This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    I'm not offended by it. It's just unnecessary. You do this in almost every thread you post on. Once someone doesn't agree with you or you don't like what someone else says, you go and make comments on other people personally. It's so stupidly unnecessary. You could have easily said "For those who are wondering why we did this". It just shows immaturity on your part!
    Ok fair enough I see your point. I'll edit it and try to dial back on the insults.

Sorry it's just how my friends and I talk when we discuss sports, I guess it's not appropriate here though.

Comment

Xixak wrote: View Post
      Ok fair enough I see your point. I'll edit it and try to dial back on the insults.

Sorry it's just how my friends and I talk when we discuss sports, I guess it's not appropriate here though.
      I don't really care to the point where I'm forcing you to change it. I just don't understand you.

Comment

Xixak wrote: View Post
        For the nincompoops wondering why we did this.

He's 25
        He's 6'11
        He can play multiple positions

And here's the important thing,

He shot 42% from 3 last year, his 3rd time shooting over 40% (including a 50+% season)
        Lol.

Yes he's 25 but he's regressed almost every season
        Yes he's 6'11 but he's also 200 lbs. this makes him the lightest "big man" in the NBA.
        Yes he can play multiple positions, but tweeners are known for not having very much success at the nba level. He can't defend PF's and can't keep up with SF's.

And no he never shot more than 50% from 3 in a season, and it was not his 3rd time shooting over 40% it was his 2nd with the one other time being .401.
        He's only made 150 3's in his 4 year career. Not much to go off of.
        But here's the most important thing

His FG% was best in his rookie season, and has not been higher since, including a 32% season.
        Nincompoop. Atleast post meaningful(and correct) facts before educating others on why this is a good signing.

Comment

As for this signing, it's a definitely MU signing. It's low risk, high reward! I guess we're not used to these kind of signing because we're too used to seeing BC sign role players to big multi-year deals. *cough*Fields*cough*

Comment

MU basically took a cheap flier on him. There's a dozen guys i would have rather had but i'll trust MU on it.

At least he's a good 3 point shooter.
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
              MU basically took a cheap flier on him. There's a dozen guys i would have rather had but i'll trust MU on it.

At least he's a good 3 point shooter.
              I think MU just rather fill a roster spot with someone young and with some sort of potential (in this case, potential to be a decent role player).

Comment

Nothign to say here. Austin Daye suck.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

The signing has "Signing Fields was a Awful idea" written all over it. BC's biggest blunder hurt us huge this summer

Comment

Daye is a wing player. Great length, terrible strength. He can't dribble the ball for a wing, can't rebound if many are assuming small ball, can ONLY shoot the 3, can't defend.

Sure, he's cheap, but holy, I'm sure $1 million per year (2 yrs, 2 mil) could have had a far more skilled young player.

Not at all in favour of this signing.
                    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Just a filler on the bench, not sure why everyone is up in arms

Comment

Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
                        Just a filler on the bench, not sure why everyone is up in arms
                        Because we don't need a poor man's Steve Novak.(that's saying something)

Comment

Can block shots and shoot the three. If I were Terrence Ross I would start getting worried. Ujiri keeps signing players that can do what he shoot 3's. Which he hasn't proved he can actually do.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

How is 25 years old not young?

Comment

I remember hearing so many rave reviews about Daye when he was entering his rookie year... Well from everybody except Hollinger.

Honestly, I don't care about this move. Next up?

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                                How is 25 years old not young?
                                Age is just a number if you don't make use of it. He hasn't shown any proof that he constantly works on his game since he came into the league, and hasn't gotten any better. He could be 35 for all its worth. He hasn't shown improvement and just because he's 25 isn't reason to believe he will improve.

Comment

Working...
                                X