X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xixak wrote: View Post
    Fixed.
    I find it interesting how I get labeled a DD hater/basher/whatever for simply stating at 24 years of age with 4 years, 9700NBA minutes under his belt, and 3 years of being a 1st or 2nd option with history and statistics to back the claim he is what he is yet you continuously take childish jabs at Fields and Ross and it is somehow appropriate.... one player coming off severe injury to his shooting arm and one year older than DD and the other a rookie never given much of an opportunity and 2 years younger.

Comment

• The people giving up on Ross already would be the same who wouldve given up on Jose after his rookie season.
      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
        The people giving up on Ross already would be the same who wouldve given up on Jose after his rookie season.
        Would've saved us 6 years of watching him lose games for us in the last 2 minutes.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
          Maybe we should let him play against children.

I see a 30* and 10 in his future vs Miss Mcentire's grade 8s.

*on 13-28 shooting
          Dude that's creepy. That was the name of my little brothers 3rd grade teacher O_O

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
            I find it interesting how I get labeled a DD hater/basher/whatever for simply stating at 24 years of age with 4 years, 9700NBA minutes under his belt, and 3 years of being a 1st or 2nd option with history and statistics to back the claim he is what he is yet you continuously take childish jabs at Fields and Ross and it is somehow appropriate.... one player coming off severe injury to his shooting arm and one year older than DD and the other a rookie never given much of an opportunity and 2 years younger.
            I feel like people go so hard on Fields and Ross is cause of you and other forum members who made a claim that either one of those players would make the team better without any real proof. Just doubting the fact a 24 year old can not get any better in his carreer.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
              Would've saved us 6 years of watching him lose games for us in the last 2 minutes.
              Are you honestly suggesting that Jose was a bad player to keep through his rookie season?
              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                I feel like people go so hard on Fields and Ross is cause of you and other forum members who made a claim that either one of those players would make the team better without any real proof. Just doubting the fact a 24 year old can not get any better in his carreer.
                That is fair.

I know I brought up both in the past as an alternative. At this point in time not realistic to say Ross makes team better given what he has shown not is there any statistical claim to back it up. The aegument Ross' skill set is better for team is based on same hope and potential argument of derozan. Fields on other hand has a few stats to back up the claim he'd make team better - both individual and team.

Both players style tend to be better sited without a stretch 4 to the current starters (gay. Lowry, Amir, JV) but that is an old argument and had nothing to do with the b.s. given to fields and Ross.

I am not sure what is considered real proof outside of stats and eye test.

Comment

That is fair.

I know I brought up both in the past as an alternative. At this point in time not realistic to say Ross makes team better given what he has shown not is there any statistical claim to back it up. The aegument Ross' skill set is better for team is based on same hope and potential argument of derozan. Fields on other hand has a few stats to back up the claim he'd make team better - both individual and team.

Both players style tend to be better sited without a stretch 4 to the current starters (gay. Lowry, Amir, JV) but that is an old argument and had nothing to do with the b.s. given to fields and Ross.

I am not sure what is considered real proof outside of stats and eye test.
                  Personally I feel you can't make a case for either 3 to be a better fit without a stretch 4. Ross is inexperience and hasn't proven he can consistently hit the NBA 3. Fields has a broken shoot. For all we know his first year was fluke. Andrea shot 40 % from 3 one year too. From the outside looking in. It seem like he hasn't really workout much this offseason.

DeMar seem to be the more proven at the moment. It's true DD has played all these minutes and has been the 1st and 2nd option. Has he really ever had a consistent 1st option that stayed heathly and he hasn't been pushed to being the 1st option half way through the season? Coming out college DeMar was being compared to players like Josh Howard and Caron Butler. Legit number two options in thier careers. From what his done so fat his lived up to that. Even though I don't except DD's production to really go up but I do except his efficiency to go up this year. His defense I feel will improve a bit. Him not playing majority of his minutes with AB should help. All around having a better defensive players around him. Also Casey 3rd year shouldn't be taken likely.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                    Personally I feel you can't make a case for either 3 to be a better fit without a stretch 4. Ross is inexperience and hasn't proven he can consistently hit the NBA 3. Fields has a broken shoot. For all we know his first year was fluke. Andrea shot 40 % from 3 one year too. From the outside looking in. It seem like he hasn't really workout much this offseason.

DeMar seem to be the more proven at the moment. It's true DD has played all these minutes and has been the 1st and 2nd option. Has he really ever had a consistent 1st option that stayed heathly and he hasn't been pushed to being the 1st option half way through the season? Coming out college DeMar was being compared to players like Josh Howard and Caron Butler. Legit number two options in thier careers. From what his done so fat his lived up to that. Even though I don't except DD's production to really go up but I do except his efficiency to go up this year. His defense I feel will improve a bit. Him not playing majority of his minutes with AB should help. All around having a better defensive players around him. Also Casey 3rd year shouldn't be taken likely.
                    Listen, I respect your opinion but you just told me I have not provided any proof and you reply without a single piece of evidence to back up your own claim other than feelings and thoughts.

I just deleted typed comment. I really don't want to get in to discussion again. As p00ka routinely and regularly points out I've made same comments numerous times. I truly am looking forward to seeing how it all plays out and I would not mind in the slightest if I am wrong on DD. This was the only point I wanted to make because the childishness is, well, childish:

Comment

• Just saying, but there are 218 posts (now 219) on a third string wing player.

The life of a Toronto Raptors fan.
                      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

It was a joke. I don't think I've ever called you a DeRozan hater btw.

EDIT: On second thought, not saying Ross is a d-league caliber player. But if we had an alternative at backup 2 I wouldn't mind sending him to the d-league. He seems like a guy who could use the confidence boost of averaging 20+ppg down there and tearing shit up.
                        Last edited by Xixak; Tue Aug 6, 2013, 11:24 PM.

Comment

• Can he average 20+ in the d-league right now? I'd be worried if he played like he did in summer league...
                          He's got the tools, just too passive...

Comment

• @Adaye5: Good couple days of workin out with @DeMar_DeRozan @IamAmirJohnson & @T_DotFlight31 in LA.... Now in Vegas gunna some work in @impactbball
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chances are AD will get some burn at the start of the season. If isn't ready to produce it might be a while before gets off the bench again.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                                Chances are AD will get some burn at the start of the season. If isn't ready to produce it might be a while before gets off the bench again.
                                Indeed. Casey's Dog House is deep and dark.

Comment

Working...
                                X