Rajon Rondo deal in the works?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
    We're giving up alot for rondo (I know Ross and Fields play like shit half of the time but we need them) its not like he's going to take us any further than lowry would take us
    Why do you think we need Ross and Fields?

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
      Why do you think we need Ross and Fields?
      Because without them Demar is the only shooting guard left on the team.
      You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
        Because without them Demar is the only shooting guard left on the team.
        So you're assuming after we lose those two we don't sign anyone to take their spots on the roster?

Comment

So you're assuming after we lose those two we don't sign anyone to take their spots on the roster?
          Gilbert Arenas and T-Mac
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Who do we sign?
            You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Who do we sign?
              Who cares.

Who did Houston sign after they traded 4 guys for Harden?
              Who did NY sign when they traded 5 for Carmelo?
              Who did Clippers sign when they traded for CP3?

The difference between Fields, Ross and the guy sitting on waivers right now is not that significant.

Comment

Xixak wrote: View Post
                Umm some of you guys are a little crazy.

If we can get Rondo without trading DD, Gay, Amir or Valanciunas.... that is a no-brainer basically unless they're asking for like 3 1st round picks or we have to take back G-Force. It's highly unlikely that we'd be able to pull this off though anyway.

Hassan mentioned Ilyasova as a secondary move. He would be an absolutely perfect fit in that lineup although I have no idea what we would offer for him.
                Why does everything with you have to start with condemning people? What exactly is your fucking problem?
                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

If there really was a deal for Rondo on the table that included the aforementioned players, you gotta take it. Even if he doesn't quite come back as well from that injury, his contract isn't long term and the price you paid isn't that steep.

Comment

We're giving up alot for rondo (I know Ross and Fields play like shit half of the time but we need them) its not like he's going to take us any further than lowry would take us
                    The gap in talent between Rondo and Lowry is much wider than you think, imo.

Comment

yea, lets totally get rondo like who needs bench scoring anyways...
                      What on earth....

Anytime you can get an all-star player in his prime you do it.

Comment

Who do we sign?
                        If a trade like this actually happened, we wouldn't NEED to sign anyone. Newsflash, if we're sending Boston Fields there is NO WAY they don't make us take back Courtney Lee's contract. Regardless of Lowry, Ross and whatever picks we're sending. In which case Lee would slot in nicely behind DeMar as our backup 2. He's a better player than Ross and Fields right now anyway, almost a 40% career 3PT shooter and a great defender. Just overpaid.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mna8jca

That trade is much more realistic (of course we'd send a 2014 or 2015 1st and/or one of our 2016s as well).

Comment

What on earth....

Anytime you can get an all-star player in his prime you do it.
                          oh wooow, hey everyone lets get carmelo in 2016 for demar, rudy, lowry and every other fuckin player on the team
                          no you just dont go out and get any all star you see, is rondo going to help us win games, i dont think so. he's gonna do the same shit lowry does he's not gonna take us any further in the playoffs.
                          What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                          The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                          No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

We can't trade our 2014 pick unless we get another one from somewhere else.
                            They can trade it, why not?

Or maybe you mean that they shouldn't. In which case I agree, I much prefer legit retool rather than gamble on Rondo's health and that he stays in his prime long enough. Jonas is young, so the Raptors can afford to take it a bit slower and safer.

Comment

oh wooow, hey everyone lets get carmelo in 2016 for demar, rudy, lowry and every other fuckin player on the team
                              no you just dont go out and get any all star you see, is rondo going to help us win games, i dont think so. he's gonna do the same shit lowry does he's not gonna take us any further in the playoffs.
                              Way to use an extreme example, fair enough though since I did make a pretty bad blanket statement.

That being said, you really wouldn't trade Lowry+Ross+Fields+ 2016 1st for Rondo and Lee?

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                              They can trade it, why not?

Or maybe you mean that they shouldn't. In which case I agree, I much prefer legit retool rather than gamble on Rondo's health and that he stays in his prime long enough. Jonas is young, so the Raptors can afford to take it a bit slower and safer.
                              Actually I meant can't but now I'm not sure. Maybe the consecutive picks rule only applies to future picks.

Comment

Way to use an extreme example, fair enough though since I did make a pretty bad blanket statement.

That being said, you really wouldn't trade Lowry+Ross+Fields+ 2016 1st for Rondo and Lee?

Actually I meant can't but now I'm not sure. Maybe the consecutive picks rule only applies to future picks.
                                ahh i see, yes, it's only future picks. Can't trade 2014 and 15, can trade 2014 and 16.

Comment

Working...
                                X