Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Toronto's sell-off competition

Raptors Republic Rookie MoscowRussia's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

We forget about Brooklyn.
    I guess Прохоров will be willing to spend another 15 mil. and he will have when Pierce gone after 2013-14.
    And the market is good.
    No new friends (c)

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote magoon wrote: View Post
    The only one on that list I wouldn't trade Gay for straight up would be David West, frankly.
    And only because of age. West is a better player.

Anyway, most of those players are underpaid at 12 mil and I'm certain they'd get more than 12 mil on the open market. Parker has been a top 10 player in the league for the last two years, he's easily a max guy, but the Spurs locked him up before that. Horford and Rondo, if healthy, are both max or near max players.

If Gay enters open market, I could see him get 12 mil or maybe even 14 mil if he has a solid year.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Matt52's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

A little reality:

richard

do you see any trade senerio for rudy gay of the raptors?the same gm had carmelo,and got alot in return?

Steve Kyler

Rudy is not nearly the player Carmelo was/is…

Rudy is a named player, beyond that, his stats do not line up with the hype surrounding him. Equally he’s going to be able to influence where he lands because of his Player Option for free agency.

So the question is who is going to give up a ton for Rudy Gay knowing they either lose him in free agency or they have to pay him a monster new deal?

Not sure that’s an ideal situation to get a real return. You have to have a motivated buyer to get a hefty return.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-rumors...-kyler-9162013

Charlotte
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    A little reality:

Charlotte
    I agree with Kyler's assessment of the situation, but there will always be teams that are "motivated buyers." Each year there are teams that take on the 'untradeable contracts', and what's more is that they give value for it. Bargnani, Turk, Joe Johnson, etc.

Look at last year's trade deadline as an example. Milwaukee was motivated as they wanted to do what they could to make the playoffs. The did what they could to get JJ Redick out of Milwaukee. Just like Gay, Redick could walk at the end of the year, or they would have to pay him good money. Orlando gave up Tobias Harris in order to complete the trade.

There are always teams that are motivated for one reason or another, and if Ujiri decides to do so, Gay will be moveable for positive assets.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Shantz wrote: View Post
    I agree with Kyler's assessment of the situation, but there will always be teams that are "motivated buyers." Each year there are teams that take on the 'untradeable contracts', and what's more is that they give value for it. Bargnani, Turk, Joe Johnson, etc.

Look at last year's trade deadline as an example. Milwaukee was motivated as they wanted to do what they could to make the playoffs. The did what they could to get JJ Redick out of Milwaukee. Just like Gay, Redick could walk at the end of the year, or they would have to pay him good money. Orlando gave up Tobias Harris in order to complete the trade.

There are always teams that are motivated for one reason or another, and if Ujiri decides to do so, Gay will be moveable for positive assets.
    After the Bargs trade, I believe anything is possible.

Gay's certainly tradeable - he's still a very productive player, and I think he's becoming underrated because he's overpaid (if that makes sense). He's a better defender than people think because of his "volume scorer" tag. The only question is what would be coming back in return. He's getting near the end of his contract, which is good for the Raps and probably makes him more tradeable.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

If Toronto were to decide the upside to the current team was limited and were to get active on the trade market, what other teams would they be competing with to return maximum assets? In other words, what teams are going to be sellers and what are they selling?

HoopsWorld.com has this article: 5 players most likely to be traded. Click the link to get rationale but according to them:

I would add:

Marcin Gortat, Phoenix Suns
    Definitely. I think Gortat and Asik should be at the top of such lists.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

If Toronto were to decide the upside to the current team was limited and were to get active on the trade market, what other teams would they be competing with to return maximum assets? In other words, what teams are going to be sellers and what are they selling?

HoopsWorld.com has this article: 5 players most likely to be traded. Click the link to get rationale but according to them:

I would add:

Marcin Gortat, Phoenix Suns
    anywhere dwight howard plays, every player is tradeable.
    Protocall
    https://www.youtube.com/user/PTC204
    http://www.ptc204.com

Uploaded a new track: Please like or comment on it if you dig it! Thanks
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAT4s_LO-rc

The best day of 2013 was the day I found out Andrea Bargnani got traded.

Thread Information