RaptorsHQ: Kyle Lowry - The Enigma Part Deux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

slaw wrote: View Post
    Lowry is an example, for me at least, of a guy who is productive but doesn't really help his team in the W-L column. They aren't necessarily empty stats (i.e. Ricky Davis) but he just never seems to have a big impact on a game in terms of winning/losing.

I'm not sure he's an enigma, though. His numbers the last 3 seasons have been very consistent. He had a slight drop in his shooting percentages last season but it doesn't appear to be a trend. What we saw last season was pretty much what Kyle Lowry is. You'd anticipate him having a big season in his contract year but it could be that 13/7/5 is what you get out of him for the rest of his prime.
    Before he came here he was a starting point on a plus .500 team in Houston for two years straight. Only reason he hasn't been playoff is cause the west is so tough. Thier is no way you can fill out the stat sheet and not contribute to winning. You guys need to relax. Lowry is a starter in this league.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      Before he came here he was a starting point on a plus .500 team in Houston for two years straight. Only reason he hasn't been playoff is cause the west is so tough. Thier is no way you can fill out the stat sheet and not contribute to winning. You guys need to relax. Lowry is a starter in this league.
      Goran Dragic says "hi".
      Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
        Hey, you mock, but i actually believe that at some point something like that will happen for Toronto.
        At some point is a very broad timeline. At the moment Lowry is better than any option available to us. Lets hope the trade deadline is good to us.

Comment

jimmie wrote: View Post
          Goran Dragic says "hi".
          From the bench I know.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

From the bench I know.
            LOL. He took Lowry's job for a time, same as Jose, and Houston wanted him back more than they wanted Lowry back. Phoenix seems to like him quite a bit, and he put up comparable numbers to Lowry's career best there last year. Not sure what that says about Lowry. And suggesting that it's impossible for a player to "fill out the stat sheet and not contribute to winning" is also pretty rich.

For that one, Mike James, among many others, says "hi".

The point is, it's not clear-cut that Lowry can be a legit starter on a playoff team.
            Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

LOL. He took Lowry's job for a time, same as Jose, and Houston wanted him back more than they wanted Lowry back. Phoenix seems to like him quite a bit, and he put up comparable numbers to Lowry's career best there last year. Not sure what that says about Lowry. And suggesting that it's impossible for a player to "fill out the stat sheet and not contribute to winning" is also pretty rich.

The point is, it's not clear-cut that Lowry can be a legit starter on a playoff team.
              He took Lowry's job because he got hurt... and before he was shut down for the season while playing injured he was killing Dragics stats.

Comment

All Mike James did is score? His not the best rebounder PG in the league. His not top 15 on steals. Lowry got injured and he came he was given back his starting role. I don't think Houston wanted either of them. Between all three teams (Houston, PHX and Tor) I believe we got the best PG.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

All Mike James did is score? His not the best rebounder PG in the league. His not top 15 on steals. Lowry got injured and he came he was given back his starting role. I don't think Houston wanted either of them. Between all three teams (Houston, PHX and Tor) I believe we got the best PG.
                  Haha! I agree that we got the best of Lin/Dragic/Lowry. That's a far statement from saying that Lowry is the guy on a meaningful playoff team.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                    Since Chris Paul is just waiting for the starting PG spot to open up on the Toronto Raptors roster before he demands a trade, we should probably release Lowry right away.
                    this comment combined with your avatar actually had me laughing for a good while there

Comment

For a moment there I saw the title of the thread as:

Kyle Lowry - The Enema

Comment

Working...
                      X