Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Raptors Sign Austin Daye

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote stretch wrote: View Post
    0.4 bpg in 2012-13 ESPN- http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3976/austin-daye

0.4 bpg in 2012-13 at nba.com- http://www.nba.com/playerfile/austin....html?nav=page

Daye is more likely to play 10 mpg than 36 mpg this year.
    If your read the Holinger report he says his a decent shot blocker and in the passing lanes.

Here what he says about his D:

The "good" news is he was only the second worst in rebound rate. Actually, the rest of his defense wasn't bad -- he ranked in the top 15 of power forwards in both blocks and steals per minute, and saw fewer overwhelming strength matchups given the increasing prevalence of small ball around the league. Unfortunately, his offense made him completely unplayable, and unless his shot recovers his career is in jeopardy.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

0.4 bpg in 2012-13 ESPN- http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3976/austin-daye

0.4 bpg in 2012-13 at nba.com- http://www.nba.com/playerfile/austin....html?nav=page

Daye is more likely to play 10 mpg than 36 mpg this year.
    Looks like basketballreference.com has a problem with their blocks per game calculation. Makes a a guy wonder where else their numbers might be wrong.

Anyway, regarding the bolded part, I thought you were responding to statement about blocking ability, not minutes. Remember that?

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote p00ka wrote: View Post
    Looks like basketballreference.com has a problem with their blocks per game calculation. Makes a a guy wonder where else their numbers might be wrong.

Anyway, regarding the bolded part, I thought you were responding to statement about blocking ability, not minutes. Remember that?
    Let's go back further to my original argument that Austin Daye is not the type of player that has built his reputation on his defense.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's go back further to my original argument that Austin Daye is not the type of player that has built his reputation on his defense.
    If it makes you feel better, you are correct about that, but that doesn't make the block per game comparison of Daye and Lowry any more relevant.

Post Thanks / Like

If it makes you feel better, you are correct about that, but that doesn't make the block per game comparison of Daye and Lowry any more relevant.
    OK, you win.

Post Thanks / Like

the .5 is his time with memphis. the .3 with detroit. the "TOT" it the total for the season which is 0.4.

Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

http://web.stagram.com/p/535530222837727443_9543743

At least our new Pine Rider is a big Bulls fan. what a dick. Least fav player by a mile already.

8. Like isaacthompson liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Austin Daye, at least statistically, is a very similar player to Tayshaun Prince per 36. I think he'll be more useful to us next year than people are expecting.

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Craig wrote: View Post
    http://web.stagram.com/p/535530222837727443_9543743

At least our new Pine Rider is a big Bulls fan. what a dick. Least fav player by a mile already.
    LMFAO. Did you tell him to drop a few bucks and get another cap?

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

This is not the right place to bring this up but has anyone else seen the article on realgm that says Landry Fields is still rehabbing his elbow? I don't know but something about that doesn't seem like a good sign. I would have thought he would be done with the rehabbing by now. It also talks about him restructuring his shot. The article just comes across to me like Fields is still not close to being 100% healthy or to getting his shot back. So it looks like Landry still won't be able to shoot this coming season.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
    LMFAO. Did you tell him to drop a few bucks and get another cap?
    I read that too lol

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote GLF wrote: View Post
    This is not the right place to bring this up but has anyone else seen the article on realgm that says Landry Fields is still rehabbing his elbow? I don't know but something about that doesn't seem like a good sign. I would have thought he would be done with the rehabbing by now. It also talks about him restructuring his shot. The article just comes across to me like Fields is still not close to being 100% healthy or to getting his shot back. So it looks like Landry still won't be able to shoot this coming season.
    "rehab" is the wrong word. obviously if his arm wasnt healed he couldnt have played at the end of last season. what people are saying is that he basically has to relearn his shot, being a nerve surgery. he's been busy this summer as he's just had a baby. but training camp is coming up, he has a brand new coaching+training staff to work with, even steve novak to help him out. i wouldnt stress about it.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote phez wrote: View Post
    "rehab" is the wrong word. obviously if his arm wasnt healed he couldnt have played at the end of last season. what people are saying is that he basically has to relearn his shot, being a nerve surgery. he's been busy this summer as he's just had a baby. but training camp is coming up, he has a brand new coaching+training staff to work with, even steve novak to help him out. i wouldnt stress about it.
    This is true. My only worry is I feel he hasn't been working as hard as he should have this summer because of the birth of his son. At the same time I do understand him putting his family first. I just hope he has been finding time to put the work in as well and not just trying to start focusing now, as the offseason is coming to an end. Time will tell I guess.

Post Thanks / Like

His arm is still effed as of a couple of months ago. Assistant coaches should have gone down to NYC to train w/ him.

No one has heard or seen him. No information is available as to whether or not he went down to Las Vegas.

Pretty sure his career is done. It's a game of buckets....

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote drunkmunky wrote: View Post
    ...Pretty sure his career is done. It's a game of buckets....
    I heard that he has been knocking them down from 3-5 feet outside the arc and Casey wants to keep his revitalized shot under wraps until a few games into the season...that way the Raps can start with big time momentum and secure a playoff spot by December.

His shot is supposed to be so good that he has actually been hitting them at a .296 clip, blindfolded from center court. that will be something to see.

18. Like stretch liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

until they hit .300, I am not impressed with his performance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote GLF wrote: View Post
    No, you're right ... this absolutely the most wrong place to bring this up, ever. Lol

If you have to start a post with "This is not the right place to bring this up", then you should probably find another place to put it ... or start a new thread.
    "I just dunked. Got a little dunk. Thatís nice." Terrence Ross

21. Like LBF liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

fact is, this Austin Daye character, this ingrate, this, this, this hooligan and disrespectful SOB is dancing around wearing a Bulls Cap.

I'm Not Having it. Ever.

DISLIKE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Craig wrote: View Post
    fact is, this Austin Daye character, this ingrate, this, this, this hooligan and disrespectful SOB is dancing around wearing a Bulls Cap.

I'm Not Having it. Ever.

DISLIKE!
    If he was wearing a OKC Thunder cap, or Miami Heat, then totally with you; Torches and Pitchforks all the way!!
    Or like when Ty Lawson was wearing Raptors gear. Little bit of a funny choice.

But the Bulls are just as much as a fashion statement as wearing any other brand clothing, in my opinion. So he gets a pass.
    "I just dunked. Got a little dunk. Thatís nice." Terrence Ross

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information