No announcement yet.

Nash, Wiggins and Canadian National Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regarding Robert Sacre, from somebody that has spoken to Canada Basketball people:

"He was invited and after discussion with Canada Basketball officials, it was decided he’d be better off spending the summer working with the Lakers to enhance his NBA life. "

Comment

Regarding Robert Sacre, from somebody that has spoken to Canada Basketball people:

"He was invited and after discussion with Canada Basketball officials, it was decided he’d be better off spending the summer working with the Lakers to enhance his NBA life. "

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post

Sounds reasonable to me, solidify your future and be ready for 2016!
        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
          I feel like an idiot for forgetting about Nicholson. But, Kris Joseph I think is out of the NBA for good, just like I don't think Kabongo will ever make it. My worry about this team is that it never has really overachieved, we can fall below the likes of Puerto Rico, DR and Venezuela again instead of competing with Brazil and Argentina where we belong. I hope this year is different, but I'm still skeptical.
          I think Canada will qualify for the World Cup, that's the main goal. I can not see the Dominican Rep. and Venezuela finishing ahead of Canada because Horford and Vasquez are so important to them and are missing this tournament. Venezuela is the host team, though.

Comment

Cory Joseph, Rock Anderson, Carl English, and Any Rautins makes for a pretty good 4 guard unit for this tournament, great shooting, lots of international games under their belts. Add in Thompson, Anthony, Kendal and Nicholson and we should be in good shape for this tournament.
            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
              I feel like an idiot for forgetting about Nicholson. But, Kris Joseph I think is out of the NBA for good, just like I don't think Kabongo will ever make it. My worry about this team is that it never has really overachieved, we can fall below the likes of Puerto Rico, DR and Venezuela again instead of competing with Brazil and Argentina where we belong. I hope this year is different, but I'm still skeptical.
              I'm still a bit nervous too since we don't quite have our A-squad yet (Wiggins, Bennett, Olynyk would be on that), but this is certainly the most talented team we've ever fielded in my opinion. By the 2016 Olympics we should be considered a top 5 program and one of the favorites to medal. A far cry from the utter crap we've been fielding since Nash stopped competing for Team Canada.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                I'm still a bit nervous too since we don't quite have our A-squad yet (Wiggins, Bennett, Olynyk would be on that), but this is certainly the most talented team we've ever fielded in my opinion. By the 2016 Olympics we should be considered a top 5 program and one of the favorites to medal. A far cry from the utter crap we've been fielding since Nash stopped competing for Team Canada.
                "Utter crap" is pretty harsh for all those pro players that gave up their summers to play in FIBA tournaments where they sometimes played 8 games in 9 days. Players like Joel Anthony, Jessie Young, Carl English, Jermaine Anderson, Levon Kendall, Andy Rautins and the Dornekamp brothers just to name a few.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                  "Utter crap" is pretty harsh for all those pro players that gave up their summers to play in FIBA tournaments where they sometimes played 8 games in 9 days. Players like Joel Anthony, Jessie Young, Carl English, Jermaine Anderson, Levon Kendall, Andy Rautins and the Dornekamp brothers just to name a few.
                  Glad to see that someone else appreciates the effort of the guys that were playing. Sure the results were nto what we wanted, but we represented with class and I know the guys who were heavily involved in the program over the last decade will give back. I am excited for the new generation, but there are still some vets that need to be there to pass the torch.
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

The National team is playing Jamaica twice this week on Thursday and Saturday at 7 pm at Mattamy Athletic Centre (the old Maple Leaf Gardens?).

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
                      Glad to see that someone else appreciates the effort of the guys that were playing. Sure the results were nto what we wanted, but we represented with class and I know the guys who were heavily involved in the program over the last decade will give back. I am excited for the new generation, but there are still some vets that need to be there to pass the torch.
                      Should I give them a cookie for doing their best? Every player on every international team makes those same sacrifices, the Canadian players didn't do anything special. Fact is Team Canada has been horrendous since Nash left. I could have phrased it more nice (the team has been lackluster), but I also could have phrased it more mean (the team has been an embarrassment to Canada).

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                        WJF wrote: View Post
                        Should I give them a cookie for doing their best? Every player on every international team makes those same sacrifices, the Canadian players didn't do anything special. Fact is Team Canada has been horrendous since Nash left. I could have phrased it more nice (the team has been lackluster), but I also could have phrased it more mean (the team has been an embarrassment to Canada).
                        As someone who speaks of these lads who put the maple leaf on, and work their tails off for multiple summers, as "utter crap" and "an embarrassment to Canada", as if they owe you something more personally, I hope you offer yourself up to CANADA as something we can trumpet as your great contribution to the country's pride. What is that?

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
                          As someone who speaks of these lads who put the maple leaf on, and work their tails off for multiple summers, as "utter crap" and "an embarrassment to Canada", as if they owe you something more personally, I hope you offer yourself up to CANADA as something we can trumpet as your great contribution to the country's pride. What is that?
                          Amen.

Comment

You know what, you don't even have to offer yourself up. Have you donated even $50 to the cause of improved basketball for the national team? Given up even one meal at the Keg or Milestones, or Montanas, or even Swiss Chalet? If not, you haven't bought the right to talk down anybody who has given up their summer or weekend or even 12 hours working for the national squad.

Stupid prick.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                              You know what, you don't even have to offer yourself up. Have you donated even $50 to the cause of improved basketball for the national team? Given up even one meal at the Keg or Milestones, or Montanas, or even Swiss Chalet? If not, you haven't bought the right to talk down anybody who has given up their summer or weekend or even 12 hours working for the national squad.

Stupid prick.
                              I'm with big Puff on this one. No need to be such a dick, these guys put in time and effort to rep our Country

Comment

We haven't been "utter crap" either. We haven't been great, good or maybe not even average. But " utter crap" is untrue.
                                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
                                X