Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toronto tried to land Josh Powell in order to keep Bosh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toronto tried to land Josh Powell in order to keep Bosh?

Also in Rumor Central: Tor tried to solidify hold on Bosh by trading Banks/O'Bryant for Sasha/Powell, Josh being one of Bosh's best friends.
    Twitter

Thoughts?

I guess it would have been more of an off-court move, none of these guys would get any run. Sasha maybe, but not much. Vince tried to have his way back in the day and that didn't end well. I think you have to let the GMs do their job and make the right basketball moves for the team. The players say it all the time, "this is a business" so you have to hope they understand the moves that are made(not always the case in today's NBA).

Comment

It would have been a neutral in terms of team impact. I think it was a smart play that he couldn't finalize... Yet anyway.

Comment

I don't believe it, I don't think BC is naive enough to believe that friendships with mediocre players is going to sway Bosh's decision. Rumour Central is full of shit.

Comment

Wouldn't make sense financially considering that Vujacic's contract is longer. Not worth digging ourselves into deeper mud.
          Toronto's Finest

Comment

Enough already on building cliques. I mean if this is the rationale what happens when you want to dump the player for whatever reason? Besides what message does it send to the rest of the team.

Comment

Very little considering they were moving two scrubs at the end of the bench. The Raptors weren't trading anything of value for Powell.

CripwalkinK wrote: View Post
              Wouldn't make sense financially considering that Vujacic's contract is longer. Not worth digging ourselves into deeper mud.
              Hoops Hype begs to differ:
              http://hoopshype.com/salaries/toronto.htm
              http://hoopshype.com/salaries/la_lakers.htm

Comment

no, everything seems to be even according to hoopshype.

when you think about it everything is basically identical poweel is as good as pob and martcus is as good as sasha.

although, when you dont play marcus for a really long time and you let him play its like releasing a tiger he plays moderately good.
                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

How did Bosh end up being friends with Josh Powell? Not trashing Powell, just curious.

Comment

Ripp wrote: View Post
                    How did Bosh end up being friends with Josh Powell? Not trashing Powell, just curious.
                    bbw

Comment

Working...
                    X