Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New Suns Jerseys

Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
    Those alternative jerseys are way too orange. Plus I don't like the sleeves.

It's always seemed strange to me how in America/Canada it's seen as bad to wear basketball jerseys to places other than to courts. In New Zealand (where I live) it's perfectly normal to wear them anywhere. Different cultures I suppose.
    What I don't understand is who cares if NBA player uniforms can be worn to the mall? Last time I checked these guys have a dress code, some of the fans should follow suit; anyone else able to perfectly picture an overweight white-guy wearing a Jordan jersey and socks with sandals at the mall?

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
    Those alternative jerseys are way too orange. Plus I don't like the sleeves.

It's always seemed strange to me how in America/Canada it's seen as bad to wear basketball jerseys to places other than to courts. In New Zealand (where I live) it's perfectly normal to wear them anywhere. Different cultures I suppose.
    different climates too... i'm pretty sure you can get away with regular tank tops or wifebeaters in new Zealand a lot more than you could here.. environment plays a big part in what's acceptable enough to not be judged for it..

when I go back home to the Philippines, my wardrobe choice is such that any picture that people back home see of me automatically qualifies for a harsh series of mockery from my friends. i'd never get caught walking around in just a wifebeater in Toronto, no matter how hot it got... because our max temperature isn't really THAT high.. but back home, where their minimum is significantly higher than Toronto's max... fuck that... wifebeaters night and day

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Why was it that the first thing that I thought was, "Holy Crap, the Suns are way undersized."?

That orange jersey is destined to find its way to some sort of charity. At least Golden State and LA have players worth getting an alternative jersey for. There's no reason to buy that ugly PE/Gym uniform.

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    That orange jersey is destined to find its way to some sort of charity. At least Golden State and LA have players worth getting an alternative jersey for. There's no reason to buy that ugly PE/Gym uniform.
    I can totally see them being a hot commodity in thrift shops in 10 years.. when whatever the year 2023 version of hipsters are all clamoring to be so uncool they're somehow perceived as cool in their own heads

Post Thanks / Like

Not a fan - those look like practice jerseys.

I don't like the minimalism in jersey design right now. The NBA has a fantastic history of some crazy-ass jerseys. You come up with a bunch of minimalist, monochromatic jerseys and you have a bunch of teams that look just like each other.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information