Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Of course people make Hitler jokes. But people very rarely (never?) compare other real people to Hitler as a joke in a positive way.

It's not about getting offended. It's just not in very good taste. I don't have to laugh at a joke because it doesn't mean to be in bad taste. It's in no way funny to me.

Comment

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
      Sorry Doc, but just look at threads like this one and how they end up in complete bs and that's just one of many lately. For god's sake, the discussions between multipaul and Timbo were better. A bit of it is fun, but it's gotten out of hand (in my opion of course). And then we have the discussions by insult and topping it off people who think it's cool to have JV's head on Norton's Nazi-tattooed body as their avator. Seriously.
      I was kidding. Regardless, you show me a Raptors board that makes most members shake their head on most days. (RealGM, ProsportsDaily, RaptorsForum, etc.) We're all the same for the better part. Every one has knowledgable and well respected members and also have a number of "post fluffers". If people want to be apart of an active message board that will always be an issue and complaint amongst their respective members.

Only thing I can suggest are for members not feed into these particular threads/discussions that most complain about. I shake my head at alot of the topics that are started here. At the end of the day, we're place for people to come share their two cents & opinions.

As for the Nazi stuff, I agree its stupid. I also don't think Jonas would be happy to see his head replaced with Edward Norton's from "American History X" regardless if it was done in jest. If it offends one person, that's one person too many.

Comment

• Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
        I was kidding. Regardless, you show me a Raptors board that makes most members shake their head on most days. (RealGM, ProsportsDaily, RaptorsForum, etc.) We're all the same for the better part. Every one has knowledgable and well respected members and also have a number of "post fluffers". If people want to be apart of an active message board that will always be an issue and complaint amongst their respective members.

Only thing I can suggest are for members not feed into these particular threads/discussions that most complain about. I shake my head at alot of the topics that are started here. At the end of the day, we're place for people to come share their two cents & opinions.

As for the Nazi stuff, I agree its stupid. I also don't think Jonas would be happy to see his head replaced with Edward Norton's from "American History X" regardless if it was done in jest. If it offends one person, that's one person too many.
        Shake your head and giggle a little? Or just shake your head?
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
          People make Hitler jokes all the time. I saw a gif the other day that said something to the effect "don't be brought down by the ones you hate. Destroy them." And there's a picture of hitler and a text bubble that says "yup. Lol"

I nearly spit my milk everywhere. Its the shock value that adds to the humour.

Instead of getting offended. Take a joke as it is intended and laugh.
          I swear you definitely have an account on stormfront.org.

Comment

• I don't find it offensive but I don't get it, what's the joke?

Comment

• Xixak wrote: View Post
              I swear you definitely have an account on stormfront.org.
              Maybe I do. Do you have a problem with that?
              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                I don't find it offensive but I don't get it, what's the joke?
                The joke is that Jonas looks like neo-nazi Ed Norton from American History X.

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
                  Maybe I do. Do you have a problem with that?
                  Yes I do because it would make you a white supremacist.

- No problem with swastikas, which are clearly considered a NAZI symbol in the Western World
                  - Has a very vocal sig emphasizing the fact that he thinks it's ok for white people to run around using the N-Word
                  - Hates on black athlete for donating a million dollars to charity, acting like he's a bad person for it.
                  - Possibly posts on stormfront.org... a white supremacist site where they talk about purifying America of multiculturalism...

Comment

• Xixak wrote: View Post
                    Yes I do because it would make you a white supremacist.

- No problem with swastikas, which are clearly considered a NAZI symbol in the Western World
                    - Has a very vocal sig emphasizing the fact that he thinks it's ok for white people to run around using the N-Word
                    - Hates on black athlete for donating a million dollars to charity, acting like he's a bad person for it.
                    - Possibly posts on stormfront.org... a white supremacist site where they talk about purifying America of multiculturalism...
                    Yeah? While the only thing all that tells is that You're a presumptuous, judgmental, narrow-minded individual.
                    Last edited by LBF; Wed Aug 7, 2013, 12:16 PM.

Comment

• Thanks guys, but we're done talking about white supremacy here at RR. If you want to continue, please do so via private messages or take it to your friendly neighborhood KKK site.

Comment

Working...
                      X