Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESPN 5-on-5: Rudy Gay most Overrated Small Forward.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I saw comment about Lowry and Gay (in a way) playing for contract years:

Uriji probably knows the potential trade value Lowry and Gay after playing like all-stars. He may blow it up after the 2014 draft and we'll be looking forward to 2015 and 2016 when Jonas and said lottery picks come to their own.

Comment

• Fair89 wrote: View Post
      I saw comment about Lowry and Gay (in a way) playing for contract years:

Uriji probably knows the potential trade value Lowry and Gay after playing like all-stars. He may blow it up after the 2014 draft and we'll be looking forward to 2015 and 2016 when Jonas and said lottery picks come to their own.
      I hope not. If he blows it up, he better do it prior to the stacked 2014 draft

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
        Ignoring salary, Memphis could've definitely used a shot-creating wing capable of working in isolation in short clock situations.
        Yep this is understated, it cost them bigtime in the WCF where they played against an elite defense for the first time. That's why Gasol, Conley and Z-bo all shot under 40%.

Vykis wrote: View Post
        Stating that Pierce was a role player last season is retarded: 18,6pts 6,3 rebs 4,8asts plus he seemed like the leader on offense and was the #1 option, especialy, when a clutch shot was needed, yes he's getting older, doesnt have the same athleticism, but he's still a great all around player and probably was the third best SF last season
        Agree with this, except he was 4th best (LBJ KD Melo then him)

Fair89 wrote: View Post
        I saw comment about Lowry and Gay (in a way) playing for contract years:

Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
        I hope not. If he blows it up, he better do it prior to the stacked 2014 draft
        Umm actually it's very possible that the 2015 class could be better than 2014. Some guys might stay two years (Parker is already rumored to be doing this) in order to increase their stock or for some college glory. It also might be easier to get into the top 5 in that draft when 7 teams that are significantly worse than us aren't trying to do the same thing.

Also like Fair89 said we could probably get more back for Gay/Lowry after all-star or near all-star caliber contract years. Ujiri is not afraid to trade players right after signing them as we saw with Nene.

Comment

• My friend, you can't "ignore" salary. You know that Nilanka. lol

Comment

• sleepz wrote: View Post
            My friend, you can't "ignore" salary. You know that Nilanka. lol
            What??? I ignore salary all the time! I go to the store to buy milk and eggs, and come home with a $300 grocery bill :|

Words of Wisdom: Never go to Loblaws when you're hungry.

Comment

Ignoring salary, Memphis could've definitely used a shot-creating wing capable of working in isolation in short clock situations.
              Exactly. I got grilled on Twitter by Matt Moore during the playoffs when I said I'd rather have Rudy take a big shot than Marc Gasol.

Gasol can't create his own shot. If you can't feed the post on that possession, you're royally screwed.
              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• Xixak wrote: View Post
                Yep this is understated, it cost them bigtime in the WCF where they played against an elite defense for the first time. That's why Gasol, Conley and Z-bo all shot under 40%.

Agree with this, except he was 4th best (LBJ KD Melo then him)

Umm actually it's very possible that the 2015 class could be better than 2014. Some guys might stay two years (Parker is already rumored to be doing this) in order to increase their stock or for some college glory. It also might be easier to get into the top 5 in that draft when 7 teams that are significantly worse than us aren't trying to do the same thing.

Also like Fair89 said we could probably get more back for Gay/Lowry after all-star or near all-star caliber contract years. Ujiri is not afraid to trade players right after signing them as we saw with Nene.
                ....and when you have Bayless playing hero ball, you know there's something missing on the wings.
                "This just in........ THE RAPTORS ARE AMAZING!"

Comment

• Mundy wrote: View Post
                  ....and when you have Bayless playing hero ball, you know there's something missing on the wings.
                  Bayless playing Hero ball is what Bayless does and all that Bayless knows.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                    Bunch of people are overreacting as usual. Sigh.

Who put George in the same sentence with LeBron, Melo and Durant??

I'm basically ranking the top SF's in the game. I think George is the 4th best SF in the game. But that doesn't mean he's in LeBron or KD or Melo's level. Give your head a shake.

And yes i think Rudy Gay is the 5th best SF in basketball.
                    LOL. I did kinda go off on you, T-Rex. Nothing personal, bro.

But, NO, I definitely do not think that Paul George is the 4th best SF in the NBA. I would put him in an indistinguishable pool of 2nd tier guys like: Gay, Josh Smith, Pierce, Thad Young, Leonard etc... George is not clearly above any of those guys, IMO.

Comment

• isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                      Exactly. I got grilled on Twitter by Matt Moore during the playoffs when I said I'd rather have Rudy take a big shot than Marc Gasol.

Gasol can't create his own shot. If you can't feed the post on that possession, you're royally screwed.
                      LMAO! Please post that twitter conversation here. Would love to see it.

Comment

• Overpaid

So Rudy's biggest flaw is that his people were smart enough to negotiate a fantastic contract? Tell me, what does that have to do with his ability to add huge value to the Raptors on-court abilities? And why does that contract make him over rated?

I'm quite happy to find that he employs people that good at their jobs. That tells me that he is probably able to employ good advisors for his other needs as well. Like an eye surgeon, or a tattoo artist, or a barber. Let's face it kids, the man is a dude and we're lucky to have him on the team. AND his presence makes another player, Kyle Lowry, feel a little less paranoid about his ability to point guard this team. Because IMO paranoia is KL's biggest problem. And BC's strategy of keeping Jose around to back him up never helped the team. The two back ups the Raps now have leave little room to question who is the man at the 1 spot.

Comment

Umm actually it's very possible that the 2015 class could be better than 2014. Some guys might stay two years (Parker is already rumored to be doing this) in order to increase their stock or for some college glory.
                          The fact that players are considering reclassifying to raise their stock is pretty much proof that the 2015 class won't be as good as 2014. I agree, however, that 2015 looks to be a pretty strong draft class as well. It's just not going to be as strong as 2014, where guys who would be top-10 picks in other years will be going 20-30 or even lower.

Comment

• Roarque wrote: View Post
                            Let's face it kids, the man is a dude
                            Nuff said

Comment

LMAO! Please post that twitter conversation here. Would love to see it.
                              Haha. Don't know if I'll be able to find it because it was so far back.

Basically he quoted my tweet with an OH MY GOD and my mentions subsequently blew up with random people siding with him.

EDIT: Found it.

Probably should've worded my original tweet better. Oh well.
                              Last edited by isaacthompson; Wed Aug 14, 2013, 04:09 PM.
                              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Wouldn't it make more sense to start the tank now or at the deadline then, to enter 2014 draft as well as 2015? If they want to tank, may as well tank hard

Comment

Working...
                                X