Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 65

Thread: The Raptors only have one non-American left on the team - Jonas

  1. #41
    Raptors Republic Starter RapthoseLeafs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Northern Ontario
    Posts
    617
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    Can we create a 'Boo' option?
    I only hope we can show a little class this time. He's gone ... give it up.
    Plus - why encourage AB to play his ass off, next time the Knicks visit. Sometimes I wonder if we're basketball masochists in disguise.

    .

  2. #42
    Raptors Republic Starter RapthoseLeafs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Northern Ontario
    Posts
    617
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    The Raptors did a poor job scouting international players. Even when they got solid international players they let them go (MB for instance). It's best to reset and get players that fit exactly what's needed. Remember Buyks played in France-- it's not like they're not scouting Europe. Almost every team has international players, it's not a big deal. I'm sure the Raps will add international players in the future.
    Huh?

    Jonas
    Jose

    and that's just the j's .... lol.

    .

  3. #43
    Raptors Republic Rookie Vimsanity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Mississauga, Ontario
    Posts
    69
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Other than Muggsy and Bonner, I love how every other MB ate shit while they were with us. Forget avoiding Euros, we should be avoiding MBs!

  4. Like Joey liked this post
  5. #44
    Raptors Republic All-Star slaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,098
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    Had to double check that, because off the top of my head, I remembered more than 3... we actually had EIGHT MBs

    Mark Baker
    Marcus Banks
    Maceo Baston
    Mengke Bateer
    Marco Bellinelli
    Muggsy
    Matt Bonner
    Michael Bradley
    I remember when they acquired Maceo Baston in the 06-07 season and everyone thought he was going to become a rotation player and really help the team. Guy couldn't off the bench. Michael Bradley.... man he was terrible. Marcus Banks was probably the most useless player in the NBA. How many times did his contract get traded just so deals could happen? 3? 4?

  6. #45
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,447
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    I remember when they acquired Maceo Baston in the 06-07 season and everyone thought he was going to become a rotation player and really help the team. Guy couldn't off the bench.
    Booooooooo:



    Quote slaw wrote:
    Marcus Banks was probably the most useless player in the NBA. How many times did his contract get traded just so deals could happen? 3? 4?
    I remember a couple of occasions where he did actually have some decent games, and we got him for trading JO and Jamario Moon .. so I won't complain. LOL
    And to be fair, there's never much room for a defensive PG specialist, who couldn't do much else.
    Last edited by Joey; Thu Aug 1st, 2013 at 01:12 PM.
    In Masai we Trust.

  7. #46
    Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,798
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    I remember when they acquired Maceo Baston in the 06-07 season and everyone thought he was going to become a rotation player and really help the team. Guy couldn't off the bench. Michael Bradley.... man he was terrible. Marcus Banks was probably the most useless player in the NBA. How many times did his contract get traded just so deals could happen? 3? 4?
    lol... the amount of players somebody tried to convince me would be a solid contributor and they turned out to be duds is astronomical..

    Fred Jones
    Juan Dixon
    the consistent year after year of "oh, this will be Joey Graham's year. He's the hardest working raptor in practices"
    the 3 minutes of "Quincy Douby is the real deal"
    the whole "Hassam Adams is going to be our defensive specialist"
    That horrible experience that was Hedo
    There was a large chunk of people who had faith in Kapono despite his inability to not drag his feet when he WASN'T dribbling

    hell, it wasn't that long ago that they tried to convince us that Darrick Martin's guidance was the key to developing our young talent

  8. Like Letter N liked this post
  9. #47
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,307
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    Had to double check that, because off the top of my head, I remembered more than 3... we actually had EIGHT MBs

    Mark Baker
    Marcus Banks
    Maceo Baston
    Mengke Bateer
    Marco Bellinelli
    Muggsy
    Matt Bonner
    Michael Bradley
    Wow. Next time I'll just write Marco instead of initials. Didn't know it would cause all this confusion
    BUT the pointless trivia is awesome.

  10. #48
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,447
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    lol... the amount of players somebody tried to convince me would be a solid contributor and they turned out to be duds is astronomical..

    Fred Jones
    Juan Dixon
    the consistent year after year of "oh, this will be Joey Graham's year. He's the hardest working raptor in practices"
    the 3 minutes of "Quincy Douby is the real deal"
    the whole "Hassam Adams is going to be our defensive specialist"
    That horrible experience that was Hedo
    There was a large chunk of people who had faith in Kapono despite his inability to not drag his feet when he WASN'T dribbling

    hell, it wasn't that long ago that they tried to convince us that Darrick Martin's guidance was the key to developing our young talent
    How about Julian Wright? Lol
    In Masai we Trust.

  11. #49
    Raptors Republic All-Star Fully's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Or Primo Brezec?

  12. #50
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,975
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    How about Julian Wright? Lol
    I can never get tired of watching this:

    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  13. Like NoPropsneeded, Fully, Joey liked this post
  14. #51
    Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,798
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Fully wrote: View Post
    Or Primo Brezec?
    I STILL wish he was still on the team.

    The interviews with him alone were worth putting up with how crap he was.

  15. #52
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,447
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Fully wrote: View Post
    Or Primo Brezec?
    Hey, the Gangster was the real deal.

    I remember one game it looked like he raided the supply closet and put on every headband, armband, wristband etc he could find. Was awesome.
    In Masai we Trust.

  16. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    744
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    While we're on this topic... how many BCs have we had........?

  17. #54
    Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,798
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Xixak wrote: View Post
    While we're on this topic... how many BCs have we had........?
    Colangelo would be the only one.

  18. #55
    Raptors Republic All-Star slaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,098
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    lol... the amount of players somebody tried to convince me would be a solid contributor and they turned out to be duds is astronomical..

    Fred Jones
    Juan Dixon
    the consistent year after year of "oh, this will be Joey Graham's year. He's the hardest working raptor in practices"
    the 3 minutes of "Quincy Douby is the real deal"
    the whole "Hassam Adams is going to be our defensive specialist"
    That horrible experience that was Hedo
    There was a large chunk of people who had faith in Kapono despite his inability to not drag his feet when he WASN'T dribbling

    hell, it wasn't that long ago that they tried to convince us that Darrick Martin's guidance was the key to developing our young talent
    The list in Toronto is endless. Because of Bargnani, people often forget the worst Italian player ever to suit up in Toronto, my all-time favourite Raptor free agent signing and much hyped Italian hope: Vincenzo Esposito. El Diablo! The first player Toronto ever signed.

    I'll tell my Esposito story. Back in the Raps first year, Damon Stoudamire had, in my mind, the greatest single game performance ever by a Raptor, lighting Gary Payton up for a triple double as the Raps stunned the Sonics, embarrassing Seattle. So, when Seattle showed up a couple weeks later, Payton went into GOD MODE, shutting down Mighty Mouse and destroying the Raps. Esposito came in to get Damon out of there but Payton didn't care. Esposito had 6 turnovers in 18 minutes, including back-to-back charging fouls drawn by Payton............. at half court! I remember turning to my buddy and saying, "that's how awesome I am when I play against my 5 year old nephew". Vincenzo Esposito everyone!

  19. Like Fully, Letter N liked this post
  20. #56
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    2,936
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I forgot about Pops Mensah-Bonsu!!
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

  21. #57
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,740
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The Tank Commander RASUUUUUUUUALLLLL BUTLER!
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

  22. #58
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,740
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    I STILL wish he was still on the team.

    The interviews with him alone were worth putting up with how crap he was.
    Post some up!
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

  23. #59
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,313
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    The Tank Commander RASUUUUUUUUALLLLL BUTLER!
    What about him?
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  24. #60
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,313
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    I STILL wish he was still on the team.

    The interviews with him alone were worth putting up with how crap he was.
    I remember him. But, I don't remember seeing any of his interviews.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •