Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Rajon Rondo deal in the works?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote tucas wrote: View Post
    Are we even allowed to trade out 2014 1st? Since we traded our 2013 we shouldn't be allowed to correct?
    I think the Raptors merely need to have a 1st round draft choice. If a third team came in offering a late round pick going to the Raptors I think this would suffice. Can anyone confirm this?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    I think the Raptors merely need to have a 1st round draft choice. If a third team came in offering a late round pick going to the Raptors I think this would suffice. Can anyone confirm this?
    Nailed it.
    From Larry Coons FAQ, Q85:
    Teams are required to have only a first round pick, and not necessarily their own first round pick. Teams may trade away their own future picks in consecutive years if they have another team's first round pick in one of those years.
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Too risky. If rondo plays like ass then we just gave up a ton of good pieces for an injury prone pg in his prime
    First, I don't see him as being injury prone. It's not like he has a body made out of glass (Oden type), he just had some real injuries, that can happen to anybody accidentaly in basketball... and he's tough (played with that broken arm or whatever...)

Second, he is one of the best passers, who really creates shots for others. There are very few point guards or overall players like that in the league - Nash, CP3, LeBron come to mind... and maybe another 2-3 players in the entire league! Other PGs just make the obvious situational passes and get their assists mostly by virtue of playing a lot of minutes alone.

Third, he is REALLY elite when it comes to defending this position.

I'd give away the package mentioned in this "rumor" in a heartbeat for Rondo.

Oh, and I think Rondo would turn JV into an all-star like right away, considering how active JV is on those pick n' rolls and all...
    Last edited by BadDinosaur; Sat Aug 3rd, 2013 at 10:58 PM.

4. Like Letter N, Mediumcore liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I would take it. Too bad it won't happen.

Raptors Republic All-Star Primer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Too risky. If rondo plays like ass then we just gave up a ton of good pieces for an injury prone pg in his prime
    Did you notice Fields was included in the proposed deal? I think that easily overcomes any long term injury risk with Rondo, of which I think there is none (last year was the only season he played less than 80% of the games).

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd do this trade in a heartbeat.

The only problem with it is that we'd REALLY need a PF that can hit the three or our spacing wouldn't be very good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Xixak wrote: View Post

The only problem with it is that we'd REALLY need a PF that can hit the three or our spacing wouldn't be very good.
    What Xixak's is saying is that he's upset that Bargnani was traded.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    What Xixak's is saying is that he's upset that Bargnani was traded.
    Dude I don't have a problem with you, we just don't agree on John Wall's donation intent. Please let's not make this a thing or a rivalry or whatever, I'm not interested.

And I'm not talking about Bargnani, I'd want a stretch four who can also rebound and play solid team defense.

Post Thanks / Like

Dude I don't have a problem with you, we just don't agree on John Wall's donation intent. Please let's not make this a thing or a rivalry or whatever, I'm not interested.

And I'm not talking about Bargnani, I'd want a stretch four who can also rebound and play solid team defense.
    Oh sorry, did I presume you meant Bargnani? Did I put words in your mouth?

I apologize. I'll make sure to do a better job of controlling myself.

So, you went from wanting Barhnani to Dirk Nowitzki..
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

The only problem with it is that we'd REALLY need a PF that can hit the
    three or our spacing wouldn't be very good.
    No. KG didn't shoot threes and they won a chip. Amir and JV need to knock down their midrange looks and hopefully Gay and DeMar can improve on their threes. Otherwise Gay or Demar or both will be traded...

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh sorry, did I presume you meant Bargnani? Did I put words in your mouth?

I apologize. I'll make sure to do a better job of controlling myself.

So, you went from wanting Barhnani to Dirk Nowitzki..
    I think he might be thinking of someone like K. Love... but I still don't like it... it's not 2K here

Post Thanks / Like

Quote BadDinosaur wrote: View Post
    I think he might be thinking of someone like K. Love... but I still don't like it... it's not 2K here
    Good luck with that. Trade away draft picks for the next four years trying to get Rondo and Love

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck with that. Trade away draft picks for the next four years trying to get Rondo and Love
    Exactly... there's just too many things I don't like about this idea, I'm not even interested going into detail.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

If Rondo was healthy, it would be a good trade. But he isn't, so it's a little questionable.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote BadDinosaur wrote: View Post
    Exactly... there's just too many things I don't like about this idea, I'm not even interested going into detail.
    Don't have the assets anyways

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Rondo isnt injury prone he tore his ACL ya but the guy is a competitor. Need I remind you he played with a dislocated shoulder?

HEART! Rondo aint no Tin Man and he literally was the Celtics.

Raptors Republic Starter Dino4life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont think Rondo injury issues are a problem, even if he gets injured he feels no pain. Dude was walking around for 24 hours before they told him he tore his ACL. I have never seen someone tear his ACL then walk around without assistance of some sort.

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Dino4life wrote: View Post
    I dont think Rondo injury issues are a problem, even if he gets injured he feels no pain. Dude was walking around for 24 hours before they told him he tore his ACL. I have never seen someone tear his ACL then walk around without assistance of some sort.
    I tear my ACL back in 2007 playing soccer. I was able to walk, I thought It's just a usual bump nothing serious, but when the pain got worse ( week or so ) I had CT scan which confirmed that I have tear ACL.

So I'm pretty sure Rondo did not have tore acl, only a tear, that's why he was able to walk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Rondo isnt injury prone he tore his ACL ya but the guy is a competitor. Need I remind you he played with a dislocated shoulder?

HEART! Rondo aint no Tin Man and he literally was the Celtics.
    I've had a dislocated shoulder and I could play basketball. Effectively, though...is another issue.

21. Like lilmamba_ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've had a dislocated shoulder and I could play basketball. Effectively, though...is another issue.
    Man, don't compare yourself to Rondo lol

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information