Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Raptors Sign Austin Daye

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    No, you're right ... this absolutely the most wrong place to bring this up, ever. Lol

If you have to start a post with "This is not the right place to bring this up", then you should probably find another place to put it ... or start a new thread.
    Yea sorry about that. I'm new to this forum so I don't really know how to start a thread and I couldn't find a thread about Landry Fields. I guess I'm just blind.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote drunkmunky wrote: View Post
    His arm is still effed as of a couple of months ago. Assistant coaches should have gone down to NYC to train w/ him.

No one has heard or seen him. No information is available as to whether or not he went down to Las Vegas.

Pretty sure his career is done. It's a game of buckets....
    Is this true or are you just being sarcastic? lol

Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If he was wearing a OKC Thunder cap, or Miami Heat, then totally with you; Torches and Pitchforks all the way!!
    Or like when Ty Lawson was wearing Raptors gear. Little bit of a funny choice.

But the Bulls are just as much as a fashion statement as wearing any other brand clothing, in my opinion. So he gets a pass.
    Oh Fuck no he does not....are serious???

You don'
    t wear your opponents colours, ever. In no industry, anywhere is this acceptable, and certainly not pro sports. Its ridiculous.

This isn't a fan, or your buddy...its a guy on the actual team. I am 100% passionate on this subject. NBA culture is fucked, and needs to be fixed.

I'd love to see an NFL or NHL guys wearing an opposing teams hat...he'd get effin knocked out in the dressing room

Raptors Republic Starter Dino4life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Craig wrote: View Post

You don'
    t wear your opponents colours, ever. In no industry, anywhere is this acceptable, and certainly not pro sports. Its ridiculous.

This isn't a fan, or your buddy...its a guy on the actual team. I am 100% passionate on this subject. NBA culture is fucked, and needs to be fixed.

I'd love to see an NFL or NHL guys wearing an opposing teams hat...he'd get effin knocked out in the dressing room
    I agree with you, its wrong. But wasn't Colin Kapernick wearing Dolphins gear just this summer ? it happens, no need to get worked up over a guy who will probably average 5 min/game for us.

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Craig wrote: View Post

You don'

I agree, I find it quite ignorant on the player's part.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote GLF wrote: View Post
    Is this true or are you just being sarcastic? lol
    True. None of the toronto media has actually seen him in a while (Jlew, Rwolsat), and I don't know about the asst. coach status because there's been a transition in the front office (the asst coach that was working w/ him previously hasn't been confirmed yet but is assumed to be coming back). Jay Saturo was not able to confirm whether or not he showed up in Vegas, but I don't believe so.

It was a party of 12.
    Amir
    Kyle
    Demar
    Rudy
    JV

Aaron
    Terrance
    Quincy
    Dwight
    Tyler

Coach Casey
    Masai Ujiri

That makes up the 12 that were down for the dinner meeting in Vegas.

Novak was just coming up to Toronto, and Tyler had just been signed and went down to meet up with the rest of the team and make his peace with JV.
    Last edited by drunkmunky; Tue Sep 3rd, 2013 at 08:16 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    I agree, I find it quite ignorant on the player's part.
    Thats how I feel.

Guy has nobody that wants him, he signs in Toronto because the GM and ownership want to give him a chance...gets great coin, and THIS is how he shows respect?? Just bad.

Not all players are like this. I was lucky enough to have a meeting in the MLSE war room once, I actually sat in Peddies chair hahaha. They have shelf with all these awesome gifts, balls and shoes and photo's from Ex-players when they move on, saying thank you. I was blown away by the gratitude these guys had for management. And here we have this skinny dweeb thats not played a day, but who will getting paid large, who doesnt have the decency to rock a team hat, and instead chooses another teams...hell, another Eastern Conf. team!!!!

No respect, AT ALL.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd have to agree. If Masai can wear a raptors jersey with his custom tailored dress pants, a shit rated bitch ass overpaid bench player can buy a couple of raps caps.

Post Thanks / Like

Was that wrong?

Post Thanks / Like

No, you're right ... this absolutely the most wrong place to bring this up, ever. Lol

If you have to start a post with "This is not the right place to bring this up", then you should probably find another place to put it ... or start a new thread.

bahaha. Joey..this is for you.

Anyways...these are my thoughts on Austin Daye.

Last edited by LBF; Tue Sep 3rd, 2013 at 10:33 PM.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote drunkmunky wrote: View Post
    True. None of the toronto media has actually seen him in a while (Jlew, Rwolsat), and I don't know about the asst. coach status because there's been a transition in the front office (the asst coach that was working w/ him previously hasn't been confirmed yet but is assumed to be coming back). Jay Saturo was not able to confirm whether or not he showed up in Vegas, but I don't believe so.

It was a party of 12.
    Amir
    Kyle
    Demar
    Rudy
    JV

Aaron
    Terrance
    Quincy
    Dwight
    Tyler

Coach Casey
    Masai Ujiri

That makes up the 12 that were down for the dinner meeting in Vegas.

Novak was just coming up to Toronto, and Tyler had just been signed and went down to meet up with the rest of the team and make his peace with JV.
    Interesting. Well that's not good. Seems like he doesn't care much about basketball anymore because his shot was soooo bad and he doesn't seem to want to put in the work needed to fix it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Questions for all the people hating on Daye for wearing a Bulls hat.

If you worked at Diesel, would you ONLY wear Diesel clothing?
    If you worked at Apple, would you never buy anything from Samsung or Microsoft?
    If you worked at Footlocker, would you not buy shoes from anywhere else?

Give it a rest.

13. Like Nilanka, Fully, Joey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote GLF wrote: View Post
    Interesting. Well that's not good. Seems like he doesn't care much about basketball anymore because his shot was soooo bad and he doesn't seem to want to put in the work needed to fix it.
    That's all speculation. Until I see the coach's or Landry confirming that, then I'll choose to wait and see.
    Now then ... STOP TALKING ABOUT LANDRY IN THIS THREAD. Lol
    Start a new thread if you'd like to discuss his supposed lack of motivation.
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Xixak wrote: View Post

Give it a rest.
    You'd have to be a moron not to though, given the potential employee discounts available to you.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Raptors Republic All-Star Fully's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Xixak wrote: View Post

Give it a rest.
    Yeah, HATGATE needs to stop. The idea that Daye is going to be less committed to the Raptors because he's wearing a Chicago hat during the off-season is a little crazy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Fully wrote: View Post
    Yeah, HATGATE needs to stop. The idea that Daye is going to be less committed to the Raptors because he's wearing a Chicago hat during the off-season is a little crazy.
    We need HATGATE at this point in the dog days of the off season.

18. Like Fully liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Gotta admire Buycks though lol guy went off when he signed that deal, Raptor shit everywhere lol.

Post Thanks / Like

I am not on any of the social media but I am wondering if Daye has responded to the criticism or attempted to explain the wearing of the Bulls hat. A response/explanation from Daye would be in order.

Post Thanks / Like

that analogy, about working at Deisel, Apple, etc. I am assuming you're kidding right. Because these are two very different situations.

If you have a shoe deal with Nike, would you play with Adidas on.... think before you answer, you might be forfeiting a really big chunk of cash.

Daye is under contract with the raptors to both play and promote their brand. Wearing the Merchandise of another team is a direct conflict of interest and is frowned upon. If you think it isn't, you likely don't fully understand how it works.

Post Thanks / Like

I think this "Hat Gate" is all blown out of proportion. Big time.

Who knows, maybe Daye was a Bulls fan and/or a Michael Jordan fan growing up, and that's what his motivation was for playing basketball and making it to the NBA. I would love to see him wearing Raptors gear (100% during the season), but they are employees, it's not like MLSE owns them; they aren't walking billboards that must comply at all times. If my assumption is right, I have respect for him for continuing to honor the team/player he cheered for as a kid.

However, if he did it purely as a fashion/'cool' statement, then that irks me. If there's no past connection and passion towards the Bulls, then it's just a dumb decision.

Without knowing his motivation, I won't rush to judgement. Besides, I could really care less anyway, at least until the season actually starts.

On a related note, wouldn't the Raptors management/PR team outfit all their players with gear? If the team actually cared enough about this, they'd probably work a clause into the players' contract, similar to how they prohibit players from partaking in certain risky activities that could lead to injury, or include personal conduct clauses for players while representing the franchise.

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information