Who is the Captain of the RAPS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is the Captain of the RAPS?

So I know Paul Pierce was the captain of the Celtics and now Rondo was named the captain. Bryant is for the Lakers. I am having trouble remember the names of past Raps. captains and especially last year. Who was the captain last year and who will and should be it for this year?

Just that I cannot recalling anyone on here actually talking about the Raps captain. Maybe it's just me and if so, I am sorry for missing those.

Wikipedia has DeRozan & Gay listed as captains. Not sure if that's entirely accurate but I vaguely remember hearing something similar in a late season broadcast as well.

Comment

lol ya I don't even know either. This "captain" stuff is taken way more seriously in hockey and soccer

Comment

Sam17 wrote: View Post
        lol ya I don't even know either. This "captain" stuff is taken way more seriously in hockey and soccer
        I know but it is also used here too. K believe that in Miami it's was Wade now it's both! So it's not just me then.

Comment

IMO the captain of the team should preferably be 1) a senior member of the team and MOST IMPORTANTLY 2) must possess leadership qualities. While the former(seniority) need not be strictly imposed, the later should be a MUST.

He does not have seniority as a Raptor but when it comes to leadership qualities, I think Rudy Gay is the right man for the job.
          Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

I think Captain and leader should go hand-in-hand. So I would have thought that Jose was the captain the last few years post-Bosh. But there doesn't seem to be a clear leader with this team right now. I suppose the closest thing I can see is Lowry. I haven't seen any leadership coming from DD at all. So I don't know where he is getting his Captain designation from. Gay....maybe. But I would like to see some more commitment to the organization from a player before they are given Captain status. He just hasn't been here long enough to earn that IMO.
            Welp, that sucked.

Comment

Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
              IMO the captain of the team should preferably be 1) a senior member of the team and MOST IMPORTANTLY 2) must possess leadership qualities. While the former(seniority) need not be strictly imposed, the later should be a MUST.

He does not have seniority as a Raptor but when it comes to leadership qualities, I think Rudy Gay is the right man for the job.
              That's what I thought also. However, what about the past? Did we ever have a Captain?

Comment

Well it was John Lucas the 3rd last season no idea who it will be this season..... maybe Gray... wtf people its obviously Rudy Gay.

Comment

I would have no problem appointing Amir as captain. He's not the most skilled player on the team, but I think his "work-horse" mentality is what all members of the team should be striving for.

Comment

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
                    That's what I thought also. However, what about the past? Did we ever have a Captain?
                    Yes we have. I have not checked recently, but C Oakely and V Carter were captains.
                    Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
                      Yes we have. I have not checked recently, but C Oakely and V Carter were captains.
                      Thank you very much. That helps a lot.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                        Well it was John Lucas the 3rd last season no idea who it will be this season..... maybe Gray... wtf people its obviously Rudy Gay.
                        John Lucas? How did Lucas become Captain?

Comment

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
                          John Lucas? How did Lucas become Captain?
                          Dude... he was joking lol
                          You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

I'd appoint Lowry the captain. It's important the Captain be a vocal leader which crosses off DD and Amir and JV is still too young. That leaves Lowry and Gay. Gay would be a good choice as well, but he wasn't the most vocal guy last year, but that could be as a respect to DD and others since he just joined the squad.

Comment

I'll echo Nilanka, and nominate Amir for captain.

Comment

Working...
                              X