Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T-Mac back to Toronto in the summer of 2010?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-Mac back to Toronto in the summer of 2010?

So T-Mac just got traded to the Knicks. For more details please click here: Raptors Republic

That is not the topic at hand though. This summer T-Mac will enter free agency and by no means does this trade today mean he will be returning to the Knicks in the fall. A lot is going to take place in the summer and the Knick trading for him was more about creating cap relief of over $20M than being interested in his services. There is no guarantee that T-Mac will like NYC from a basketball standpoint (ie: toughest fans and media in the league, no contest).

Next, he's had his troubles with injuries recently. He may not be the same player. There is a new CBA coming in a few years and teams are hurting. There won't be a lot of money for T-Mac this summer. He's probably looking at the full MLE in the best case scenario.

My question to you all is would you like to see Toronto pursue T-Mac this summer and use at least a portion of their MLE on him? Do you feel he would want to come back to Toronto? Would a second round birth greatly increase their odds of him being interested? Could he help the Toronto Raptors?
    YES!
    21.05%
    NO!
    52.63%
    ...Undecided...
    26.32%

The poll is expired.

Stop it!

Comment

No, No, Yes, No.

(In response to the original poster's last paragraph).
      Don't hate me because I'm an optimist.

Comment

I'm pro Tmac, assuming he has anything left in the tank, which he most likely doesn't. There has got to be a reason why the Rockets chose to pay him 22 million to do nothing.

More telling is the trend of players who came out of high skool, peaked early and are now starting to look back. KG, JO and Tmac all came out of high skool early and are now are all flaming out in thier early 30's.

Comment

I hope T-Mac and Iverson join Steve Franchise and Starbury in a 2-2 game of between recent NBA retirees.

There's no use for T-Mac on the Raptors. With DD and Belli, what use would he serve.

Does anyone even think T-Mac has any value as a 3rd string SG?

I for one do not expect BC to offer T-Mac a minimum contract. And I hope for all that he doesn't.
          Last edited by James Ballswin (Realizar); Thu Feb 18, 2010, 04:39 PM.
          RR OG

Comment

James Ballswin (Realizar) wrote: View Post
            Does anyone even think T-Mac has any value as a 3rd string SG?
            Shouldn't you wait and see what he does before making such a comment? When was the last time you saw him play? I know it was a long time for me but the man says he's 100%... Said it months ago. He's going to be playing for a new contract. I think you're jumping the gun.

Comment

i'd say 99 percent he's washed up, not sure if the run and gun knicks offense is what his knee needs. I can't name the last player to miss two years for knee surgeries and then come back looking good. But former scoring champs always deserve a lil benefit of doubt.

max stats 28 mins, 15 ppg, 5 ass, 5 rb, 1 stl, 1.5 3's, 43% fg, 85% ft

Comment

Amare came back from major knee surgery and he's running and gunning with the best of them in the NBA birth place of D'Antoni ball.

Comment

I would take T-Mac over Belinelli. No question about it, but he would have to earn that new contract the hard way - i.e. play for 3 mil for a few years.

Comment

I think he offers up a team Anthony Parker(Year one with the Raptors) type production in the worst case scenario. That's most definitely worth a little more than $3M/yr. .. But I'm just going by what the man says his body is doing.

Comment

Not only do I not want to see T-Mac here, I doubt he would even want to come to Toronto.
                      Toronto's Finest

Comment

right now i'm saying yes. but, as for the future well have to see.
                        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Reclamation projects are they key to winning rings. So far Colangelo is 0 for 2.

He will follow the money. His value also might get over inflated playing in coors field. im excited to watch his first game. I put the over/under for season high at 28 points.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                            Amare came back from major knee surgery and he's running and gunning with the best of them in the NBA birth place of D'Antoni ball.
                            Amare had two things going for him:

1) Youth

2) He didn't fuck up his body by doing a horrible workout routine. Rumour has it that the reason for T-Macs multiple injuries was due to muscle imbalances. Remember when he bulked up fast? Well he bulked up incorrectly, and while he's spent most of his rehab time fixing that, who knows what lingering issues he may have.

I think a lot of people are selling T-Mac short here. At the same time, I wouldn't want him on the Raptors squad. He's yet another ball-dominant guard. We already have Jose and Turk, why add a thurd?

Comment

That's news to me... Link? I'd like to read the whole story. It sounds interesting.

Comment

Working...
                              X