No announcement yet.

Rajon Rondo deal in the works?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Step 1: I read the thread title and think "oh my god, Raps must be giving up a lot..." I feel anxious, but excited...

Step 2: I click on the thread link and I read... Ross, Fields, Lowry for Rondo. I'm like really excited, but REALLY suspicious at the same time as my realist part of the brain says "no way! can't be that easy" and my ever hopeful part of the brain tries to convince me that miracles do happen... sometimes... "you know, Rondo is hurt... bla, bla..."

Step 3: after 2 seconds my eyes catch a line with the word "bleacherreport".... I'm devasted!

Step 4: I laugh at myself for obvious reasons... yet I wonder how could I have let myself be tricked that easily in the first place. The whole super emotional experience lasted for less that 20 seconds. Being a fan is totally ridiculous, just like this very post of mine

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      For Rondo they would want the 2014 pick involved I would think.
      Are we even allowed to trade out 2014 1st? Since we traded our 2013 we shouldn't be allowed to correct?

Comment

yeah why not, who needs anybody on the floor who can shoot?

Comment

BadDinosaur wrote: View Post
          Step 1: I read the thread title and think "oh my god, Raps must be giving up a lot..." I feel anxious, but excited...

Step 2: I click on the thread link and I read... Ross, Fields, Lowry for Rondo. I'm like really excited, but REALLY suspicious at the same time as my realist part of the brain says "no way! can't be that easy" and my ever hopeful part of the brain tries to convince me that miracles do happen... sometimes... "you know, Rondo is hurt... bla, bla..."

Step 3: after 2 seconds my eyes catch a line with the word "bleacherreport".... I'm devasted!

Step 4: I laugh at myself for obvious reasons... yet I wonder how could I have let myself be tricked that easily in the first place. The whole super emotional experience lasted for less that 20 seconds. Being a fan is totally ridiculous, just like this very post of mine
          lol I had the same experience except I was crushed as soon as I saw post #2 of this thread

Comment

Too risky. If rondo plays like ass then we just gave up a ton of good pieces for an injury prone pg in his prime

Comment

tucas wrote: View Post
              Are we even allowed to trade out 2014 1st? Since we traded our 2013 we shouldn't be allowed to correct?
              I think the Raptors merely need to have a 1st round draft choice. If a third team came in offering a late round pick going to the Raptors I think this would suffice. Can anyone confirm this?

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                I think the Raptors merely need to have a 1st round draft choice. If a third team came in offering a late round pick going to the Raptors I think this would suffice. Can anyone confirm this?
                Nailed it.
                From Larry Coons FAQ, Q85:
                Teams are required to have only a first round pick, and not necessarily their own first round pick. Teams may trade away their own future picks in consecutive years if they have another team's first round pick in one of those years.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                  Too risky. If rondo plays like ass then we just gave up a ton of good pieces for an injury prone pg in his prime
                  First, I don't see him as being injury prone. It's not like he has a body made out of glass (Oden type), he just had some real injuries, that can happen to anybody accidentaly in basketball... and he's tough (played with that broken arm or whatever...)

Second, he is one of the best passers, who really creates shots for others. There are very few point guards or overall players like that in the league - Nash, CP3, LeBron come to mind... and maybe another 2-3 players in the entire league! Other PGs just make the obvious situational passes and get their assists mostly by virtue of playing a lot of minutes alone.

Third, he is REALLY elite when it comes to defending this position.

I'd give away the package mentioned in this "rumor" in a heartbeat for Rondo.

Oh, and I think Rondo would turn JV into an all-star like right away, considering how active JV is on those pick n' rolls and all...
                  Last edited by BadDinosaur; Sat Aug 3, 2013, 10:58 PM.

Comment

I would take it. Too bad it won't happen.
                    You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                      Did you notice Fields was included in the proposed deal? I think that easily overcomes any long term injury risk with Rondo, of which I think there is none (last year was the only season he played less than 80% of the games).

Comment

I'd do this trade in a heartbeat.

The only problem with it is that we'd REALLY need a PF that can hit the three or our spacing wouldn't be very good.

Comment

Xixak wrote: View Post

The only problem with it is that we'd REALLY need a PF that can hit the three or our spacing wouldn't be very good.
                          What Xixak's is saying is that he's upset that Bargnani was traded.
                          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                            What Xixak's is saying is that he's upset that Bargnani was traded.
                            Dude I don't have a problem with you, we just don't agree on John Wall's donation intent. Please let's not make this a thing or a rivalry or whatever, I'm not interested.

And I'm not talking about Bargnani, I'd want a stretch four who can also rebound and play solid team defense.

Comment

Dude I don't have a problem with you, we just don't agree on John Wall's donation intent. Please let's not make this a thing or a rivalry or whatever, I'm not interested.

And I'm not talking about Bargnani, I'd want a stretch four who can also rebound and play solid team defense.
                              Oh sorry, did I presume you meant Bargnani? Did I put words in your mouth?

I apologize. I'll make sure to do a better job of controlling myself.

So, you went from wanting Barhnani to Dirk Nowitzki..
                              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

The only problem with it is that we'd REALLY need a PF that can hit the
                                three or our spacing wouldn't be very good.
                                No. KG didn't shoot threes and they won a chip. Amir and JV need to knock down their midrange looks and hopefully Gay and DeMar can improve on their threes. Otherwise Gay or Demar or both will be traded...

Comment

Working...
                                X