric that indicates he's top 10.
    I'm not buying it...yet. He'll prove where he belongs this season I'm sure, but the WARP stat isn't gonna convince me...it's up to Lowry to do that.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
      Because.....?

Is Lowry better than any of these guys?

Rondo
      Deron
      Holiday
      Rose
      Irving
      Hill
      Jennings
      Kemba
      Teague
      Wall
      Curry
      Paul
      Nash
      Dragic
      Calderon
      Conley
      Parker
      Lawson
      Rubio
      Westbrook
      Lillard

The answer is NO. Don't even argue.
      I saw this post late, But the others pretty much replied for me (thanks Xixak). You're wrong

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
        I saw this post late, But the others pretty much replied for me (thanks Xixak). You're wrong
        Lol no worries man.

Like I understand that people don't like the way that some of our players fit, but that guy basically said that Lowry is one of the worst 10 starting PGs in the league lmao.

It's so silly to say that guys like Hill (who isn't even a true PG at all), Jennings, Kemba, Teague, Dragic, Calderon (this is just lol-worthy coming from a Raptors fan) and Rubio are better than him. Honestly...

Comment

Lol no worries man.

Like I understand that people don't like the way that some of our players fit, but that guy basically said that Lowry is one of the worst 10 starting PGs in the league lmao.

It's so silly to say that guys like Hill (who isn't even a true PG at all), Jennings, Kemba, Teague, Dragic, Calderon (this is just lol-worthy coming from a Raptors fan) and Rubio are better than him. Honestly...
          what the fuck does kyle lowry do way better than any of those guys?

to my eyes rubio is one of the best passer's i've ever seen, the best passer in the league right now, and one of the league's very best defensive pg's.

hill is also a great defensive pg and has never won less than 49 games in a non lockout-shortened season. bonus points because he was pop's favorite player.

it's so clear-cut between kemba and lowry because walker plays on a bad team and lowry has a rich history of winning?

i'm honestly curious where this shit comes from.
          Last edited by chris; Mon Jul 29, 2013, 10:51 PM.

Comment

I'm not saying you want Gay as your first option. He CANNOT be the first option on a championship level team in my opinion (unless you had an all-star at the other 4 positions like we saw with Detroit). But players like Gay are INTEGRAL to a championship team. In the playoffs, you need players who can get their own shot from multiple spots on the floor, and those players come at a premium cost for that reason. It's nice to have those 3 and D guys in your rotation as well throughout the game, but at the end of the day you're not going to put the ball in Danny Green or J.J. Redick's hands and ask them to hit shots in crunch time, I'm sorry it doesn't work like that.
            and this is such horse shit. friggin alan anderson can create his own shot and get you buckets at the end of games. where's his premium contract? the notion we should pay him 15 mil + or whatever you've deemed his Market Value to be because he can get a shot off is ludicrous. i'd rather we not make that investment, thanks.

and good luck asking him to not be a top option. he has been every year he's been in the league except his rookie year, and one where he split the honours with z-bo. it is what he is and how he makes a living. high volume, high usage, one on one player that doesn't score efficiently at all.

he's like the poorest man's melo. there aren't many players you'd rather have on your team if you need a bucket in the half court. but fuck do i ever hate his game and would hate to build a team around him.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
              Why was this trade moved to the NBA section? I thought the debate was about Raptor players...
              agreed. this discussion has been about where the raptors starting lineup stacks up against the rest of the league. couldn't the thread title just be changed?

Comment

chris wrote: View Post
                and this is such horse shit. friggin alan anderson can create his own shot and get you buckets at the end of games. where's his premium contract? the notion we should pay him 15 mil + or whatever you've deemed his Market Value to be because he can get a shot off is ludicrous. i'd rather we not make that investment, thanks.

and good luck asking him to not be a top option. he has been every year he's been in the league except his rookie year, and one where he split the honours with z-bo. it is what he is and how he makes a living. high volume, high usage, one on one player that doesn't score efficiently at all.

he's like the poorest man's melo. there aren't many players you'd rather have on your team if you need a bucket in the half court. but fuck do i ever hate his game and would hate to build a team around him.
                May I remind you that he had ONE off year shooting the ball. Rudy has shot 45-35-80 (around 55% TS) for the bulk of his career.

You don't ask him not to be the top option, you add a better player than him to the team. I don't think anyone here is suggesting that we have a title contender on our hands, but we're looking at having a lot of flexibility and trade assets in 2 seasons even if we re-sign Gay and Lowry for 8 figure contracts.

Comment

agreed. this discussion has been about where the raptors starting lineup stacks up against the rest of the league. couldn't the thread title just be changed?
                  Pretty sure the mod that moved it probably didn't even open the damn thread.

Comment

Pretty sure the mod that moved it probably didn't even open the damn thread.
                    could you change the thread title to something like "do the RAPTORS have top ten RAPTORS at each RAPTOR?"

maybe the same mod will move it back without opening it

Comment

could you change the thread title to something like "do the RAPTORS have top ten RAPTORS at each RAPTOR?"

maybe the same mod will move it back without opening it
                      How do I do that?

Comment

How do I do that?
                        i'm not actually certain it's possible because i don't believe i've ever made a thread here, but most boards i've posted on the OP can edit thread titles.

can you edit the title of your OP?

Comment

i'm not actually certain it's possible because i don't believe i've ever made a thread here, but most boards i've posted on the OP can edit thread titles.

can you edit the title of your OP?
                          I have no idea how to lol

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                            Because??

You didn't asnwer my question. At least give an explanation. Or maybe you've never seen any of the players that i listed play?
                            Last edited by The Great One; Wed Jul 31, 2013, 07:45 PM.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

ahhh, beef ^^^
                              What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                              The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                              No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                                Because??

You didn't asnwer my question. At least give an explanation. Or maybe you've never seen any of the players that i listed play?
                                I've seen all of them play. Your list was ridiculous, i see no reason to reply because people already have. I'd just be echoing them

Comment

Working...
                                X