Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 398

Thread: Signs Of Tanking?

  1. #321
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,016
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Why would Rudy be unhappy in Charlotte?

    I think Rudy on Charlotte is a better team than the Raptors.
    Why unhappy?

    1. He just got re-united with his best friend (Lowry), and by all reports has begun a tight relationship with DeMar. He's human.
    2. By all accounts, the players on this team believe they can be very good, and have been putting in a lot of time together over the summer. Heck, the entire team, including newcomers Psycho T and Novak, got together in Vegas during Summer league, to bond and work out together.
    3. Where would you rather live? Charlotte or Toronto?

    As far as Charlotte being a better team. Really? I very strongly disagree, but we'll see.
    Last edited by p00ka; Thu Aug 15th, 2013 at 01:16 PM.

  2. Like Xixak liked this post
  3. #322
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,016
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Fully wrote: View Post
    It's a created narrative, and yes, the irony hurts.
    Well, I just provided some reasons I believe that. Do you have reasons to dispute it, or just content to take a cheap shot?

  4. Like Xixak liked this post
  5. #323
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,199
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote p00ka wrote: View Post
    Tank nation keeps talking about getting valuable prospects and valuable picks as if they can be simply cherry picked, yet when challenged to present something
    It's a pointless direction, though. We don't have enough info and insight, in the end.

    I think Atlanta makes some sense, they are trying to make the playoffs and they need a secondary creator and they need a SF; they also have great spacing which would allow Gay to pick his favorite spots. And they also have sexy young pieces to trade, like Shroeder, Nogueira, Jenkins, picks.

    I think to a lesser degree he makes sense for the Pistons and the Cavs. It sounds sad, but when it comes to the Cavs he would be a huge upgrade defensively, and they could use a real 3.

    Bucks, if they aren't tanking. They lack a SF starter, and Gay would certainly help them achieve .500, which seems to be their goal.

    Wizards. One of the better fits.

    Dallas. Although that would likely involve Vince coming back to Toronto, so I guess not.

    Wolves. They could definitely use him, except he'd be a rental there. They can't afford him long term. But on the other hand, they won't be able to afford to re-sign Derrick Williams / Shved either, so there are some interesting options here.

    But in the end, who thought that Bargnani would end up on the Knicks? That Thomas Robinson would get traded twice in a year after he seemed like everyone's favorite draft prospect? So it's all a fun bit of speculation, but it makes for a shitty argument in a discussion like this for either side.

  6. #324
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,286
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote p00ka wrote: View Post
    Why unhappy?

    1. He just got re-united with his best friend (Lowry), and by all reports has begun a tight relationship with DeMar. He's human.
    2. By all accounts, the players on this team believe they can be very good, and have been putting in a lot of time together over the summer. Heck, the entire team, including newcomers Psycho T and Novak, got together in Vegas during Summer league, to bond and work out together.
    3. Where would you rather live? Charlotte or Toronto?

    As far as Charlotte being a better team. Really? I very strongly disagree, but we'll see.
    1. What if Lowry was sent with him? The NBA appears to be a huge fraternity these days. I'm sure he and DD will remain friends and there are possibilities for new friendships there as well.

    2. With only DD, Amir, and Gray having more than 1 full season in Toronto I am a little leery here. But chemistry is important and can't be dismissed.

    3. I've never been to Charlotte. But I've heard good things plus the stereotypical advantages of an American playing in US.

  7. #325
    Raptors Republic All-Star Fully's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,191
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote p00ka wrote: View Post
    Well, I just provided some reasons I believe that. Do you have reasons to dispute it, or just content to take a cheap shot?
    You're using deductive reasoning, which I personally have no problem with. I actually agree with your logic that Gay would be unhappy (at least initially) if he was moved to Charlotte.
    However when Craiger used deductive reasoning to suggest that the Bobcats may be interested in accelerating their rise from the basement of the standings, you accused him of creating narratives.

    So yes, if you feel like you're above the same criticism that you hurled at someone else moments before... I find it ironic.

  8. Like LBF liked this post
  9. #326
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,286
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote p00ka wrote: View Post
    Well, I just provided some reasons I believe that. Do you have reasons to dispute it, or just content to take a cheap shot?
    So we can agree everyone is creating narratives to suit their opinion - myself included?

  10. #327
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,371
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Why hate Charlotte?

    "Take every crazy, angry idea your drunk, right-wing uncle mumbles at Thanksgiving, turn it into a law and that's North Carolina today." - Bill Maher
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  11. Like Axel liked this post
  12. #328
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,286
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Why hate Charlotte?
    Lol

    Oh

  13. #329
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,371
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Lol

    Oh
    They just passed a law making it legal to carry concealed firearms in bars and playgrounds. And that's just the beginning of Carolina craziness.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  14. #330
    Raptors Republic Starter jimmie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    491
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    They just passed a law making it legal to carry concealed firearms in bars and playgrounds.
    That sounds like it would be more attractive to the average American pro basketball player, not less attractive... ;-)
    Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

  15. Like Axel liked this post
  16. #331
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    744
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote jimmie wrote: View Post
    That sounds like it would be more attractive to the average American pro basketball player, not less attractive... ;-)
    Be very careful what you say. That wasn't even remotely close to being funny

  17. #332
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,016
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    So we can agree everyone is creating narratives to suit their opinion - myself included?
    haha, so true

  18. #333
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,016
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote jimmie wrote: View Post
    That sounds like it would be more attractive to the average American pro basketball player, not less attractive... ;-)
    Unless you're an Afro- American. Remember, The #1,2,3 sport of the people who created that law is NASCAR, where I see a virtual all white community.

  19. #334
    Raptors Republic Starter jimmie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    491
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Xixak wrote: View Post
    Be very careful what you say. That wasn't even remotely close to being funny
    That's rich.
    Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

  20. #335
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,521
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Xixak wrote: View Post
    Be very careful what you say. That wasn't even remotely close to being funny
    Gilbert Arenas, Javaris Crittenton, Stephen Jackson, Terrence Williams and Delonte West beg to differ lol

    Yosemite_Sam.jpg


    It was only a joke.. lighten up a little!


    LINK: http://basketball.about.com/od/histo...uspensions.htm

  21. Like Axel, mcHAPPY liked this post
  22. #336
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,371
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  23. #337
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    744
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Gilbert Arenas, Javaris Crittenton, Stephen Jackson, Terrence Williams and Delonte West beg to differ lol

    Yosemite_Sam.jpg


    It was only a joke.. lighten up a little!


    LINK: http://basketball.about.com/od/histo...uspensions.htm
    It's a tasteless joke. The actions of a few do not represent the desires and/or actions of an entire group.

    Not funny at all.

  24. #338
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,521
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Xixak wrote: View Post
    It's a tasteless joke. The actions of a few do not represent the desires and/or actions of an entire group.

    Not funny at all.
    Oh come on, seriously? The NBA has long had a reputation of being a 'gangster/thug' league, from all the gun/drug incidents, to teams fighting in the stands, to Stern famously air-brushing AI's tattoos off for a magazine cover, to the league's enforced dress code for players. lol

    Not funny to you, perhaps. You're hardly the official RR authority on all things humor.

  25. Like Axel, mcHAPPY liked this post
  26. #339
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,330
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Xixak wrote: View Post
    It's a tasteless joke. The actions of a few do not represent the desires and/or actions of an entire group.

    Not funny at all.
    Holy crap..make the world a better place and punch Xixak in the face.

    Buddy, you've insulted and degraded so many posters on here that your personal feelings on subjects are null in-void.

    You take issue with a joke and want something to be done about it? You should of thought of that before you went around calling everyone sarcastically "dude" and "bro" and telling them to "stop" and that they're "on crack" and "what on earth (are they talking about?)..."
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  27. Like Axel, lilmamba_, wallz liked this post
  28. #340
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    744
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    Holy crap..make the world a better place and punch Xixak in the face.

    Buddy, you've insulted and degraded so many posters on here that your personal feelings on subjects are null in-void.

    You take issue with a joke and want something to be done about it? You should of thought of that before you went around calling everyone sarcastically "dude" and "bro" and telling them to "stop" and that they're "on crack" and "what on earth (are they talking about?)..."
    Umm calling someone "dude" or "bro" is not an insult by any stretch of the imagination. I start conversations with my friends like that... so if you're taking it as trying to degrade someone, then Lord help you.

    Saying "stop" or "what on earth" and making a general reference (not I did not say any specific poster was on crack) to being "on crack" are not even in the same category as making a racially charged joke. Just because some "thugs" or "gangsters" might have played in the NBA before or still play in it currently does not mean that the players in the league would find a gun-favoring environment attractive. It's an incredibly ignorant thing to say. And I'm only using the word "ignorant" to put it lightly.

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •