This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craig wrote: View Post
    Oh Stop Joey, I call my nieces, nephews, GF parents Monkey's...think Curious George. That is far from what one might consider a personal attack or insult man.

apologies to all offended, but I like saying Monkey's!
    "SuperJudge" finally comes to life. Do you need to put on your dunce cap and sit in the corner again? Don't make me do it.

Comment

The Hat is a symbol of respect and loyalty.

Symbols are important, they often sy a lot, and decided the path that yo might go down.

It's no biggie, you monkeys are the ones getting all wound up, us guys who are opposing the Bulls hat aren't furious, we just think its lame, and it is, and in the REAL sports world you can be damn sure that this "its no big deal" way of thinking is the minority.

Now, if you check Austin Dayes Instagram, he also Rocks a very sweet Raps cap, one with just an 'R' on the front.....I want that hat badly!
      Do you think Casey or Ujiri called him about that? Cause I don't. It's very common that players wear other team hate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I know I wore the other teams hate, regularly. Sure never wore their hat!

Comment

• which teams hat was he wearing?
          i actually take hats seriously, if your a player for a certain team you cant go around wearing others teams hats. to me its a sign of disrespect, more like a 'i don't wanna to be here idea'
          same idea when ty lawson wore the raps hat, im pretty sure nugget fans weren't all that too happy
          Last edited by lilmamba_; Fri Sep 6, 2013, 09:44 PM.
          What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
          The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
          No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

• he was rocking a Bulls hat, team in his own conference. Yikes.

Comment

• Daye was aged 7-10 during the Bulls second 3-peat with Jordan. His Dad also played for the Bulls. Is it any surprise he is a Bulls fan? Everyone upset needs to get over themselves. If your Dad was a former NBA player who played for the Bulls I'm sure you would have grown up a superfan.

Comment

• Yep, and when I was all grown up, and no longer a little boy, but a professional player under contract for an NBA team in my own life as an adult. I'd put the Bulls cap away.

Comment

• Some dudes are too sensitive, it's just a hat

Comment

that analogy, about working at Deisel, Apple, etc. I am assuming you're kidding right. Because these are two very different situations.

If you have a shoe deal with Nike, would you play with Adidas on.... think before you answer, you might be forfeiting a really big chunk of cash.

Daye is under contract with the raptors to both play and promote their brand. Wearing the Merchandise of another team is a direct conflict of interest and is frowned upon. If you think it isn't, you likely don't fully understand how it works.
                    Actually it is exactly the same situation, Daye is an employee of the Toronto Raptors, he is not sponsored by the team. The analogy that doesn't make sense is you comparing a player's contract with a team to a sponsorship deal with Nike or Adidas. Just because you are endorsed by a company does not mean you are an employee (I suppose the Raptors work for Air Canada then?), and just because you're an employee does not mean that you have to behave like you are endorsed by it (ie. wearing merchandise). Players are obligated to wear team gear during games and other team-related events, but when it comes to their free time they can wear whatever they want.

Comment

• Nah, as already mentioned. Stress level is very low, just not going to Budge.

Comment

• How do you not get this, honestly, and no offence, but are you under 20? Younger kids cant seem to make the distinction between what one is obligated to do, and what one simply should do.

Dude can wear what he wants.

Comment

How do you not get this, honestly, and no offence, but are you under 20? Younger kids cant seem to make the distinction between what one is obligated to do, and what one simply should do.

Dude can wear what he wants.
                          I don't see why he shouldn't wear merchandise of other teams if he wants to. Maybe he likes how it looks? Maybe that was his favourite team growing up? Basketball is a business like any other, not sure why some fans think players have to show devotion to their franchise like it's some kind of deity. In case you haven't noticed, franchises don't show any real commitment to players either. They can trade or waive them in a second (and in fact if Toronto wants they can leave Daye without a job at the end of a season because of his team option).

Comment

• Well my friend, what can I say, I feel like you need to learn a bit about loyalty, respect, and character then. Because this is what were talking about. He is there, because fans pay to cheer for his team. They buy the merchandise, they buy the tickets.

How many kids that play Hockey in Canada are Leafs, or Canadians fans? When they make the NHL, how many do you think put on the ole Habs cap and go out in public.

Thats how many.

I just think its a sad reflection upon that p[layer, and his overall commitment to his team and its fans. You act like its a human right discussion. It isn't a lot to ask a player in a Professional sport.... "hey bud, I'm going to give you 2 Million dollars to go out and play basketball. In return, you will play for, support and promote our team and brand to the general public, is that cool with you?"

Two possible answers;

"Seriously, not a problem Sir, small price to pay to be infinitely well off and have 4 million people cheer for me and support me, thanks for the opportunity"

or

"Yo fuck you man, I will wear what I want, I like the bulls, they are my team, go fuck yourself or talk to my lawyer"

Which answer do you think 99% of the league gives?

Put on your grown up hat to answer this question because its clearly rhetorical in nature.

Comment

Well my friend, what can I say, I feel like you need to learn a bit about loyalty, respect, and character then. Because this is what were talking about. He is there, because fans pay to cheer for his team. They buy the merchandise, they buy the tickets.

How many kids that play Hockey in Canada are Leafs, or Canadians fans? When they make the NHL, how many do you think put on the ole Habs cap and go out in public.

Thats how many.

I just think its a sad reflection upon that p[layer, and his overall commitment to his team and its fans. You act like its a human right discussion. It isn't a lot to ask a player in a Professional sport.... "hey bud, I'm going to give you 2 Million dollars to go out and play basketball. In return, you will play for, support and promote our team and brand to the general public, is that cool with you?"

Two possible answers;

"Seriously, not a problem Sir, small price to pay to be infinitely well off and have 4 million people cheer for me and support me, thanks for the opportunity"

or

"Yo fuck you man, I will wear what I want, I like the bulls, they are my team, go fuck yourself or talk to my lawyer"

Which answer do you think 99% of the league gives?

Put on your grown up hat to answer this question because its clearly rhetorical in nature.
                              He isn't telling the team "fuck you" like you're suggesting. In all likelihood they do not care that he wore a Bulls hat.

I think I'm starting to see your real argument here. You think because NBA players are paid so much they should be obligated to represent their team at all times in what they say, do and wear. Newsflash, they are paid proportionally to the revenue generated by the games. If you have a problem with them being paid so much, kindly stop watching, and ask the rest of the people like yourself to stop watching as well. If the revenue decreases, so will player salaries over time, so it's really up to you.

And I would really appreciate it if you'd stop speaking to me as if what you're saying is more valid/important just because you're older. People of all ages can make valuable contributions to sports discussion (or any discussion for that matter).

Comment

• I chalk wearing another team's hat such as Daye (or Lawson) as a generational value gap.

The culture of AAU ball has become a part of the NBA. Hugging, slapping hands, smiling/laughing during breaks in play, player collusion behind the scenes has made the league, overall, a big fraternity among the players.

I'm not sure what is right or wrong but when I played I truly disliked my opponents. I did not want to hang out with them or talk or whatever. Young players today, I don't think, share that spirit. Again, not sure which perspective is more healthy or correct.

I know years ago you wouldn't have top players looking to play with each other. Players would want to beat the other guy, not join his team, especially in their prime. Again, change in philosophy.

Personally, I don't think guys should wear gear of other teams. When I transferred universities, I certainly didn't wear my former team's gear at my new school. When guys who had played elsewhere at the same level wore old team gear, they certainly got a razing.

I guess on this matter your opinion might come down to what generation you are a part of. Just my .02
                                Last edited by mcHAPPY; Sat Sep 7, 2013, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X