Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Brandon Knight to Bucks as a part of the package for Brandon Jennings

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Brandon Knight to Bucks as a part of the package for Brandon Jennings

Well, Jennings did not get his 10-12 mils per year, but.. at least there will be no awkward situation between Bucks club and him

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Will have to see how everything goes down but Bucks are getting a whole pile of nothing. Knight has been a big disappointment.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

lol is it just me or does this seem like a team BC would come up with? Overpay for players who aren't worth their contract. Smith isn't worth his four-year, $54 million deal especially if you're gonna pay him to play SF and to chuck shots all day long! Jennings isn't really worth his three-year, $24 million contract either. He gambles on defense, settles for long twos all the time, and his isolation game is horrible. Not to mention both Smith and Jennings can be headcases from time to time! I don't think Jennings really solves the Pistons' shooting problems. IMO, I think this makes it actually worse. Sure Jennings will put up more points than Knight will but at the cost of efficiency. Not a big fan of the trade...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    Will have to see how everything goes down but Bucks are getting a whole pile of nothing. Knight has been a big disappointment.
    Knight has been a disappointment especially from the hype going into the NBA, but I still prefer him to Jennings. Anyways, recently Detroit doesn't have an amazing track record of developing their draft picks outside of Monroe, and Stucky. Drummond doesn't count as it's too soon to say.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

And with this Milwaukee cements what might be the worst offseason in the past 10 years of any team.

sign OJ Mayo for 8M per
    sign Zaza for 8M per
    acquire "PG" Brandon Knight and scrubs

Lose Jennings, Ellis and Redick for basically nothing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Xixak wrote: View Post
    And with this Milwaukee cements what might be the worst offseason in the past 10 years of any team.

sign OJ Mayo for 8M per
    sign Zaza for 8M per

Why should be we complaining...? One less team to compete against for playoffs...

7. Like NoPropsneeded liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

sign OJ Mayo for 8M per
    sign Zaza for 8M per

Zaza got 5 mil. Still too much. 8 mil be be absurd, Omer Asik money.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    Brandon Knights career was over the moment he hit the floor from the DeAndre dunk

10. Like blackjitsu liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

sign OJ Mayo for 8M per
    sign Zaza for 8M per

...Someone needs to update the tank-meter.

Raptors Republic Rookie raptorland's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Detroit has a lot to prove now and Milwaukee definitely wants in on the Wiggins/Parker sweepstakes next year..unless they really believe this is a playoff team and to that I say..

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    lol is it just me or does this seem like a team BC would come up with? Overpay for players who aren't worth their contract. Smith isn't worth his four-year, $54 million deal especially if you're gonna pay him to play SF and to chuck shots all day long! Jennings isn't really worth his three-year, $24 million contract either. He gambles on defense, settles for long twos all the time, and his isolation game is horrible. Not to mention both Smith and Jennings can be headcases from time to time! I don't think Jennings really solves the Pistons' shooting problems. IMO, I think this makes it actually worse. Sure Jennings will put up more points than Knight will but at the cost of efficiency. Not a big fan of the trade...
    You are bang on lol (except for part about Knight being more efficient than Jennings... not really tbh). I have a feeling if BC was still our GM our team would look like this right now:

Jennings
    DeMar
    Gay
    Smoove
    Val

With Amir, Lowry, Ross and our 2014 and 2016 1st round picks gone.

14. Like Blacklash2k4 liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Brandon wrote: View Post
    3/25 for Jennings is outrageous. The guy is a replacement player. Dumars is throwing around money like the chairman of the Federal Reserve.
    It's only fitting that a Brandon commented on this thread!
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Brandon wrote: View Post
    3/25 for Jennings is outrageous. The guy is a replacement player. Dumars is throwing around money like the chairman of the Federal Reserve.
    Theese contracts are pretty decent compared to Ben Gordon and Charlie V, but just because those were so awful even Colangelo probably was like: "What the fuck is this guy doing"?

Post Thanks / Like

You are bang on lol (except for part about Knight being more efficient than Jennings... not really tbh). I have a feeling if BC was still our GM our team would look like this right now:

Jennings
    DeMar
    Gay
    Smoove
    Val

With Amir, Lowry, Ross and our 2014 and 2016 1st round picks gone.
    Not really. Personally, if you compare the two, I think Knight is an overall much more efficient player especially if you consider the fact that Jennings has 2 seasons over Knight and the fact that Jennings was the number two option on offense for the Bucks last season. If Jennings doesn't show maturity and improvement offensively and defensively, I'm confident saying that I think Knight have an overall better career than Jennings. Hopefully, Billups will straighten him up!

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Detroit's starting backcourt is now:

Jennings - chucker
    Stuckey - chucker
    Josh Smith - chucker

No way they're making the playoffs this year. Everything will have to work out perfectly for that to happen. Even two relatively solid bigs in Drummond/Monroe can even that out.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    Detroit's starting backcourt is now:

Jennings - chucker
    Stuckey - chucker
    Josh Smith - chucker

No way they're making the playoffs this year. Everything will have to work out perfectly for that to happen. Even two relatively solid bigs in Drummond/Monroe can even that out.
    Nah. I still think they're a playoff team, but a borderline playoff team. They will probably get the 8th spot in the playoffs as I see Washington and Cleveland being the better team. They have the talent level to make the playoffs especially defensively. They also have training camp together which will help with their team chemistry. The only real problem with the Pistons is their offense. Like you said, they have chuckers in Jennings, Stuckey and Smith who are also very inconsistent at times. Overall, their talent level is much higher than ours. It's safe to say that our playoff chances are growing slimmer as the offseason goes on.

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    Nah. I still think they're a playoff team, but a borderline playoff team. They will probably get the 8th spot in the playoffs as I see Washington and Cleveland being the better team. They have the talent level to make the playoffs especially defensively. They also have training camp together which will help with their team chemistry. The only real problem with the Pistons is their offense. Like you said, they have chuckers in Jennings, Stuckey and Smith who are also very inconsistent at times. Overall, their talent level is much higher than ours. It's safe to say that our playoff chances are growing slimmer as the offseason goes on.
    They'll make the playoffs if they play their starters 48 minutes a game. They don't have a bench.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I gotta be honest. I wanted the Raps to draft Kemba or Knight back in the 11 draft. Kemba was my first choice. And he's a good player. Better than the Raps starting PG.

Thank god they drafted JV though. One of Colangelo's better decision.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

22. Like Blacklash2k4 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    It's only fitting that a Brandon commented on this thread!
    Hahahaha. I didn't even realize it was a brandon for brandon swap..that's howls. Brandon Wright should of been included somehow
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    Hahahaha. I didn't even realize it was a brandon for brandon swap..that's howls. Brandon Wright should of been included somehow
    Both Brandons have shooting problems.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information