No announcement yet.

Nash, Wiggins and Canadian National Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By the kid at FSU, you mean Xavier Rathan-Mayes? He's got a bit of academic trouble and was ruled ineligible for the NCAA year. Not that it disqualifies him for next summer's team, but it probably sets him back a bit. I agree with your post though, one of the other young PGs needs to step up. My hunch is that Kabongo spends next year in the d-league, while Cadougan goes to Europe. There's Pangos, and Ennis (at Syracuse) might get a look next summer, too. But I've got no idea which of that group is going to emerge as the best international option.

Comment

Jermaine Anderson is the choice as sub pg right now. He started ahead of Joseph in 2011 and works well with the second unit which mostly was the first unit in 2009 and 2011. Cadougan can play but is new to the international game.

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
        By the kid at FSU, you mean Xavier Rathan-Mayes? He's got a bit of academic trouble and was ruled ineligible for the NCAA year. Not that it disqualifies him for next summer's team, but it probably sets him back a bit. I agree with your post though, one of the other young PGs needs to step up. My hunch is that Kabongo spends next year in the d-league, while Cadougan goes to Europe. There's Pangos, and Ennis (at Syracuse) might get a look next summer, too. But I've got no idea which of that group is going to emerge as the best international option.
        That news about Rathan-Mayes sucks. Hopefully he's allowed to practice with the team...I totally forgot about Ennis.

stretch wrote: View Post
        Jermaine Anderson is the choice as sub pg right now. He started ahead of Joseph in 2011 and works well with the second unit which mostly was the first unit in 2009 and 2011. Cadougan can play but is new to the international game.
        I think Anderson is a great player to have on the team, I just really liked how he was alongside Joseph and feel that being the third point guard would give his role more flexibility. Also, looking strictly at the Mexico game there was a big gap between Anderson (who's steady in his role) and where Corey Joseph is right now.

Comment

Canada dropped 16 threes. god damn.

edit, i thought i was surprised. then i remembered triano is coaching this team.
          Last edited by phez; Thu Sep 5, 2013, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X