Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Could Matt Bonner return to the Raptors?

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    My opinion is based on Ujiri's shown philosophy to have projects at the end of the bench rather than established, older, and possibly declining veterans.

One thing the Raptors have going for them is young veterans who appear to be very professional (Amir, DD, Gay). IN addition they have JV who by all accounts lives and breathes basketball striving to be his best and listen to his coaches.

I don't see a Blatche, McGee, Young under Arenas-like situation brewing in Toronto.
    Ujiri's philosophy though also made a lot of sense when he took over Denver and they had some vets in key roles. It makes more sense in that case to have youth behind vets. But you don't need to only have youth behind youth.

And I agree about the youth in Toronto. Generally pretty good culture abrewin

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Ujiri's philosophy though also made a lot of sense when he took over Denver and they had some vets in key roles. It makes more sense in that case to have youth behind vets. But you don't need to only have youth behind youth.

And I agree about the youth in Toronto. Generally pretty good culture abrewin
    The only guys over 26 on Denver:

2012-13 were Miller (36) and AI (29).
    2011-12 were Miller (35), Nene (29), Anderson (33), and Harrington (31).
    2010-11 were Miller (34), Nene (28), Anderson (32), Harrington (30), Ely (32), Carter (35), Martin (33), Williams (27).

In the three years MU was in Denver you could see the team get progressively younger.

Like I said, I did not mean to imply bashing Bonner. Just don't get the vibe MU is one for mid-30 something end of benchers. I could be very wrong and I'm sure each situation is different. Based on the house cleaning of the front office, I also don't think the nostalgia of Bonner is going to influence MU either.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

3. Like Joey liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    The only guys over 26 on Denver:

2012-13 were Miller (36) and AI (29).
    2011-12 were Miller (35), Nene (29), Anderson (33), and Harrington (31).
    2010-11 were Miller (34), Nene (28), Anderson (32), Harrington (30), Ely (32), Carter (35), Martin (33), Williams (27).

In the three years MU was in Denver you could see the team get progressively younger.

Like I said, I did not mean to imply bashing Bonner. Just don't get the vibe MU is one for mid-30 something end of benchers. I could be very wrong and I'm sure each situation is different. Based on the house cleaning of the front office, I also don't think the nostalgia of Bonner is going to influence MU either.
    Many of these guys were main rotation players. This is not the case in Toronto where the oldest major piece of the rotation figures to be....Tyler Hansbrough at 28? I'm not saying every reserve should be old, but it also isn't necessarily great if they are all unproven young pieces.

Thread Information