No announcement yet.

Raps Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^Tbh if my predictor is even remotely accurate, Ujiri blows up the team around the end of December. Doubt he'll sit on a 12-17 squad. Would still have time to dump guys and push for a 25 win season (13-40 finish)

Comment

Xixak wrote: View Post
      Gonna do this for fun. Gonna assume we lose every game to teams clearly better than us, win against teams clearly worse and win at home vs. even teams and lose on road vs. even teams. Let's estimate our trade deadline record (for convenience sake let's say the deadline is Feb 19th same as this year).

OCT/NOV:
      vs. BOS: W
      @ ATL: L
      @ MIL: W
      vs. MIA: L
      @ CHA: W
      @ IND: L
      vs. UTA: W
      @ HOU: L
      @ MEM: L
      vs. CHI: L
      vs. POR: W
      @ PHI: W
      vs. WAS: W
      vs. BKN: L
      vs. MIA: L
      Record: 7-8

DEC
      vs. DEN: W
      @ GS: L
      @ PHX: W
      @ LAL: L
      vs. SAS: L
      vs. PHI: W
      @ CHI: L
      vs. CHA: W
      @ DAL: L
      @ OKC: L
      @ SAS: L
      @ NY: L
      vs. NY: W
      @ CHI: L
      Record: 5-9

JAN:
      vs. IND: L
      @ WAS: L
      @ MIA: L
      @ IND: L
      vs. DET: W
      vs. BKN: L
      vs. MIL: W
      @ BOS: W
      vs. MIN: W
      vs. LAL: W
      @ CHA: W
      vs. DAL: W
      @ PHI: W
      vs. LAC: L
      @ BKN: L
      vs. ORL: W
      @ DEN: L
      Record: 9-8

February:
      @ POR: L
      @ UTA: W
      @ SAC: W
      @ LAC: L
      vs. NOLA: W
      vs. ATL: W
      @ WAS: L
      Record: 4-3

TOTAL RECORD BEFORE DEADLINE: 25-28

Ouch... No chance of tank and likely outside looking in on playoffs.
      Rudy Gay and Jonas Valanciunas to the rescue? +5 wins

Comment

West coast trips are better spaced than in past.

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
          West coast trips are better spaced than in past.
          More time to prepare for a loss

Comment

85 days left. Book it. 2013/14

Comment

And no one has mentioned that we have 3 back-to-backs in our first 7 games... Ugh. Hopefully those young legs can handle it. I guess it's good to get the back-to-backs out of the way early when legs are fresh.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                my legit reaction..
                What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

It seems like the Raptors always get that "fantastic" schedule to start the season... Oh well, I hope we get through the first 2 months with a .500 record, maybe beat some elite teams in the process. This would be pretty encouraging for the remainder of the season.

It's pretty hard to tell right now how the Raps will actually do this upcoming season. I mean we could either be much worse than expected or much better. If Gay after his eye surgery is gonna improve his shooting and DeMar starts hitting threes, Ross becomes a consistent contributor off the bench, Lowry does better and Fields finds his touch, Buycks plays solid etc... then we could be a lot better than most of us expected. But we could also be worse, if non of the above happens and everybody lose their faith in this group.

Right now, though, I just can't wait for the season to begin and simply watch some Raptors basketball! It can't come soon enough.

Comment

BadDinosaur wrote: View Post
                    It seems like the Raptors always get that "fantastic" schedule to start the season... Oh well, I hope we get through the first 2 months with a .500 record, maybe beat some elite teams in the process. This would be pretty encouraging for the remainder of the season.

It's pretty hard to tell right now how the Raps will actually do this upcoming season. I mean we could either be much worse than expected or much better. If Gay after his eye surgery is gonna improve his shooting and DeMar starts hitting threes, Ross becomes a consistent contributor off the bench, Lowry does better and Fields finds his touch, Buycks plays solid etc... then we could be a lot better than most of us expected. But we could also be worse, if non of the above happens and everybody lose their faith in this group.

Right now, though, I just can't wait for the season to begin and simply watch some Raptors basketball! It can't come soon enough.
                    I disagree the basement for this team would 34 wins. I can't see them losing less games than last year. Talent wise this team has been upgraded.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Is it October yet?
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

How fun is that...I'll be in Toronto during holiday season. ( xmas ) This is the fucking only time I can get 'vacation' from my uni. Now the best part - Raptors will play only 5 times in December. Fuck NBA. Happy holidays.

Comment

Oh yeah....the schedule. Last year, when the raps were something like 3-9, I predicted them going 4-21. I could do that because I saw the team that we had and I saw the stretch of opponents ahead. This year it's not so easy. The only way this team doesn't get blown up is if they aren't the team we expect. Everything comes together and they exceed. Tough to predict that outcome.
                          Overall, not too bad though. The real worst case scenario is having an incredibly soft nov/dec and then be fooled into thinking this team is worth keeping together. Give them an honest test.

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                            I disagree the basement for this team would 34 wins. I can't see them losing less games than last year. Talent wise this team has been upgraded.
                            Well, they were 10-17 with Gay before April last season.

They absolutely fell apart right when they were about to knock on the playoff door.

Hopefully the additions to bench and improved play of Ross/Fields changes that.

Comment

Thanks moderators. It was needed.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post

Seems like forever...and at my age, the days just fly past.

Comment

Working...
                                X