Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Rajon Rondo deal in the works?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Xixak wrote: View Post
    And how will you guarantee that we acquire such a player and don't end up drafting someone worse than the players we already have?
    How will i hwat??Guarantee?

How the fuck am I supposed to answer that?

Get out of here with your trick questions and traps.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    How will i hwat??Guarantee?

How the fuck am I supposed to answer that?

Get out of here with your trick questions and traps.
    It's not a trick question.

What method is there that would guarantee we can acquire such a player?

Or hell maybe not even guarantees, but gives us a realistic chance and/or puts the odds in our favour to land a superstar.

EDIT: Let's do some hypothetical math here

There's probably one superstar in every other draft, or maybe 2 in every 3 drafts. So let's say the chance of a superstar being in any given draft is about 66%.

Now most of the time... I don't have a percentage for this and it's not always, but most of the time to get the superstar in a draft you need the #1 pick. This is especially true when there is a clear-cut consensus #1 player in the draft (Davis, Kyrie, Dwight, LeBron, Yao, DRose, etc)

Now let's assume the Raptors can tear the roster down and make the team as bad as Utah, Phoenix, Charlotte, Orlando, Sacramento and maybe Milwaukee. So for argument's sake let's say that's 7 teams including Toronto with equal capability of finishing last in the NBA. So the odds of Toronto getting that last place spot are around 14%.

Now if we do get that last place spot, the chance of getting the #1 pick is 25%. To be nicer about this, let's renege on what we said earlier and say we only need a top 3 pick. So assuming we can get that last slot, the odds of us getting a top 3 pick are 64.3%. Giving us the chance to potentially land a superstar player.

If all these things come into place we have:

Odds of a superstar being in the draft: 66%
    Odds of finishing last place: 14%
    Odds of getting a top 3 pick: 64.3%

0.66*0.14*0.643 = 0.059.

So based on this we'd have a 5.9% chance of landing a superstar in the draft.
    Last edited by Xixak; Wed Aug 7th, 2013 at 01:08 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Theres no method that would guarantee anything. Theyre all flawed. You know that. That is why its a trick question.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Raptors Republic Superstar lilmamba_'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not a trick question.

What method is there that would guarantee we can acquire such a player?

Or hell maybe not even guarantees, but gives us a realistic chance and/or puts the odds in our favour to land a superstar.

EDIT: Let's do some hypothetical math here

There's probably one superstar in every other draft, or maybe 2 in every 3 drafts. So let's say the chance of a superstar being in any given draft is about 66%.

Now most of the time... I don't have a percentage for this and it's not always, but most of the time to get the superstar in a draft you need the #1 pick. This is especially true when there is a clear-cut consensus #1 player in the draft (Davis, Kyrie, Dwight, LeBron, Yao, DRose, etc)

Now let's assume the Raptors can tear the roster down and make the team as bad as Utah, Phoenix, Charlotte, Orlando, Sacramento and maybe Milwaukee. So for argument's sake let's say that's 7 teams including Toronto with equal capability of finishing last in the NBA. So the odds of Toronto getting that last place spot are around 14%.

Now if we do get that last place spot, the chance of getting the #1 pick is 25%. To be nicer about this, let's renege on what we said earlier and say we only need a top 3 pick. So assuming we can get that last slot, the odds of us getting a top 3 pick are 64.3%. Giving us the chance to potentially land a superstar player.

If all these things come into place we have:

Odds of a superstar being in the draft: 66%
    Odds of finishing last place: 14%
    Odds of getting a top 3 pick: 64.3%

0.66*0.14*0.643 = 0.059.

So based on this we'd have a 5.9% chance of landing a superstar in the draft.
    loooooooooooool, this man replies with a whole 12 paragraphs xD
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
    loooooooooooool, this man replies with a whole 12 paragraphs xD
    More like 12 line breaks. That's probably 2 paragraphs.

6. Like lilmamba_ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So this rumour is all bullshit right? Is it safe to assume the teams haven't even talked to each other?
    "You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in: I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No! I am the one who knocks!"

- Walter White

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mr.Z wrote: View Post
    So this rumour is all bullshit right? Is it safe to assume the teams haven't even talked to each other?
    No, its not safe to assume that they haven't talked to each other. I might say it's safe to assume they haven't talked to each other about Rondo.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

No, its not safe to assume that they haven't talked to each other. I might say it's safe to assume they haven't talked to each other about Rondo.
    Actually it isn't safe to assume any of that considering we have no idea what actually goes on behind the scenes.

Ujiri so far in his career as a GM hasn't really been the type to leak anything. They may have talked to Boston about Rondo, we don't know that so it isn't really safe to make an assumption either way.

The only thing we can assume is that the "people on twitter" that the OP was talking about are just pulling this out of their asses.

Post Thanks / Like

Actually it isn't safe to assume any of that considering we have no idea what actually goes on behind the scenes.

Ujiri so far in his career as a GM hasn't really been the type to leak anything. They may have talked to Boston about Rondo, we don't know that so it isn't really safe to make an assumption either way.

The only thing we can assume is that the "people on twitter" that the OP was talking about are just pulling this out of their asses.
    No, you can assume they haven't talked about Rondo because everything we know from Boston says that Rondo is not available.

So, it is therefore "safe" to assume they haven't talked about Rondo.

Not saying that is a fact. But if anything to "assume" that would be it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

No, you can assume they haven't talked about Rondo because everything we know from Boston says that Rondo is not available.

So, it is therefore "safe" to assume they haven't talked about Rondo.

Not saying that is a fact. But if anything to "assume" that would be it.
    Actually, even if Boston said Rondo is not available that doesn't mean Ujiri hasn't contacted them about him lol.

Your logic is a little flawed my friend

Post Thanks / Like

Obviously that's what I meant
    "You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in: I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No! I am the one who knocks!"

- Walter White

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, even if Boston said Rondo is not available that doesn't mean Ujiri hasn't contacted them about him lol.

Your logic is a little flawed my friend
    It's an assumption of course it's flawed...I don't think you grasp that.

Now, the question was is it "safe to assume". So if they say Rondo is not available it is therefore safe to assume that there would be no talk about somebody who is unavailable.

This does not mean it is a fact, nor the truth. But, the question was asking if it was safe to assume. Not if its a fact or true.

Your reading skills are a little flawed my friend
    Last edited by LBF; Thu Aug 8th, 2013 at 09:52 AM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread Information