No announcement yet.

ESPN 2013-14 East Standings [update: Post #86]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think Horford would be much better on a team where he can actually play PF?

Comment

• Miami
      Chicago
      Indiana
      Brooklyn
      New York
      Atlanta
      Washington
      Cleveland
      --------------
      Detroit
      Toronto
      Milwaukee
      Boston
      Charlotte
      Orlando
      Philadelphia

That was ESPN projection in August.

What do you think now 3 games in?

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
        Miami
        Chicago
        Indiana
        Brooklyn
        New York
        Atlanta
        Washington
        Cleveland
        --------------
        Detroit
        Toronto
        Milwaukee
        Boston
        Charlotte
        Orlando
        Philadelphia

Still too early to tell for me. I think New York will be worst than many people think and i'm not high on Washington either. I can see New York fall as low as 7th and i think (hope) Toronto will grab one of the last 3 spots

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
          Miami
          Chicago
          Indiana
          Brooklyn
          New York
          Atlanta
          Washington
          Cleveland
          --------------
          Detroit
          Toronto
          Milwaukee
          Boston
          Charlotte
          Orlando
          Philadelphia

Don't think Washington or Cleveland will make it. I think Detroit takes their place, and MAYBE us. But it seems more and more likely we'll have to blow it up eventually. SO if we do, then Wsh or Cle will take our spot.
          "Masai WILL win us a championship"
          - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

• KazanTheMan wrote: View Post
            Don't think Washington or Cleveland will make it. I think Detroit takes their place, and MAYBE us. But it seems more and more likely we'll have to blow it up eventually. SO if we do, then Wsh or Cle will take our spot.
            I think Detroit is in. Josh Smith found his 3 point shot (and spacing) it would appear.

Washington, Cleveland, and Toronto (minus a blow up) are likely going for that last spot.

Comment

• We're one week in and he went 3-11 his last game. He may have space to shoot them, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Zaza Pachulia is tied for the lead in FT% at 100%.
              Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• 3 games is a very small sample size.. but the way things are going I would think that Cleveland, Washington and Toronto will have the hardest times getting to the playoffs.

Irving is great but can he sustain an 82 game schedule? TT is looking good, but no one else is really shining. I don't see Bynum playing more than 50 games.

In Washington, I'm becoming less and less of a Wall believer. He got his shiny new contract but its looking like a bad value contract. If Nene can remain healthy and Beals returns to form from last year then they have a shot. But it's not a guarantee.

With Toronto I think it comes back to what MU will do. Is he going to blow it up, tinker, or let it be? If he let's it be will Gay be willing to pass the ball when he gets it or will he remain a black hole? They are 2/3 right now but wait until they play the big boys. If they tinker then the only assets he really has are draft picks. Would the fan base be happy to see a pick go to another team? I know that I wouldn't be happy... unless they can get a young all-star talent coming back who has multiple years left on his contact (or will soon be an RFA).

Could MU make the team better this season by trading part of their current core without including a pick and JV, but by also keeping their flexibility in tact for the short future? If he can then I think MLSE should start getting some bronze so that they can start building a statue.

Comment

• Here's an interesting tidbit.......

The over/under for the season by Vegas for Philadelphia before the season was 16.5. They are 3 - 0 of course. I wonder what it is today?

Comment

• Charlotte was 7 -5 to start the season last year and then lost 18 straight. Vegas is not quite as fickle as your average internet forum poster.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                      Charlotte was 7 -5 to start the season last year and then lost 18 straight. Vegas is not quite as fickle as your average internet forum poster.
                      Truer words have never been spoken.... but even a broken clock is right two times a day.

Comment

Charlotte was 7 -5 to start the season last year and then lost 18 straight. Vegas is not quite as fickle as your average internet forum poster.
                        Unsure what you mean.... if betting is left open that line on the Sixers changes.

Comment

• That's what I mean...does it change?

Comment

That's what I mean...does it change?
                            of course it changes.

Comment

• Yeah I misunderstood. It would change because suddenly everyone is betting the over. But my point was that MCW and the rest won't keep it up and the line may turn out to be accurate...which was not what you were saying.

Comment

• I am guessing here but it would have to because a boatload of cash would go to the "over" (at least by Philly fans) which would necessitate change. No different I would think from how betting lines move on say football games during the week to balance out bets made because of eg. occurrence of special circumstances like an injury. Of course the bets are associated with the line at the time of bet placement.

ps...I tried to verify this but cannot seem to find the current line on the Sixers.

Comment

Working...
                                X