This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Indeed. Casey's Dog House is deep and dark.
    lol - based on prior seasons, yes.

Lets hope BC gone leads to a change in perspective.

Comment

• http://instagram.com/p/cxgKOEAp7Z/

Not related to much but enjoyable.
      Last edited by Rapstor4Life; Fri Aug 9, 2013, 01:29 AM.

Comment

• I got no beef with this signing. Minimum financial risk, and he'll actually play at some point. Look at it this way - switching him for Kleiza. Kleiza was getting paid way too much, and didn't even play last year. At least we'll get something from Daye, and he's costing us next to nothing.

Comment

• arctic donkey wrote: View Post

And also, i don't think its fair to just minimize the power of the dunk to nothing the poster dunk is one of the most momentum swinging plays in basketball.

Spectacular dunks can impact a game. So when you say "dunks do not mean anything," i beg to differ.

Also, Ross' abilty to dunk is greater than Daye's (and i believe dunks are useful tools in the NBA, contrary to your beliefs.). .
          i am going to assume (for your sake) this is all sarcasm.

Comment

• draftedraptor wrote: View Post
            i am going to assume (for your sake) this is all sarcasm.
            A dunk is the most efficient shot you can take. And it definitely has a lot of intangible benefits, it gets the fans off their ass, it pumps the team up, it pumps the player up, it gets your team recognition, it's the move that defines basketball. It made kids wear Air Force 1s, it made them pump up their shoes and buy mini-hoops to put up in their bedrooms. If Blake Griffin laid the ball up instead of dunk it I doubt that team would have Chris Paul there.

Don't underestimate the power of the dunk.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
              A dunk is the most efficient shot you can take. And it definitely has a lot of intangible benefits, it gets the fans off their ass, it pumps the team up, it pumps the player up, it gets your team recognition, it's the move that defines basketball. It made kids wear Air Force 1s, it made them pump up their shoes and buy mini-hoops to put up in their bedrooms. If Blake Griffin laid the ball up instead of dunk it I doubt that team would have Chris Paul there.

Don't underestimate the power of the dunk.
              It also only counts as 2 points.

Lemme know how many rings the league's two most prolific dunkers (Dwight and Blake Griffin) have won?

Comment

• Xixak wrote: View Post
                It also only counts as 2 points.

Lemme know how many rings the league's two most prolific dunkers (Dwight and Blake Griffin) have won?
                I don't know, but MJ and Kobe have 11 between them and they both won the dunk contest.

Let's make more nonsense points while we're here.

The top 4 assist men in NBA history only have 1 ring between them. Assists =/= Playoff Wins!!!!!
                Last edited by Letter N; Mon Aug 12, 2013, 06:04 PM.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                  I don't know, but MJ and Kobe have 11 between them and they both won the dunk contest.

Let's make more nonsense points while we're here.

The top 4 assist men in NBA history only have 1 ring between them. Assists =/= Playoff Wins!!!!!
                  That's incredible. I read a lot of basketball stuff, and I've never come across that before.

Now I'm looking back on championship teams, and almost none of them feature the 9+apg point guards we've been conditioned to covet.

Could it be that point guard play isn't as important as almost everyone seems to think it is?
                  Last edited by JimiCliff; Mon Aug 12, 2013, 07:38 PM.
                  "Stop eating your sushi."
                  "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                  "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                  - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                    That's incredible. I read a lot of basketball stuff, and I've never come across that before.

Now I'm looking back on championship teams, and almost none of them feature the 9+apg we've been conditioned to covet.

Could it be that point guard play isn't as important as almost everyone seems to think it is?
                    Certainly seems like it. Teams seem to be better when everyone is sharing the ball, and/or have a dominant wing player

Comment

• So K Low can stay after all! Start selling your Fam Juice in Toronto

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post

Now I'm looking back on championship teams, and almost none of them feature the 9+apg point guards we've been conditioned to covet.

History shows that for the most part all your PG needs to be able to do is defend, not turnover the ball a lot and hit 3s.

Teams that rely on their PGs to set up everybody and/or score a ton of points often get burned when the playoffs roll around. That's why Chicago and LAC are never gonna win jack until they get another consistent scorer/playmaker on their teams. PGs are the easiest position to stop defensively because of their lack of size. Look at how bad Rose was when Indiana put George on him or when Miami stuck LeBron on him.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                          So K Low can stay after all! Start selling your Fam Juice in Toronto
                          Tbh Lowry actually fits the championship PG mold better than most PGs do.

He doesn't need to dominate the ball to be effective, he shoots at a high clip from 3, turns the ball over at a low rate and one could argue that he's elite defensively and on the glass at his position.

Comment

Tbh Lowry actually fits the championship PG mold better than most PGs do.

He doesn't need to dominate the ball to be effective, he shoots at a high clip from 3, turns the ball over at a low rate and one could argue that he's elite defensively and on the glass at his position.
                            Imagine him on the Heat. He's basically a better, tougher version of Chalmers (although Chalmers is one helluva 3 point shooter)

Comment

• Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
                              Imagine him on the Heat. He's basically a better, tougher version of Chalmers (although Chalmers is one helluva 3 point shooter)
                              keep in mind just how much space you have to shoot 3s when you have Wade, James, Bosh, and Ray Allen on the floor with you...who do you leave?
                              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

History shows that for the most part all your PG needs to be able to do is defend, not turnover the ball a lot and hit 3s.

Teams that rely on their PGs to set up everybody and/or score a ton of points often get burned when the playoffs roll around. That's why Chicago and LAC are never gonna win jack until they get another consistent scorer/playmaker on their teams. PGs are the easiest position to stop defensively because of their lack of size. Look at how bad Rose was when Indiana put George on him or when Miami stuck LeBron on him.
                                Not Chicago. Even without D Rose their ball movement is very impressive, second to San Antonio maybe.

Comment

Working...
                                X