Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unwritten rule: You can't wear merch of an opposing team. Even if you're from Chicago you can't rock a Bulls hat, you can rock a Bears, a Cubs, a Blackhawks, any other sport but the one you're in.

It's not illegal, but it's poor form, like kicking someone in the nuts during a fight.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
      ...It's not illegal, but it's poor form, like kicking someone in the nuts during a fight.
      Whoa. When did they bring that rule in? Or do you mean, like in fights for fun, where people stop beating on each other when someone goes down, no kicking in the head when unconscious and no knives?

Comment

• hahaha kinda like that yes.

Comment

• Xixak wrote: View Post

And I would really appreciate it if you'd stop speaking to me as if what you're saying is more valid/important just because you're older. People of all ages can make valuable contributions to sports discussion (or any discussion for that matter).
          heh.

You prove my point.

I'm done cleaning the floor with you young fella, go shower up!

Comment

• Xixak wrote: View Post
            Actually it is exactly the same situation, Daye is an employee of the Toronto Raptors, he is not sponsored by the team. The analogy that doesn't make sense is you comparing a player's contract with a team to a sponsorship deal with Nike or Adidas. Just because you are endorsed by a company does not mean you are an employee (I suppose the Raptors work for Air Canada then?), and just because you're an employee does not mean that you have to behave like you are endorsed by it (ie. wearing merchandise). Players are obligated to wear team gear during games and other team-related events, but when it comes to their free time they can wear whatever they want.

That's one way to look at it. But there are other ways as well. One way is to compare it to high school or college sports. You don't see Duke players wearing NC hats. And its reasonable that fans would get upset when their team is sporting other teams caps, whether it being college sports or professional

Comment

• How come this thread has 19 pages, over 350 posts about a scrub third stringer looooooooool.
              NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

• Because somehow... raptors fans always have to hate on someone.

Comment

• e2thed wrote: View Post
                  How come this thread has 19 pages, over 350 posts about a scrub third stringer looooooooool.
                  hahahaa Summer.

Comment

• Oh yes, because there is SO much "hate" going on here.

Do young people even understand the meaning of the words they use? Honestly, I mean I know you all have decided to try to make your own meanings, but they are silly.

Hate is a strong word. Hell even dislike.

All anyone has said is that wearing another teams hat is a dumbass move. thats all. I'm sure Austin Daye is a nice fellow, we all make mistakes...... just some are more stupid than others.

Comment

• Craig wrote: View Post
                      Oh yes, because there is SO much "hate" going on here.

Do young people even understand the meaning of the words they use? Honestly, I mean I know you all have decided to try to make your own meanings, but they are silly.

Hate is a strong word. Hell even dislike.

All anyone has said is that wearing another teams hat is a dumbass move. thats all. I'm sure Austin Daye is a nice fellow, we all make mistakes...... just some are more stupid than others.
                      There's nothing "dumbass" about it. The only "dumbass" thing I've seen in this thread is you continually acting like you're more knowledgeable just because you're older. Time doesn't always heal foolishness.

Comment

• Why do you continue to insult me. If you know something I don't, teach me, but otherwise making silly comment about what you assume another person does or doesn't know is best left for your own personal time.

Honestly my friend, you're not winning anything here with that sort of approach, not with me anyhow.

So, where were at now, is where you're going to explain to me that its ok for Austin Daye, to tweet photo's to thousands of people of him, wearing a Chicago Bulls cap, just a few weeks after he was hired to play for and promote the Toronto Raptors. Explain to me, how in the culture of sports at ANY level, this has ever been, or is at this moment, something that is generally viewed upon as perfectly "ok".

Please do. Please show that I am wrong, and you are right. If not, if you cannot, then please try to keep the insult stop a minimum kid as you just come off as a brat, and nothing more. I have already shown to a few other posters on this forum that I am perfectly happy admitting when I am wrong...but I need more than attempts to appear clever that fall seriously short with no base to support um.

Thats all man, do that and were cool as an ocean breeze.

Comment

• Seriously though.. who's Austin Daye?
                          your pal,
                          ebrian

Comment

• Time to close this bad boy up. Unnecessary drama coming to fruition.

Anyhow, this is Austin Daye we're talking about. I think this will be the most attention he'll garner ever as a Raptor. :|

Comment

Working...
                            X