Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 373

Thread: Raptors Sign Austin Daye

  1. #161
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    2,936
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Xixak wrote: View Post
    At this point in time Daye is a better player than Ross.
    No he's not.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

  2. #162
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    744
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    No he's not.
    What does Ross do better?

  3. #163
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,975
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Highlights of this past season. All im saying is that Ross, Fields and Novak better come prepared for training camp. Out of all of Massai's low risk high reward signing his the one im more excited about.
    Daye has more game-winners than DeRozan
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  4. #164
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cambridge, ON
    Posts
    1,106
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Xixak wrote: View Post
    What does Ross do better?
    So far as I can tell, nothing.

    TS%, 3PT%, FT%, PER, WS/48, TRB%, ORTG, DRTG, DxRAPM, OxRAPM, AST%... Daye is better in all these categories.

    Ross is younger.

  5. Like Xixak liked this post
  6. #165
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    2,936
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Xixak wrote: View Post
    What does Ross do better?
    Are you seriously asking me that question?

    Daye's a 4 year NBA veteran. Raptors will be his 3rd team in 5 years. There's a reason for that.

    Last year he averaged 5ppg on a HORRIBLE Pistons team. A team that needs wing players. 2 2nd round rookies(English and Middleton) got more playing time for the Pistons at the 2-3 guard position last year. What does that tell you about Daye?

    I understand that people here are down with Ross. Played horrible in Summer League. Not gonna deny that. But like i always say, it's a fucking Summer League game. You people need to relax about Ross.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

  7. Like phez liked this post
  8. #166
    Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,370
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Daye is a bust, Ross is a bust in the making.


  9. #167
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    744
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Are you seriously asking me that question?

    Daye's a 4 year NBA veteran. Raptors will be his 3rd team in 5 years. There's a reason for that.

    Last year he averaged 5ppg on a HORRIBLE Pistons team. A team that needs wing players. 2 2nd round rookies(English and Middleton) got more playing time for the Pistons at the 2-3 guard position last year. What does that tell you about Daye?

    I understand that people here are down with Ross. Played horrible in Summer League. Not gonna deny that. But like i always say, it's a fucking Summer League game. You people need to relax about Ross.
    Please take the time to read

    Quote Xixak wrote:
    At this point in time Daye is a better player than Ross.
    This is an indisputable fact. Both players are basically limited to jumpshooting and Daye is better at it and has an easier time getting his shot off because he's 6'11.

    Any metric you use tells you Daye is the better player right now. Whether Ross improves could change that, but for now that's the fact.

  10. #168
    Raptors Republic Starter phez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    750
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Xixak wrote: View Post
    Please take the time to read



    This is an indisputable fact. Both players are basically limited to jumpshooting and Daye is better at it and has an easier time getting his shot off because he's 6'11.

    Any metric you use tells you Daye is the better player right now. Whether Ross improves could change that, but for now that's the fact.
    throwing out %s trying to say daye is better than ross tells me you have never actually seen daye play. he is literally that bad.

    but here are some convenient numbers if thats your jive.

    he only had 7 games with 10+ points last season.

    his best 3pt performance was 1 game with 3 threes. the year before that literally only 9 games with a three, his best being 1 game with 4. from bref.com

    itt its dumb to use % in a player that gets literally no play time because he sucks

  11. Like TRex liked this post
  12. #169
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    744
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote phez wrote: View Post
    throwing out %s trying to say daye is better than ross tells me you have never actually seen daye play. he is literally that bad.

    but here are some convenient numbers if thats your jive.

    he only had 7 games with 10+ points last season.

    his best 3pt performance was 1 game with 3 threes. the year before that literally only 9 games with a three, his best being 1 game with 4. from bref.com

    itt its dumb to use % in a player that gets literally no play time because he sucks
    Yeah I'm sure you watched all 55 of Daye's games this year with the extremely fun to watch, prime-time TV-esque Pistons and Grizzlies. Gimme a break.

    Daye only played 5 less mpg than Ross, and he made 41 threes on 98 attempts in 55 games (42%) which is a significant sample size. He also made 69 on 172 attempts in his sophomore year (40%). Ross only made 65 on 196 attempts this year (33%).

    I'm not sure how those random stats you posted are even relevant...

  13. #170
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    744
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    And we're not using convenient #s... Daye is better than Ross in almost every single statistic and they play almost the same minutes...

    Ross: http://www.basketball-reference.com/.../rosste01.html
    Daye: http://www.basketball-reference.com/.../dayeau01.html

    Daye has better:
    - PER
    - TS%
    - eFG%
    - ORB%
    - DRB%
    - TRB%
    - BLK%
    - ORtg
    - DRtg
    - OWS
    - DWS
    - WS
    - WS/48

    Per 36 Stats:
    Daye: 13.6ppg, 6.6rpg, 2.2apg, 0.7spg, 1.2bpg, 1.5topg, 43.3% FG, 41.8% 3PT, 76.5% FT
    Ross: 13.6ppg, 4.2rpg, 1.5apg, 1.2spg, 0.4bpg, 1.5topg, 40.7% FG, 33.2% 3PT, 71.4% FT

  14. #171
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,454
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Some fantastic debates going on guys. Keep it up!

    The one comparing Ross and Daye is especially intrigueing.
    I've always looked at Daye as a 'Anthony Randolph' type, where he just needs the right situation to blossom. And for a minimum contract? I'm happy to let Daye try and find that here.

    For his size, Daye's handle is ridiculous, his stroke form is near perfect, and he can make some nice passes looking over shorter defenders. There's obviously a reason he's been passed over so many times, but there was a reason why we, and most people, passed on Chauncey Billups as well. I admit I haven't seen enough of him to say he's reached his ceiling, but for someone who's 6'11", and can dribble and shoot the way he can, that should be a pretty damn high ceiling.

    It needs to be noted though, that I don't envision any way Austin Daye is played at PF. He's a tall SG/SF.
    In Masai we Trust.

  15. Like Xixak liked this post
  16. #172
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Ross is has been a a disappointment but come on guys he just had 1 season so far..... a little harsh bringing up stats at this moment...

  17. #173
    Raptors Republic All-Star Mr.Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    MTL
    Posts
    1,322
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote thead wrote: View Post
    I have no problem being considered on the Masai bandwagon. But I'm also critical enough to take a dump on the driver of said bandwagon should he get us stuck in the mud. Thus far I have weighed every transaction the man has made since his arrival and concluded he hasn't made one false move. If that puts me on his bandwagon so be it.
    I couldn't help but picture a group of people driving around partying when the car breaks down and some guy gets up and takes a shit on the drivers head. It seems really counterproductive but extremely funny lol

  18. #174
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    744
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Ross is has been a a disappointment but come on guys he just had 1 season so far..... a little harsh bringing up stats at this moment...
    I didn't say Ross can't improve, he can and probably will.

    All I'm saying is right now Daye is better lol

  19. #175
    Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    3,872
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Ross is has been a a disappointment but come on guys he just had 1 season so far..... a little harsh bringing up stats at this moment...
    That would be fine if our coach was coaching for development but his not. Casey is going to be coaching for W's. That means the better player will get on the court. Ross is suppose to be a shooter but his has proved it in 2 summer league appearances and a whole season. Personally I feel that Daye is more of a threat to Novak and Fields is a threatening to take Ross out of the rotation. If you think about it only one wing is going to gy minutes behind DD and Gay. Where Daye has the advantage to get wing minutes and big minutes.

  20. Like Xixak liked this post
  21. #176
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    744
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    That would be fine if our coach was coaching for development but his not. Casey is going to be coaching for W's. That means the better player will get on the court. Ross is suppose to be a shooter but his has proved it in 2 summer league appearances and a whole season. Personally I feel that Daye is more of a threat to Novak and Fields is a threatening to take Ross out of the rotation. If you think about it only one wing is going to gy minutes behind DD and Gay. Where Daye has the advantage to get wing minutes and big minutes.
    Exactly. If Fields' shot comes back Ross isn't going to play.

    And I'd rather have 6'11 Daye on the court hitting 40% of his 3s and creating mismatches than 6'6 Ross hitting 33% of his.

  22. #177
    Raptors Republic Starter phez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    750
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Xixak wrote: View Post
    And we're not using convenient #s... Daye is better than Ross in almost every single statistic and they play almost the same minutes...

    Ross: http://www.basketball-reference.com/.../rosste01.html
    Daye: http://www.basketball-reference.com/.../dayeau01.html

    Daye has better:
    - PER
    - TS%
    - eFG%
    - ORB%
    - DRB%
    - TRB%
    - BLK%
    - ORtg
    - DRtg
    - OWS
    - DWS
    - WS
    - WS/48

    Per 36 Stats:
    Daye: 13.6ppg, 6.6rpg, 2.2apg, 0.7spg, 1.2bpg, 1.5topg, 43.3% FG, 41.8% 3PT, 76.5% FT
    Ross: 13.6ppg, 4.2rpg, 1.5apg, 1.2spg, 0.4bpg, 1.5topg, 40.7% FG, 33.2% 3PT, 71.4% FT
    because youre using %s and 36per to describe a player who only plays 12mpg. you really want to sell austin daye? austin daye would be a better 3pt shooter than kevin durant, mike miller, lebron james. lmao.

    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...er_minute.html

  23. #178
    Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    3,872
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Some fantastic debates going on guys. Keep it up!

    The one comparing Ross and Daye is especially intrigueing.
    I've always looked at Daye as a 'Anthony Randolph' type, where he just needs the right situation to blossom. And for a minimum contract? I'm happy to let Daye try and find that here.

    For his size, Daye's handle is ridiculous, his stroke form is near perfect, and he can make some nice passes looking over shorter defenders. There's obviously a reason he's been passed over so many times, but there was a reason why we, and most people, passed on Chauncey Billups as well. I admit I haven't seen enough of him to say he's reached his ceiling, but for someone who's 6'11", and can dribble and shoot the way he can, that should be a pretty damn high ceiling.

    It needs to be noted though, that I don't envision any way Austin Daye is played at PF. He's a tall SG/SF.
    I disagree, he could get spot minutes against back up front courts. With his length and shooting ability I don't see how he stays off the court. He has to be at least able to out play Novak. Novak is a better shooter but, that's all he brings to the table.

  24. #179
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    744
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote phez wrote: View Post
    because youre using %s and 36per to describe a player who only plays 12mpg. you really want to sell austin daye? austin daye would be a better 3pt shooter than kevin durant, mike miller, lebron james. lmao.

    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...er_minute.html
    Dude just stop.

    It's perfectly fair to compare the %s and per 36 numbers of two players who get about the same amount of playing time in similar roles (Daye and Ross).

    Of course Durant and LBJ are gonna shoot lower %s from 3, they almost always take contested shots. Mike Miller meanwhile is a career 41% 3PT shooter with over 1400 made threes, ridiculous to compare his resume to Daye's

    You're just grasping for straws because you have no real argument for why Daye isn't better than Ross right now. Give me some concrete evidence for why Ross is the better player other than your crappy eye test. You're not an NBA scout.

  25. #180
    Raptors Republic Starter phez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    750
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    12mpg is now about the same as 17mpg?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •