Toronto's sell-off competition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xixak wrote: View Post
    Lol of course you add this completely irrelevant condition.
    Irrelevant?

People make comments and immediate reply as an ass.

How many slaps in the face do you think people are going to take?

THe sad thing is you bring good stuff to the conversation. Unfortunately you can't accept another point of view without resorting to childlike behaviour.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      Irrelevant?

People make comments and immediate reply as an ass.

How many slaps in the face do you think people are going to take?

THe sad thing is you bring good stuff to the conversation. Unfortunately you can't accept another point of view without resorting to childlike behaviour.
      What other point of view? You were desperate to rush in and prove me wrong, and posted something that supported what I said.

I didn't even call you an imbecile, I said trying to prove someone wrong with information that agrees with what they said makes you look like one.

Comment

What other point of view? You were desperate to rush in and prove me wrong, and posted something that reiterated what I said.
        Because you were wrong. I posted wrong link.

Comment

Or you could stop trying to prove every single thing I say wrong.

If I made a post saying that water is made up of hydrogen and oxygen, you'd find a reason to disagree with it.
          Actually, since I know you like to be "accurate to the point of senseless". Some water is also made up of the hydrogen isotopes deuterium and tritium.

Comment

I'm not a moderator (and don't wish to be one), but would it be possible if personal jabs can be left out of the forums?

The reason I love RR is because most conversations are civil. I really enjoy the debates that go back and forth and respect most peoples opinions. Xixak has a lot to offer to this forum and I'm glad he's a member. Can he rub people the wrong way? Sure - but why can't you just send a private message to him letting him know if you felt offended so that perhaps next time he doesn't do it again. Same to be said for other posters as well. No need to start a bashing contest.

That's also why I don't post on the main page since that's what a lot of people seem to do.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              Because you were wrong. I posted wrong link.
              Could you please post the right link then?

Comment

Katman wrote: View Post
                Actually, since I know you like to be "accurate to the point of senseless". Some water is also made up of the hydrogen isotopes deuterium and tritium.
                k

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                  I'm not a moderator (and don't wish to be one), but would it be possible if personal jabs can be left out of the forums?

The reason I love RR is because most conversations are civil. I really enjoy the debates that go back and forth and respect most peoples opinions. Xixak has a lot to offer to this forum and I'm glad he's a member. Can he rub people the wrong way? Sure - but why can't you just send a private message to him letting him know if you felt offended so that perhaps next time he doesn't do it again. Same to be said for other posters as well. No need to start a bashing contest.

That's also why I don't post on the main page since that's what a lot of people seem to do.
                  Been there, done that! Doesn't work..
                  If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Could you please post the right link then?
                    Already done.

Comment

Cyberbully
                      To cyberbully is to tease, make fun of, or insult a person on the internet. Basically acting like a tough guy or a bully on the internet.

There's too much of this going on in this forum. It you can't interact like an adult in a discussion, then don't. Which is what I usually do because I can't be bothered in getting into pissing contests with 16 years olds. But occasionally the assholes need to be called out.

Comment

What other point of view? You were desperate to rush in and prove me wrong, and posted something that supported what I said.

I didn't even call you an imbecile, I said trying to prove someone wrong with information that agrees with what they said makes you look like one.
                        You were actually the one who was desperate to rush in and prove me wrong. That's how the entire derailment began.

But I think he's talking more about the big picture and how you've managed to be an antagonist to literally almost every regular poster on here over the last few weeks. I swear you've already been called out for it multiple times and I can even recall a couple apologies from you already. Then a couple hours elapse and you've reappeared to call someone an imbecile, or ask if they're stupid, or infer that they've been smoking crack because they've dared to disagree with you.

Opposite sides of the discussion are what drives forums like this and really, what make it worth killing time on here. You can do it without being so damn obnoxious all the time though too. Pretty much everyone else has shown themselves to be capable of it besides yourself. You obviously have a lot of passion for the Raptors and the NBA, and despite not agreeing with you on a few fundamental issues surrounding the team, you can tell that you're pulling from a pretty good base of knowledge. It'd be nice if you could share it without having every thread deteriorating into a pissing match between you and [insert poster's name here]. The majority of the threads on the front page are you arguing with someone right now.
                        Last edited by Fully; Fri Aug 16, 2013, 03:43 PM.

Comment

100% On Topic Post of the Day

I think the Raptors will have a harder time if they try to move Lowry this year. The PG market seems to have dried up as more teams are either set, think they are set, or are tanking hard. Utah would have been a prime example of a team that clearly needed a PG to go with Millsap, Favors, Haywood, Al Jeff, etc but now they are so clearly going the other direction (tank) that they wouldn't want to take him on except as an expiring deal.

The only saving grace for moving Lowry might be if a huge bidding war starts for Rondo with 3 or more teams. In that scenario, the teams that lose out may be forced to turn to plan B (Lowry) since they will basically have already admitted that they need a better PG, it would be hard for them to walk away empty handed without any consolation prize.

I think it is more likely that Gay or Demar gets moved than Lowry.
                          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I generally don't air dirty laundry, but Xixak is going to have a little timeout. Perhaps a week away from the forums will do him good. Solid contributor, but is taking things too personal and derailing most discussions as of late.

Carry on folks!

Comment

That is my whole beef.

I've been posting here for three years. I steer clear of the mainpage for the most part. The people who can't interact without insulting usually don't last long here. There are rules and polciies: http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...s-amp-Policies

Xixak has already said that belittling others from the onset of a conversation (i.e. respect) from the outset of a conversation is irrelevant. Personally I think that is the problem right there. I know I'm not angel here but I would like to think the longtime regulars know enough of me to know I don't insult or belittle those with a difference of opinion without provocation. The few times I have made a mistake (in information, opinion, or respect) I've always owned up and always apologized.

Comment

Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
                                I generally don't air dirty laundry, but Xixak is going to have a little timeout. Perhaps a week away from the forums will do him good. Solid contributor, but is taking things too personal and derailing most discussions as of late.

Carry on folks!
                                Your post is completely made awesome by your JV avatar at the moment. It fits so well...
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X