Rajon Rondo deal in the works?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo wrote: View Post
    I think the Raptors merely need to have a 1st round draft choice. If a third team came in offering a late round pick going to the Raptors I think this would suffice. Can anyone confirm this?
    joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Nailed it.
    From Larry Coons FAQ, Q85:
    It is true you can't trade away 2 consecutive draft picks.

However....

Once the draft is done with, like the 2013 pick for Toronto, a team is free to trade another first round pick the next season, like the 2014 pick sticking with the example of Toronto.

The two draft pick rule is forward looking.

So right now 2014 can be traded but 2015 cannot unless another pick is acquired in 2014 or 2015 from another team.

As soon as the 2014 draft is over, Toronto would hypothetically be free to trade both 2015 and 2016 picks because they have a 2016 pick coming from NY/DEN.

Comment

This should be moved to the trade proposal forum should it not?

I just feel like being a troll and moderating.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Xixak wrote: View Post
        Or a guy like Ryan Anderson maybe?

Kevin Love isn't the only stretch 4 in the league that actually rebounds
        but, he's the best one
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

Xixak wrote: View Post
          Dude I don't have a problem with you, we just don't agree on John Wall's donation intent. Please let's not make this a thing or a rivalry or whatever, I'm not interested.

And I'm not talking about Bargnani, I'd want a stretch four who can also rebound and play solid team defense.
          Raptors should do this deal but this doesn't seem like an ujiri type move. If we did this deal we would have to go after ilyasova
          ya dun noe

Comment

We should get Rondo, he would be a huge boost over Lowry, Ross, Fields, and 1st rounders. We should also pry one of Courtney Lee or Olynyk from the team.

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
              we should get rondo, he would be a huge boost over lowry, ross, fields, and 1st rounders. We should also pry one of courtney lee or olynyk from the team.
              hello

Comment

We should get Rondo, he would be a huge boost over Lowry, Ross, Fields, and 1st rounders. We should also pry one of Courtney Lee or Olynyk from the team.
                Hahaha. Yes Rondo would be a huge boost over the 85 million players you just mentioned..I say trade the whole team including all the office staff and the towel boys for Rondo

Comment

I'd keep Lowry, Fields, and Ross. If we still had Kleiza I would sell Ross, Fields, and Kleiza and the first rounder for Rondo.

Edit: How old is Rondo?

Comment

brickwall281 wrote: View Post
                    I'd keep Lowry, Fields, and Ross. If we still had Kleiza I would sell Ross, Fields, and Kleiza and the first rounder for Rondo.

Wha? Kleiza? Really? How does... Nevermind. Not sure I want to know.

Rondo is 27.

Comment

brickwall281 wrote: View Post

I'd trade my stapler for a Ferrari too but neither is happening anytime soon.

Comment

Umm some of you guys are a little crazy.

If we can get Rondo without trading DD, Gay, Amir or Valanciunas.... that is a no-brainer basically unless they're asking for like 3 1st round picks or we have to take back G-Force. It's highly unlikely that we'd be able to pull this off though anyway.

Hassan mentioned Ilyasova as a secondary move. He would be an absolutely perfect fit in that lineup although I have no idea what we would offer for him.

Comment

Getting Rondo and Olynyk in the same deal would be highway robbery. Not sure how KO would fit in though, with JV set as our long term center.
                          Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

yea, lets totally get rondo like who needs bench scoring anyways...
                            What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                            The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                            No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

Bench scoring is easy to find. Elite players are not.

Comment

We're giving up alot for rondo (I know Ross and Fields play like shit half of the time but we need them) its not like he's going to take us any further than lowry would take us
                                What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                                The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                                No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

Working...
                                X